Reviews for Madness Combat: Hank's Legacy
lolrus555 chapter 50 . 8/30
Wow... I don't even know where to begin. These last couple of chapters were just fucking crazy. First off, I just wanna say that I take back everything I said about Nikolai in the past. He was certainly a douchebag in the past and well... he still is even now, but I've come to see that he isn't heartless, he has some fucking honor, and having him intervene and save Hank's skin from that asswipe professor has more than redeemed him in my eyes. These past couple of chapters have honestly endeared me to the guy and I give you all kudos for accomplishing this.

Additionally, you really threw me for a loop with Aaron's motivations here. At first, I honestly figured that Aaron was trying to go on some kind of suicide mission to either rescue Ryder, kill the professor in the most painful way imaginable, or some combination of both, but of course, his third-person narration about Hank and how he was the 'least guilty' clearly set off some red flags. And of course, when everything becomes clear to see and Hank's holding Aaron at gunpoint demanding answers, it just feels awful. While I wasn't exactly 'AARON'S NUMBAH OONE FANBOI' or anything like that, I still had no problems with the character and felt for him about losing Ryder and seeing the awful fate that befell his family thanks to the AAHW and of course, everyone's favorite monster, regardless of his aloof and fairly cold demeanor after that ill-fated mission that separated him from his brother. With that in mind, it was both sad and disappointing to see Aaron willingly throw Hank under the bus for the sake of seeing his brother again. And not get back, literally just SEE him again. Like... I don't know if Aaron was just that desperate or didn't notice the Professor using exact words or some shit when they made that deal, but if he knowingly tried to sell out Hank for the sake of just SEEING his brother again, then... man, that's just awful. Honestly, I felt this was perfectly summed up when Hank compared the look in Aaron's eyes to the look of that girl who left him out to dry after he saved her from Marvin: After everything he did for him, everything they went through when they were the Madness Sqaudrin, Aaron was still willing to put the flimsy-ass promise of this sketchy-ass mad scientist over the safety of one of his squad mates.

...Despite everything he did though, it was both sad and pitiful to see what the Professor made Ryder do to Aaron. It's clear to see that Ryder was a clear mental and emotional crutch for Aaron despite their previous arguments, as evidenced by his words this chapter, so it was anything but pleasant seeing you describe Aaron's screams of pain devolving to crying and whimpering after the Professor made Aaron fuck up his face. And it was only worse when he was ordered to repeatedly kick him while he was down.

It was impressive. As a whole, you did a good job of making me both somewhat sympathize with Aaron for his past and showing just how much he needed Ryder while still making me completely agree with Nikolai and find great satisfaction in hearing him angrily chew Aaron out for his blatant betrayal, as well as hearing a few simple words from Hank that had a clear effect on him. (And once again, you seriously did a great job with Nikolai. I'm impressed with how you guys managed to make me go from hating his guts to genuinely liking him. Maybe it has something to do with how he lost barely any of his spirit or gusto despite losing his dominant arm.)

And the Professor... Oh ho HO, that fucking monster. Seriously... I honestly don't think I've ever experienced another form of media that's featured such an intensely hateable antagonist that I want to see fail, crash, burn, and suffer as much as I do this guy. Every single word he speaks is just oozing with condescension, smug superiority, and such a callous, monstrous disregard for human life. And that's not even going into his actions and what we've learned he did to Ryder and Aaron when they were fucking kids.

If you don't have it planned already, then PLEASE, I implore you, make sure his downfall in this story is painful and satisfying. The protagonists taking him down needs to be something that tears apart his fucked up philosophy before his very eyes and completely ruins his life's work, leaving him in the same, pathetic emotional state he's left so many others in. It'd be perfectly fitting for his downfall to involve him being left in a frotting, furious state just like how he left Nikolai in during this chapter, as well as pathetically leaving him at someone's mercy. I'm sorry for always going off on a furious tangent about the professor whenever I bring him up, it's just that you've done such a good job setting him up as a hateable antagonist, and I just feel that it wouldn't be a good pay-off for the readers if he didn't truly go through a veritable conga-line of humiliation before his defeat, y'know?

Also, many interesting things were revealed this chapter, chief among them, the true ramifications of Hank's potential overuse of bullet time. It was likely mentioned before, but the way it was worded just made me realize it's weight 'SURVIVAL OR SANITY?' This IS a fanfiction about MADNESS COMBAT, and sooner or later, the events of the main series are going to be shown on this fanfiction. With that in mind, I can't help but wonder if bullet-time's negative effects will have an important impact on the events of Madness Combat proper.

Speaking of the main story, I know I've said it before, but I'm seriously looking forward to when we eventually reach the canon events of Madness Combat, potentially starting with a simple day in the park that went so horribly arwy thanks to a goddamn boom box. With how well-written this story is, I'm seriously looking forward to more appearances from Jebus, who I truly liked for his honorable nature in previous chapters. With you guys actually giving Hank and Jebus characters, it's gonna be great to see you guys write out their rivalry of death here. They kill each other constantly, but there never seems to be any animosity unlike Hank's deal with Tricky, and signs of clear respect between the two of them.

Now that I'm done gushing, let me just say that I'm truly looking forward to seeing you guys combine the genuinely interesting lore you've set up here with the canon events of Madness Combat. It's gonna be truly wonderful seeing all the characters you've created so far interact with the canon characters as they are in the main series, and I'm also really gonna enjoy seeing the sheriff's death. Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten about that hillbilly boy, not by a damn sight. It's gonna be great seeing Hank get medieval on his ass with that 12 gauge.

But yeah, I truly apologize for not leaving any review for a while, it's just that this story has so many divergent storylines, most of which focusing on OCs (which I don't mind. These OCs are actually fucking and I'm well-aware it's necessary for a series like Madness Combat), and it can just all come off as a bit intimidating remembering where I left off, sometimes remembering who's supposed to be who, or at least remembering what they were doing last. But I still fucking adore this story. It seriously deserves the crap-ton of reviews and follows that most shitty Naruto/Pokemon/Harry Pothead fanfictions get within a goddamn day. I love this story, I love the amazing work you guys do, and I truly can't wait for more. Shine on you crazy diamonds, shine on...

(Also, I'm well aware I haven't mentioned this before, so I'll bring it up now. I honestly really liked the whole system you set up with Accelerants. I always found it to be an interesting concept how you added these pills into the Madness world that can, over the slow but steady course of time, grant anyone who constantly takes them superhuman reflexes and abilities. It all sounded like something that could honestly fit into the Madness world and fits with how in Madness Combat proper, there was no plausible explanation for why Hank, Sanford, and Deimos were near-superhuman badasses that could perform such incredible feats compared to the grunts, agents, and such. Granted, the Accelerants might have nothing to do with that, but I just wanted to say that I felt the Accelerants are a neat concept you have there. Additionally, I've really liked all the world-building that you've done with this story. I'll go into it in a later review, but the world of Madness Combat feels much more fleshed out here while still staying true to it's demented canon.)
One Eye Demon chapter 50 . 8/28
Pfft, Nik gives one hell of a speech. I'm not surprised if he's secretly a professional orator in his free time. I wonder what terms of endearment he gives to the higher ups?
One Eye Demon chapter 49 . 8/12
Oh yeah. Bring it Aaron. You're about to fight a dude that's capable of soloing a hell spawn clown and a single building. I doubt you're going to win the fight. Hey, in a side note. Who would win. Hank in his full glory or Good 'ol Nik in his prime?
Cheorkee rememberer gamer98 chapter 49 . 8/12
YEAH NEW CHAPTER! For a second I thought you had fled to Mexico or something and was worried about not seeing this updated. Am I the only one who thinks that before the Madness Squadron broke apart they did things like prank each other during their off time? I can totally see Aaron call Eli Jason or Ryder hiding something of Hank's. Maybe you could do a series of one-shots around that sometime?

Nice to see the whole Recko and Shane romance becoming a thing. Also nice to see Eli and Hinna finally getting together. Also before I forget #Numbers for PN3. Also Hector did nothing wrong!
Is the professor the same from kelzads animations?
One Eye Demon chapter 48 . 6/20
I am LOVIN' the backstories! It gave me more reasons to like Aaron and his sad upbringing. I'd love to see other characters tragic past, especially a certain sarcasticly annyoying prisoner of Anti-A.A.H.W :3
One Eye Demon chapter 47 . 5/16
I really liked the chapter. Really put a perspective of Nik's ol' life. get it? perspective. pft.
Sanderson chapter 47 . 5/11
I thought this would never continue.
Good job.
One Eye Demon chapter 46 . 3/3
This story. Is very twisty. Who would guess that? I mean, The grand son of the one being almost as strong as the higher ups? Hank rolled a good dice in life.
Huntertyavatar chapter 46 . 1/26
Welp. That was a thing.

So auds was Hanks grandfather? My Star Wars senses are tingling... kinda.

Anyways, yet another spectacular chapter, you two! Keep it up!
OctaviusCorvi chapter 45 . 12/30/2016
Holy cow!, YET ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!. God, if I did not love this story I'd surely beat your team and you to a bloody pulp. (JK dude).
Anyways, yet another exciting chapter that I enjoyed (as always) reading. It's impressive the work that you and your team have done (and are still doing).
I am a new writer as well (well I am still after six months here kinda new), and your story is kind of what inspired me to start writing fanfics about Madness Combat, so thanks Spirit.
Regards to ya' and yer team,
OctaviusCorvi (formerly octavio675).
PS: Gladys that this site allows to change one's name.
PS 2: Happy new year in case you Reader this Reviewing after the 31th!
The Dark Madness Dragon chapter 45 . 12/8/2016
That guest review was me, I forgot to sign in... Bugger n' blast my crap memory.
Guest chapter 45 . 12/8/2016
I consider this very well done, not that I expected anything less. The connection by blood to the infamous overlord is a definite plot point that can be well exploited. Overall I deeply enjoyed the chapter.
Drake187 chapter 45 . 12/6/2016
What. The. FUCK!? Well that's quite the bombshell, although I can't think of much else that'd explain Hank's significance to the Higher Powers. Poor Nikolai, gotta be rough getting disarmed like that. Having to handle being taken off combat duty must be quite the handful. Now I'm wondering, is Hank gonna get a new partner or not. Though the Auditor thing is going to nag at me for ages. (Like, who's side of the family is the Auditor on? And how does a freaky ass flame dude even get human relatives?) Questions for later, I'm sure. Anyways, worth the wait as always and lookin forward to next time.
Cheorkee rememberer gamer98 chapter 37 . 12/5/2016
Is it weird that I can see Recko and Shane together in a committed relationship? Hopefully you do not get the idea to do one of those just so you can kill one of them off to damage my feels. Madness Combat Infinite Warfare preorder now for the Recko carhorn pack!