Reviews for The Lateness of the Hour
Guest chapter 8 . 6/6/2013
I really enjoyed this. Hope you continue to write josh & Donna. Thanks for a great story.
Veridissima chapter 8 . 5/22/2013
Love it
Really cute
Gillian Deverone chapter 8 . 5/21/2013
"It's times like this that I wished I still drank." A literal spit take. Mountain Dew covers my computer.

It's the ending I hoped for and oddly, an imperfect ending fits Josh and Donna so well. Thanks for writing.
alix33 chapter 8 . 5/20/2013
"It's times like this that I wished I still drank." - That sentence is SO funny and I could SEE it coming out of the mouth of John Spencer (the actor who played Leo).
sassie69 chapter 8 . 5/19/2013
Aww such a lovely ending, thanks
Gillian Deverone chapter 7 . 4/19/2013
Poor Josh. I know I should feel sorry for Donna, not Josh, but while the feminist in me would cringe and cry foul, I'd secretly love a man who loves me so much he is willing to go all over D.C. threatening to kick the shit out of people for me. Poor Josh.
sassie69 chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
Oh no! This has to be resolved. How could she think he would do that?! Nice cliff-hanger, but update soon.
Veridissima chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
That was so sweet
But now she's crying, poor Donna... poor Josh
Arpad Hrunta chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
Good chapter. Donna really overreacts a lot in this - I can see why she comes to the conclusions she does, but it's like she's actively looking for things to fail with Josh.
alix33 chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
"In fairness, Josh didn't screw up, per say, although sitting in a McDonalds in the middle of the night was probably not the dream date Donna had been imagining." - "didn't screw up, per se, although".
"Usually meeting with the old crone of a congressman only felt like hours," - "old fart" or "old fogey" of a congressman, since "crone" is a noun that means an elderly female.
"You don't know what it was like Donna. Spending time in an enclosed room with Mary Marsh? It's disconcerting. I get the feeling that every time she tells me 'I'll pray for you', it's really just Christian code for 'fuck off.'" - Josh is probably right about that Christian code thing, but that makes it even funnier than it originally was, and it was already pretty funny.
"Donna chuckled quietly, "So did you guys reach an agreement?" "Kinda, although the president is not going to be happy. We got the funding for the schools, but only if they promise to teach abstinence only, argh," Josh ran his hand through his hair, "How can anyone think in today's day and age that abstinence only is going to stop teenagers from having sex? It wouldn't have stopped me in high school," - Those sentences were equally funny.
"Who? Me? I didn't make a noise. I'm just eating my fries." "No, no. You definitely made a noise. It was like a 'ha', but a 'ha' filled with scepticism, cynicism and disbelief." "Wow, I must be really something to put all of that into one little syllable." Donna responded with a cheeky smile." - Hehehe.
"Donna kicked off her shoes and plopped down on the sofa. She looked around the apartment, while there was a pile of newspapers on the coffee table, a dirty mug, and a few jackets lying about, the apartment was pretty clean. "I think you must have tidied a little since the last time I was here. It's not as messy as usual, Josh." "Ha, not messy? Wait until you see the bedroom." "Wow, that was smooth," Donna laughed. Josh came jogging out of the kitchen, "I didn't mean it like that. I just meant my bedroom is really messy. Not that you were going to see my bed or the room that it's in. I was in no way implying that you would be spending time in my bedroom tonight." "Josh." "Yes?" He gulped. "Why don't you show me your bedroom?" Donna whispered, hoping she sounded more confident than what she was currently feeling." - AW, poor Josh!
flootzavut chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
Per se, not per say, and last chapter you had a defiantly that I'm pretty sure was supposed to be definitely.

You have their banter down just right, love it :-)
Kelly chapter 6 . 3/30/2013
I am in love with this story, it fills the west wing void in my life. I really hope you'll continue with it.
anon chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I'm in love with this fic. I love the obstacles and events you keep throwing at them but the best thing by far is how you've captured the voices and personalities of all the characters. I can hear everything being said in their voices. I notice it's been two months since you've updated and hope you'll continue the story. Thank you so much for the great read!
StoneCold7085 chapter 6 . 3/18/2013
I'm really loving your story. I'm dying for Josh and Donna to get together in every chapter but they keep getting interrupted. Great humor and fun, it seems Josh is really going to have to work for it with Donna; I wish she'd stop being so stubborn! I can't wait for you to update again.
traciaknows chapter 6 . 3/15/2013
This was really sweet. I look forward to where you take us next.