Reviews for Inversion
Nexus Infinity chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Ergoemos chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Ha, what a great follow-up scenario to Disappearance. I honestly hadn't thought about the idea that the Disappearance-verse being separate from the original, given that Koizumi had been so confident that it was a re-write of the same timeline, not an alternate universe.

Very cute and well-resolved, for "Kyon"'s return from a coma. I liked seeing the perspective of an "untainted" Kyon, one who hadn't met Suzumiya, and they did feel like different characters.
Rowan Seven chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I don't know who you normally write for, but if this what you produce when you write for yourself you might want to indulge yourself more often. It may not be your most dramatic or memorable piece, but Inversion rewards the reader throughout with consistently engaging prose and uplifting emotional resolution. I've read several of your Haruhi stories, and in this as in many others your ability to give the protagonists different nuances and internal dynamics while staying true to who they are astounds me. It was very interesting to watch the characters interact with each other here and see what was similar and what was different between them. I particularly liked how you handled Ryoko; something about her protective streak and how she engaged with Kyon and Haruhi really sold me on this depiction.

Kyon's narration was as compelling as usual, and some of the highlights include the line about the BBC science fiction show and Kyon's description of his other self just taking gambles and leaps of faith. I found it very easy to sympathize with him and his predicament and felt relieved as he gradually resolved the situation. This was an interesting coda to the Disappearance arc, and it's nice to think that the alternate versions of the characters succeed in creating an SOS Brigade and lasting friendships of their own. The presumed happy ending for Yuki is also heartwarming.

Anyway, I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that I enjoyed reading this short story and thank you for writing and sharing it. It's piqued my interest in the Haruhi fandom again and I've already gone searching for other written gems that have been published since I last looked.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
The manga Nagato Yuki chan... i stopped reading it long ago now this makes me want to go back were i left it coz it was an eternity waiting for each update YuzukiP.
Someone chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I always did wonder if fixing the timeline caused the other world to cease existing. I prefer your take on it.
shanejayell chapter 1 . 11/30/2012

grey mage chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I understand that its all from kyons pov, but you could have expounded the whole haruhi and Koizumi coming to visit. thats where you kinda lost me.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Cheeki chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
my heart. hnnngnh
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Interesting. normally i would have thoguht the other world woudl have died (fridge logic horror that it might be), but this is a unique take on th eother side of the looking glass. Ahh it would suck to have 3 days replaced by someone else and then be responsible for their actions afterwards.

very enjoyable story.
Kerfitd chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
What a treat for a Yukicentrist. You, sir, have made my week.
smogbike chapter 1 . 11/8/2012

I can sympathize with your feelings of being haunted by yet another "What if ...?" and I am pleased and grateful that you decided to write this "second look" into the "Other World" found in "The Disappearance"

I hope very much that you will continue this storyline ... from what we have seen here thus far, and from the evidence of Quality Writing found in your other Haruhi Fanfics, I feel certain you could deliver yet more fun and rewarding story-telling.

Yr friend in the aether,
AllenP3989 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
The story type says "complete", but I would be thrilled if you published more chapters. Still, if it must be limited to a one-shot, then it's a nice story with a cute ending.