Reviews for Every Thousand Miles
Samantha2611 chapter 4 . 2/12
That was amazing. I love Steve and I love poetry and that was one of the most well written poems i've ever had the pleasure of reading. Dam. (PJO) Well done. Ur talented.
Oh jeez my brain just felt so many emotions right now.
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 5 . 11/4/2015
Somehow a "kriff" slipped into this one... I believe the accepted cuss-word-but-not-a-cuss-word in this fandom is "fuddle." :-P
WalkingInTalaria chapter 10 . 5/12/2015
That was a great fic, especially since the Capsicle is my favorite Avenger. That new story sounds like it's going to be just as good as this one!
bookworm563 chapter 3 . 4/22/2015
This chapter was AWESOME! I was hanging off the edge of my seat, gasping from surprise and anticipation, and in suspense the whole time! Loved it!
bookworm563 chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
This is amazing, you have a true talent in writing!
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 10 . 3/22/2015
WRITE MORE! I WANT MOAR! X-D
This is so awesome. I love your writing. I want to co-write something with you sometime. X-D
I sometimes post as AnotherBook; the girl (Iris) who started the account invited me to join her in posting on it. All my stories have "Posted by Erin" in the description. Would you check it out? Please? _
TheVelvetRose 1120 chapter 8 . 11/3/2014
Lovely!
TheVelvetRose 1120 chapter 7 . 11/3/2014
Amazing! Marvelous! Phenomenal!
TheVelvetRose 1120 chapter 4 . 11/3/2014
You have a gift. Your writing is amazing.
TheVelvetRose 1120 chapter 2 . 11/3/2014
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
dare-to-do-our-duty chapter 3 . 1/18/2014
That was so great! I could totally see this scene happening in a movie!
NeoMiniTails chapter 3 . 1/10/2014
Hi! Hi!

I've said this before, but I love how you make Captain humanize the world around him and the way he thinks. For example, when he sees the sky through the window shield clear and blue, his wondering how it had the "right" to even be that clear when the world wasn't even all that happy at the moment with the robots flying around, killing people.

I love the description of Tony falling from the sky like "a red-golden star, com fizzling out."

I love the description that Captain thinks of when he sees Tony panic - "he never panics." As a man who has worked with him for a long time and knows him as well as he does, this is something nerve-wracking and bad if the man who is always calm (in a Tony way) is suddenly anxious and you can visibly see it.

Wow, the scene with Iron Man's suit and your writing from Steve's perspective is intense and amazing! I usually pause between paragraphs to write in parts of my review but my mind was glued in what's going on and how they will stop him without killing him... the funny was, I knew that the robots were more about taking over his suit so that didn't shock me... it is the intensity of the scenes after.

I chuckled at the description of the honda being an "annoying, cheerful green." Yeah, I'm sure anybody who lands on a car wouldn't be too happy with it. haha.

The moment after, the dramatically still Tony Stark is just as powerful as the action sequence before it. I feel the nerves.

Love this description: Dust fills the air, swirling and dancing, erasing all else.

The ending where Tony is laughing, the Captain is letting go, and the reminder that the sky is very, very blue... I love it! I love the callback to that original line you used in the early part of the chapter.

Nitpicks:
when (there) are robots buzzing around the city

Steve really hopes Tony isn't dying - it's a bit weak as a sentence and doesn't show much of how Captain feels. Also, I'd personally take out the word "really" because for some reason, it gives the feel of someone writing first person but saying their name rather than using pronouns... that may just be me, but I think "Steve hopes Tony isn't dying" is stronger by itself.

The contracts until (two) things exist.

demanding to (know) what happened

Awesome job,
Until Next Time,
Neo
NeoMiniTails chapter 2 . 1/8/2014
Hi! Hi!

Since I reviewed both of your preferences, I went back to a story that I started before... it wasn't until I read this chapter that I remembered that you said that your using present tense was a stylistic choice, not a mistakes-and then I remembered the three things that I've read from you and finally, I see why.

Most authors can't do what you do-especially using present tense and not make me cringe because often, people do it and it sounds like a badly written first person narrative, but you don't fall into that category-no, you have a way with words. You have a tendency to use the world around the characters and humanize it into factoring into their minds.

In certain stories of mine, where I am still learning the character, I have an issue with this... but you understand Captain America which is clear from everything that I read from you. You understand his pain, the grief, the struggle he has in living in a world that he no longer belongs... and when you understand, the words comes out clearly ringing out truth.

Favorite lines:
Drops fall like tears in the silence. - I love this line. it goes so vivid with the mindset of the Captain who cannot cry because they're strong, they lead people - they have to appear strong.

Later, you go back to that point and you allow him to cry which is also strong writing, not forgetting an earlier statement and leaving it.

While I'm in dread, reading this, you allow Captain to hear a lullaby - his mother's lullaby. It's a song he no longer remembers the words, but he remembers the beat. The moment is potent and powerful, and I love it because he realizes "Steve Rogers" is not dead.

Very lovely writing. No nitpicks.

Until Next Time,
Neo
Graveofthefireflies chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
I really liked how you opened this story with a character study. I enjoy fanfictions that address themes of psychological suffering and your take on Steve’s ordeal is very well written. The descriptions of Steve’s nightmares give as a good idea of what he may be going through. I really liked that you have made references to all the senses in your description. You get a really good idea of what Steve would experience being trapped underneath the ice. You describe the emotions very well, you get a very clear sense of the depression and feelings of hopelessness that the memories of the endless winter would bring back for Steve.
The scene between Tony and Steve was also very well written. There was a mutual understanding there of what was going on without any questions being asked. I really like how you captured the fact that Tony and Steve share a common experience of dealing with nightmares of a past trauma. Even if they don’t always see eye to eye Tony would be well placed to support Steve in that situation.
The last sentence was a nice touch. It summarized perfectly what happened in a very fitting metaphor.
I am looking forward to reading the rest of this story now.