Reviews for The Star Collectors
MaryChapel chapter 3 . 8/25
I don't know what else to say; it's really good, wonderful, tense, etc, etc. :) Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
MaryChapel chapter 2 . 8/25
Oh, wow...you did such a good job on this chapter...I really, really love it! :)
MaryChapel chapter 1 . 8/25
Found this again while looking for more stories to read, and I'm loving it all over again!

*hurries on* Thanks!
MaryChapel chapter 4 . 5/6
Very well done! Thank you; the fandom needs more stories like yours. :)
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 4 . 2/17
This was a wonderful and well written story, keep it up and write more soon! :D
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 3 . 2/17
:D This is a great story, I love it!
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 2 . 2/17
Fascinating! *raises eyebrow*
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 2/17
Very interesting! Lol, I love Bones and Spock arguments. ;D
Very good. I sure wouldn't want a visit from those star collectors.
scorpionace01 chapter 4 . 7/15/2014
I LOVED IT! You have a fantastic writing style! Nice job! I love McCoy! You nailed him perfectly! Thanks for writing!
scorpionace01 chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's really good! Scary! I love Spock and McCoy's interactions! :)
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
Great story. You really got the atmosphere spot on. Thanks for sharing!
Schematization chapter 3 . 3/1/2013
An absolute ball to read! I love the line about 'but physics didn't seem to mind', at the beginning! That was a wonderful line. Poor Scotty having no clue what was going on and what was exactly trying to disrupt his darling engine room!

But your Spock and McCoy are just perfect together. You have them spot on with the bickering and arguing. It wouldn't be them if this on going, never ending arguing wasn't present. But you've wrapped up the concern in the situation as well as for one another into it as well, which is something that isn't always easy to do in writing for these two. So many just make it into a comic routine in the end but you've managed to put forth that they do worry over one another as well as the situation that they are caught in, as well.

Kirk in his role is excellent in the moment of giving his crew such last few words of how he feels towards them, when it appears that the end is closer than he ever expected it to be. He tries to be comforting but the pride of his crew and his ship comes through so clear. It's a good moment to slip into all of this horror that is going on around them.

I'm highly intrigued with the creature and have to wonder about it's connection to what's going on with the predicament of the "Enterprise'. I imagine it's something that one hasn't thought about yet so it must me be very interesting and totally unexpected.

Can't wait to get the time and chance to read the last chapter!

Hope you are planning to write more stories for us to read from the Star Trek TOS universe!
Schematization chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
I have to tell ya that this is really coming across as an actual episode! I can see this as blending seamlessly into the series that we all know as part of the 79 episodes that we also know by heart! And that is something totally impossible for the most part from what I've seen at this site at times.

And you know how to keep the reader wanting to stay with it, and not from chapter to chapter. From paragraph to paragraph is what I mean. You really have a grand talent and this is really proving it!

You've set up the obvious trouble that has caught the crew and ship into its trap. Now you have us wanting to know what it really is and what they will have to do to free themselves from it. It's perfectly setup to go along with the TV series. That is so difficult to do!

And Spock reaction throughout this chapter is what is really great about this chapter. Especially his moment of being 'stuck for words'. This shows his Vulcan equivalent of being dismayed, possibly even stunned by the circumstances that have so quickly unfolded with him in the middle of it.

And I have a bad feeling about McCoy following after this 'ghost' of his. You just get this bad feeling about that whole business. Undoubtedly his curiosity and his aggravation are leading the way, but we all know that generally gets him into trouble more times than not. so it should be interesting to see where it leads him this time!

Can't wait to read more when I get the chance! Keep writing whe you can because you have a wonderful talent for it!

-Schematization
Schematization chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I love the way you've added all the little piece of the secondary crew, Sulu and Scotty...the seat belt and mitts for Sulu. The line with Scotty referring to 'it's like swimming through treacle'...making sure we know that they are still part of the crew, when so many of us forget them or focus on the big three (including myself I'm afraid).

Like the way you literally left us hanging too...the stylus falling to the floor suddenly to halt in mid-air. Cliff hanger..right ;)

But time going backwards and yet standing still...but The turbolifts are working as well. All these things managing to happen at the same time. Definitely illogical. The Spock is paying attention to the creeping sensation in his stomach, something we always think of when it comes to Kirk. So we have to believe that Spock has been listening to his Captain and his emotions over time.

the first section I found interesting and perplexing which is what were suppose to no doubt. Poor McCoy tho. I like his reaction tho, reminds me of the scene in Star Trek The Undiscovered Country when Chang is attacking the ship at the end of the movie. And McCoy is thrown against the bridge wall and mutters 'This is fun'.

Again you've got everyone pegged, especially Spock and McCoy. Most definitely McCoy. Sarcasm and jokes all in form for him. Love it.

I will try to read another chapter before going off to finish the housework today!

Keep up the wonderful work

Schematization