Reviews for Rosh Hashanah
Arpad Hrunta chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
This is a lovely story of reconcilliation between Josh and Donna. I like how you used the significance of the holiday to get them both thinking of reconcilliation and past mistakes, and their scene in the hallway was really sweet, and something I wish we would have gotten in the series.

I like your portrayal of Mrs. Russell as a well-meaning woman of limited intellectual and social horizons who unfortunately has no interest in expanding them.

Your portrayal of Donna's feelings about her big opportunity being not what she hoped it would be was poignant as well.

The last line is perfectly lovely, and perfect for this story, of course.
Gracie's Mom chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Wow. Just wow. That was a fabulous story. Please write more ASAP!
Veridissima chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
So sweet
lcf328 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Excellent, very thoughtful and sweet story...
sassie69 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I love this fic. The last two sentences are inspired. The characterisation of Mrs Russell is just as you would imagine Mrs 'Bingo Bob' to be. Josh having an emotional meltdown fueled by the time of year, fatigue and loneliness, just seems so right, so him. Thanks for posting.
debbie chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
wow... what a brilliant bit of writing thank you
alix33 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
"Rosh Hashanah," Donna said, trying to keep her voice patient and neutral, "is one of the most important days in the Jewish calendar. Or two days; it depends on who you talk to. It's the start of the High Holy Days, the ten days that lead up to Yom Kippur." "Oh, yes?" said Mrs. Russell, in her irritating, little-girl voice. "What's that?" Will had asked Donna to brief Mrs. Russell because the Vice President's wife was going to be the guest of honor at a luncheon given by the Montgomery County branch of Mothers for Peace and Justice on Thursday, and the speechwriter had included two innocuous references to the season in the text of the remarks the Second Lady was supposed to make after the meal. It had come out during her practice session that morning that she hadn't understood a word of these, and since at least half the women attending the lunch were likely to be Jewish, Will thought it might be a good idea to bring Mrs. Russell up to speed. Donna, with her encyclopaedic capacity for detail, was the first person he thought of for the job." - So, the Russell couple have absolute and utter airheadedness or skulls filled with quite futile mucus instead of working grey matter in common...
"Oh Josh," she said again, squeezing his hand. "I didn't know. I didn't know you felt like that. I didn't know." "You didn't know?" His voice cracked. She'd thought she knew him inside out and backwards, but she'd never heard this kind of emotion from him before at all; it staggered her to think how wrong she'd been. "What else would I have been feeling? What did you think, that I'd left the White House in the middle of the biggest international crisis we've had on our watch because I wanted to make sure I was still going to have someone around to type my memos? Everyone knew what I felt. Leo, C.J., Toby, Will, that damned Harper woman. Debbie Federer. The President. I think the guys in the mailroom knew, the guards at the front door. I couldn't have made myself more obvious if I'd hired a skywriter to put 'Josh loves Donna' in a big heart over half D.C." - They both were about equally oblivious, I would say.