Reviews for Distractions: A Lion King Meta-Fiction
22teamplayer chapter 21 . 11/14
I reached a lot of the same conclusions. These child shows tend to be to censored to have any real plot or dramatic developments, which often makes them boring. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong. I'm still holding out for Lion King 3 (4 if you count's 1 1/2 as #3) which, given how Hollywood keeps making needless sequels (or prequels), is bound to happen eventually.
JacksonMW chapter 21 . 11/2
The Lion King timeline is already confusing enough. After the first movie they had that book which introduced several new characters, but the creators of the 2nd movie were unaware of it's production and neglected to do anything with it in the movie. Now we've got the new show coming along which will further muck up the timeline. Tis a crap shoot in some regards, but I also see it as a way for us writers to have more freedom of interpretation.

Anyways, glad to see you're actually still alive and that the Fall of Man will be concluded soon. I'm in the same boat class wise. Final stretch, but boy does it suck as we all slowly march towards the final exams.
Ultimateblack chapter 21 . 11/2
I knew Lion Guard would suck so badly the moment I saw the art. I'm really sad that I was proven wrong. With this chapter, I completely lost hope with it being at least mediocre. They targeted the wrong audience... Well, not exactly wrong but old viewers will not like it.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 21 . 11/1
Watch out, Kion has the Roar of the Elders. You do NOT want that kid mad at you. Nice to see that you're still kicking, by the way. Please finish this story soon.
Truewhovian82 chapter 21 . 11/1
I honestly don't understand why everyone thinks this is gonna be so great, I mean just look at this thing. I mean I'm gonna watch it, but mainly out of the fact that I can't truly say I believe it sucks if I don't watch it. (Even though it will.) Frankly they would've been better off adapting some fanfiction, I mean that's frankly what this feels like right, a bad fanfic. Here's my opinion on how to fix it:
1) set it after TLK II
2) get rid of the super powers, I mean, why...?
3) get new animators these ones are clearly drunk
4) the rest is pretty much fine, keep Kion, keep The Lion Gaurd, keep the whole "breaking tradition" thing, that's fine.
If they went by something like this instead it would make a much better movie.
RWM chapter 20 . 10/11
Resistant Warrior Madman here

Lost password and email to account,on a dead phone memo.
Still love your work and hope you continue.
Good luck, still a favourite of mine.
will look forward to reviewing you.
the almighty alphamon chapter 20 . 8/17
Yeah this can be quite frustrating. Trust me I know, after the second season of Ninjago it seemed like the series was over so wrote my fanfiction (althoug I was aware it could continue) they announced a 3rd season, so I decided to hold off until it had finished in case I messed up the continuity. Then season 4 hit and ruined my fanfiction so much that I had to discontinue it.
Dreaming18 chapter 20 . 8/16
This was really funny to read! Either way I don't think it's going to stop people writing fan fiction with Kopa in it. You can still come up with some pretty good plot lines, but you'd just have to include Kion in the story. Kopa can still exist!
Haradion chapter 20 . 8/16
On the other hand... This fits with my Cannon quite nicely...
Zero Unit RGB chapter 20 . 8/15
Ugh, I didn't recognize it. But if it's any consolation, I found this to be totally hilarious. The Lion Guard is obviously going to be tossed towards an even younger audience but I still can't help feeling a bit excited for it. Either way, while it blows away the canon existence of any of our fics concerning a return or Kopa to the Pride Lands, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them squirm. Ah, such is life.
TRON0602 chapter 20 . 8/15
Lion King III is screwed. Curse you Disney! Lion Guard completely goes against the grain of Lion King. No mystical adult roar for a cub please. And no magic disappearing tattoo

On another note, awesome Honey badger reference Sante and who doesn't love some sibling argument over a TV show
Fencing Supplies chapter 1 . 8/15
Ultimateblack chapter 20 . 8/15
Immediately after I read this I warily searched the trailer for the lion guard. The animation was different, the characters were childish, the roaring scene and the hyenas' mention of kion trying assert power in the Oatlands was yet another rehash of the previous movies...

This show is for kids. Fuck that, I'm sticking to fanfiction
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 20 . 8/15
Bahahahaha! The responses are so funny and accurate at the same time! Well, at least, they're accurate in my opinion...