Reviews for You Started It
JensenAcklesfanforever chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
that was good that is just the good old fashioned thumping that Dean needed who better to give it to him than his own little brother
FireKumori mage chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
i wish the show had taken this direction instead of just making it seem like Sam doesn't care anymore. :-(
lordtrayus chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
So right dean started it and screwed up, but no, it's all Sams fault, he never does wrong, thank you for writing, Sam should stand up to dean more, I cheered when he put dean in his place at the end of the episode, he's being a bigger dick than usual, and if he really does want Sam to stick around then treating him like that isn't going to help
WinJennster chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
omg...this must be the story you referenced on Starting Over. Personally, i LOVE it, Sam makes some excellent points here! hell, i think this should be a scene on the show. Haters be damned, this is powerful and eight kinds of awesome!
bgeesfan chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I don't understand why you got negative reviews. I think this story is really good and certainly truer to the characters as they are now than mine is. I like the explanation Dean gave Sam "I'm angry and I need someone to be angry at." I think that makes what he's doing and his whole attitude make sense. I like this story and I'm sorry you got negative reviews. I think you did a great job and I'm following you as an author in support. I'm sorry the others didn't see what you were trying to do here. I get it and I like it.
anna chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
id love to read the other fic that inspired this - since i think i would find it a lot more believeable and enjoyable
Adrian chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Wow, you write Sam just as he is in the show, so damn full of himself and that the world revolves around him that you just want to knock him out.
Being honest from the jump? Sure, just try and deceive yourself Sam because it won't work on anyone else. Dean had to pull the truth out. You lied to him about it until he did that.
Same old Sam, isn't he? Always shifting the blame elsewhere and never owning up to his share. Until he does he'll just keep on rolling and getting everyone else into trouble. You'd think he'd have learned once it was pointed out how much he's like Lucifer, but I suppose he's just too much like Lucifer to see the truth of it. The pride, self-righteouness and arrogance of the two of them.
Well done. It's not often I see such an accurate portrayal of Sam, most people try and gloss over it. To the point where it was the Dean fans who saw what was happening in season 6 first as the Sam fans were so used to glossing over and explaining away Sam's behavior that they didn't see it. Lol, that was awesome, though now of course they try and tell people they saw it coming from the first episode. We know better though.
SandyDee84 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I liked it! :)

Sam makes some excellent points, and it's nice to see him not treating Dean like the martyr he thinks he is.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
The rebuttals you gave Sam were all true. But it still doesn't explain why Sam left Amelia and went to the cabin. He didn't know Dean was going to be there. And I haven't got the impression that he's going back to Amelia. Maybe it's true that he didn't even try to figure out where Dean went, but something happened to Sam and I can't figure it out! But you did a great take on this. Thanks!
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Finally! Somebody who gets the fact that Dean (by his deal) started this chain, and that Sam's "fall" in S4 was a response to his pain & grief from allllllll of S3 and then watching his brother be ripped open by hellhounds. And that Dean blaming Sam for Soulless Sam not telling him he was Soulless was stupid because - duh - he had no soul, he wasn't caring & sharing with anybody.

Anyway - great story. Should be a must-read for all Sam-Bashers out there. Sam's not entirely blameless, but Dean for sure is a lot more to blame than ANYBODY ever seems to notice.
masondixon chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Well we all see things differently. I credit you for trying to present Sam's 'side' here but it doesn't work for me. I love Sam Winchester but Sam Winchester hasn't been on the show this season. He has been replaced by a whiny selfish brat who needs his ass kicked around some. He wanted his 'normal' life so he never spent a single second looking for his brother. He just got in his brother's car and hit the road- and then hit a dog- and then shacked up with a dull joke of a vet.
Dean has alot of issues this season- he should- he just got out of purgatory. But that upset Sam's flowery life with his dog and girl and out came the 'woe is me' crap.
So far this season Sam has suffered from character assassination and each episode he gets further and further away from the real person his character is.
You wrote this very well (as you write everything) but the idea does not work for me. Dean should be the one having the real rant (and not while under the influence of a spectre) and Sam should be the one listening and understanding. I am not one of those people throwing everything on Sam but he has ALOT to answer for before he starts throwing down at Dean.
Thank You for your story.
Lamarquise chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
If your objective was to put a balanced picture of the situation out there... So far as I can see this is only Sam's side of the story, and reflected on with rather a selective memory. Granted, Dean's deal was probably his greatest mistake, but the important calls were all in Sam's court after that. Isn't it a bit hypocritical of him to blame everything on Dean's selfishness and neediness and expect Dean to handle his death fine when he fell to pieces even worse-with far more sinister consequences-after Dean died? I can understand Sam wishing he'd never been brought back. That's totally fair. But blaming Dean for all the mistakes he made after? And the whole Pit idea? Sam's again. Dean wasn't supposed to do what he could to get Sam's soul out of eternal torment? Anything has to be better than that, but he can't be can't be grateful for everything Dean did and risked to bring him back and restore his sanity? Whether or not he did it deliberately, Sam and the issues around him have cost Dean pretty much everything Dean has to give: parents, a home, a childhood, any dreams for the future or vocation, repeated betrayals and heartbreaks, incredible isolation, a family, 40 years in hell, and all too often his life. He never gave up, even when he knew Sam was in the Cage. And Dean would have paid the price all again every time because he loved him. It's not all one-sided, and Dean did choose not to hate hunting as long as he was stuck with it, but Sam had to have had a pretty good idea where Dean disappeared to and he never really tried? If he can so lightly let Dean rot in Purgatory, why should we as viewers invest in this relationship?

I know you're probably a Sam fan and don't get any say in canon. But I don't think any scenario or fix you could think up would be satisfying given what canon has shown.
mb64 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
This was good!
Bunnykiss chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
THANK GOD! Dean always blamed Sam for a lot of things.. Think Sam has a lot of things to say too... But since Dean is the big bro... However I was glad Sam at the end could say few words to Dean... And the: Move on or I will... I know Dean blames Sam... But he still care for his baby brother.. And doesnt wanna let him go... He loves him ! I enjoyed your fic ! I know a lot of people understand Dean's side and think Sam is selfish.. But theres also Sam side to hear... Both of them made mistakes... Their bond is strong... And... I think Sam was thinking A LOT about Dean over the year... Anyway... Cant wait to see them like before... I hate all the angst...
Nyx Ro chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Yay! I've been WAITING for an 8.06 tag which acknowledged how unfair it was for Dean to blame Sam for deeds done by his untenanted body while he was being tortured by Lucifer. Yeah, I know the Spectre's influence kept Dean from thinking clearly; but I just wanted it recognized that that particular grievance was as irrational as killing someone over a decades-old Little League out.