Reviews for Digimon Adventure 03
Angelfish369 chapter 22 . 5/29
Just discovered this (through the brilliant Fizzing Wizard in fact!) and read through all of it just now! Well, I read the first 14 chapters then skimmed through the rest. Which means I'll have to go back and re-read it hehe. but omg this is brilliant! I am always amazed when authors can handle a big cast and still give everyone equal screen time and development. Your idea is so original and tied into the canon so smoothly that it really could have happened! I love your descriptions and mysteriousness and the internal turmoil of the characters as well as the tension and direness of the situation. This is amazing. Can't wait to find out more! In the mean time, I'll go re-read this...after a good night's sleep haha
SimplyFox chapter 22 . 9/18/2014
Ohmygoodness your story is so excellent this last chapter got my heart beating with stress it was amazing I can't wait to see what happens with Taichi and how he deals with his fears!

Thank you so much for writing!
Angel9979 chapter 22 . 9/1/2014
Ok, I feel awful, I forgot to review until now! Apologies! Anyhow, I really enjoyed this chapter, from the beginning bit of dialogue between Taichi and Daisuke to Agumons pov. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with MetalEtemon. Hope to see the next chapter soon and I hope your keeping well!
Axalion chapter 22 . 7/6/2014
This has been epic! Love the inclusion of Willace as well as the idea of the Coalescence. For taking on a cast of 27 main characters you're handling it really well. Characters are still coming out distinctly. Your crest idea is interesting and I can't wait to see what happens with Willace. So far he sorta seems like the sixth power ranger that always shows up late but is incredibly useful, in this case having both Lopmon and Terriermon and potentially his digivice. One thing I was wondering is what happened to the D terminals? Another thing, can you clarify whether there was a different time gap for the digimon and humans? You say "4 years" a lot for both but others you mention decades and I got a bit confused. Anyways, can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Good luck with all of your writing,
Axalion
Fizzing Wizard chapter 22 . 7/3/2014
I really like where things are going with Taichi, and I'm glad you had Daisuke tag along. Their little heart-to-heart (of a sort) was a highlight of this chapter. It's especially cool because Daisuke looks up to Taichi, and Taichi's so sensitive to failing the people who rely on him. And I like that Taichi decided to face Machinedramon head on. Seems like a thing he would do, especially with his emotions in such turmoil.

The whole thing with Mimi and MetalEtemon was unexpected and great. I'd had a guess that MetalEtemon might turn out to be a good guy, but I was also like, ehhh, he's so comical though, how much help could he really be? And of course now I'm wondering if he's just stringing Mimi along. Mimi's actions to get the other Chosen near him were pretty gutsy too. No matter how things turn out, I bet the others will be looking at her differently from now.

Mimi commiserating for Wallace touched me too. I was glad the others got on Yamato's case for being a sourpuss. Also, the line in the previous chapter about MetalEtemon offering "dental" was gold.
Tanya Takaishi chapter 22 . 7/3/2014
Aaahhhh! So much suspense! So many cliffhangers! I, of course, loved the Taichi/Daisuke scene. I think it gave us one of the biggest looks into how the kids really fell apart and I appreciated Daisuke's explanation especially. It makes his giving up the goggles earlier seem more realistic as well. The fact that he tried and tried but everyone got angry with him because his reminder hurt too much. What else is there to do but give up? It also lends an interesting take on his possible still crush on Hikari. I definitely feel like she has feelings for Takeru in this story and if Daisuke has a crush on her it isn't head over heels like before, so curious to see if anything develops or not. I wish I knew what bad things Daisuke said about Takeru!

Tai is awful here, but it all makes sense seeing that he is the one being tested. I always thought Machinedramon was the most horrifying of the dark masters. His deep voice and plain enormity equates fear in my book. And Tai was the most trialed in dealing with him so I think it was a good choice. I really appreciate getting Agumon/Koromon's perception in the later scene - it just makes you ache and worry for Tai and wonder what could possibly be happening. I love their bond and I love that even Agumon is a little fed up with him. ;)

Mimi's way of leading them to MetalEtemon seems to take all guesswork out of whether he is still bad or not. Too much like a trap. Of course, I imagine she is justifying it by thinking that the others would never have heard her out if she so much as mentioned MetalEtemon. I think MetalEtemon's idea is really interesting though. It would ensure that the chosen children's families would no longer think they are crazy, that's for sure. ;)

Wow, the shipping side is too strong in me (I feel like little me again, watching the show and reading into everything) but I couldn't help that Joe was the most concerned with Mimi while the others were more concerned with what she had seen. Uh, yeah, one of my OTPs there. LOL. Man, Yamato needs to lay off Wallace - I feel like the tension is just an example of how Yamato's own crest attribute has fallen throughout this whole ordeal.

My only thing to say about the other group is something about Hikari. She seemed to notice something. Whether it was the impending Megadramon or something else is my question. Her first possession by the light (Queen Kari of the Numemon) was in this place. So I'm curious if something with her might go down. Just speculating!

Love reading as always. Can't wait for the next!
crestoflight3 chapter 22 . 7/2/2014
Oh, that was wonderful! I loved Agumon's bit...you do such a great job with the Digimon's voices. With all of their voices, really, but the Digimon especially...none of their lines are corny or cliched, but they all are meaningful and realistic for the setting. You just make them real characters, instead of side characters, which I really appreciate. Keep up the good work!
Seany Mac chapter 22 . 7/1/2014
This is story really bums me out, and I really mean that in the best way possible. The strife between the chosen is really fascinating and sad at the same time. You make it feel very real and organic to the way the characters would be after 02, so kudos for that. Specifically with this chapter Machinderamon having Taichi's crest (I assume he has it, not certain) though, is an inspired choice. For me there really isn't a villain that's necessarily a natural fit to have Taichi's crest seeing as he never really had a villain he had a personal connection to, so Machinedramon works since he brings up the guilty memories of Hikari's illness etc, so it's a cool choice.

I do have some speculation/predictions as to who PhantomDragomon gave the other crests to and I'm interested to see if I'll end up being correct.
Friendship- Puppetmon (seems obvious to me)
Kindness- Kimeramon (Ken having to face his evil creation)
Light- Myotismon or some form of him (I don't see any other fit since LadyDevimon isn't significant enough)
Hope- Devimon (I guess Piedmon is a possibility, but Takeru and Devimon are meant to be haha)
Wisdom- BlackWarGreymon (Really the only enemy that Iori took a personal interest in despising, well other than Ken, kinda seems to fit)
Compassion- Arukenimon (She seemed to be one of the few villains that Miyako had a semi-personal connection to and was significant enough to get ample screen time, though I guess LadyDevimon is a possibility here too)
As for Reliability, Love, and Loyalty I don't have the slightest idea so it'll be cool to see where you go with those.

Once again great story! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Markcb chapter 21 . 6/3/2014
You are a bad, bad person. Not one, but TWO cliffhangers. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nah, in all seriousness, it was a good set up for what will surely be a more... definitive next chapter. It seems Matt is crumbling under the pressure, and having to deal with everything else as well as what seems to be a broken relationship with Sora sure isn't helping.

So MetalEtemon has the Crest of Innocence/Purity/whatever the hell the original writers/dubbers wanted to say. And like hell he is good now, that bastard.

It would be a lot of bad luck that Tai and Daisuke would go to that "Dark Zone", right? Like, almost impossible. Surely with all the directions they could be going, they are not going westwards.
Angel9979 chapter 21 . 6/3/2014
Wow what a chapter, really enjoyed reading from Mimi's perspective in this chapter and the Sora and Matt bit, wow things are getting tense, is it possible that there's some major love triangle between Sora, Matt and Tai? Was Tai a reason for Sora and Matt breaking up...hmmm, well whatever it may be it's definitely got to be something major! Not entirely sure what I think of Mimi's new alliance with MetalEtemon, I'm not sure I trust him. Anyhow, I really enjoyed this chapter and can't wait for the next one!
chromate chapter 21 . 6/2/2014
Love the tension going on between the digidestined for now. A few chapter back things seem to have cooled down a bit, but now finally they're fighting each other again! Not that I want them to be enemies with each other, but it's always more dramatic and intriguing to read them trying to bite each other's neck off before reconciling with each other fully. Taichi's dilemma and worry are particularly well done over the past two chapters. If you ask me though, I think it's time for Ken to take a bigger role in the story, after his 'best friend' role has been taken by Wallace? Haha, hoping to read the next one soon!
Tanya Takaishi chapter 21 . 6/1/2014
Ack, this chapter just made me excited to read the next one! I really enjoyed Mimi's POV in this particular one, her anxiety over everyone's animosity and the loneliness reminded me a lot of Adventure Mimi who freaked out so bad she couldn't continue with the rest of the group. I think its the desperateness that makes me very suspicious of the whole MetalEtemon thing. While he may be treating his cronies well (then again, he wasn't really that awful of a leader to them originally - they seemed to be doing it of their own free will back in Adventure) he seems to be playing too closely to Mimi's insecurities. I have a feeling he's still not quite a good guy. He does have an interesting point though. If they could stop the dark ocean but merge the other worlds... how bad would that be, really? Hmmmm. That gets me all excited about the possibilities of where this story can go!

Oh and did I sense that there may be a little bit of Taiorato triangle in the past? Yamato seemed awfully jealous of Taichi just then. Hm. And I'm actually starting to feel bad for the snide Wallace. He really was ostracized in a way the rest of them weren't. Give him a break, Yama!

Let's see. Tai needs to get a grip. He's seriously losing it. Bringing back Machinedramon's city is obviously striking a very delicate nerve with him. I really look forward to seeing what he and Daisuke run into and I liked the little moment of Daisuke needing him to act. I think it said something about their relationship and that Daisuke apparently still thinks a lot of his sempai, despite the distance that had grown between them.

Dobermon are awesome. That's about all from that group that stuck out. Can't wait to see what the bad smelling thing they refer to is. Maybe its just Hikari's pack of loyal Numemon again, lol.
Cearta Day chapter 3 . 6/1/2014
Well I'm late to the party... I'm really loving this story so far. Your writing is nice and detailed, and I can't wait to see where this is headed.

I had to stop to review because the ending of this chapter made me flip out. Matt and his motorcycle save the day. Wonderful haha
Sora Loves Rain chapter 21 . 6/1/2014
Man, Yamato does not like Wallace & he didn't even say anything about Yamato's dad, he was the one who said it:( Sora & Yamato & their fights...oh Matt. Metal Etemon good...idk what to believe. Are some of the old bad digimon good & some of the old good digimon bad? Can't wait to see what happens next:D
Angel9979 chapter 20 . 5/13/2014
Hey, firstly I just want to apologise for the really late review, I totally forgot to do one when you posted this chapter, but due to the stress of exams coming up, I forgot, until now... anyway, this was a great chapter and I love how the characters are interacting with each other through all the various tensions. One thing I do want to know is how did Sora and Matt break up? I've been meaning to ask for ages but always forgot. I'm quite interested to know was it something serious or did they just kinda drift apart? Also will they get back together...or will they end up getting together with someone else? Can't wait to see what's going to happen to Tai and Davis's team next. :)