Reviews for A Man's Enemies are the Men of His Own House
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Hahaha, Cassie not remembering what cookies are called. Very nice touch! Well done.
mistrali chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I love this! Applegrant sort of left Gump hanging; he didn't even get a decisive ending like the Auxiliaries. And it's just the sort of thing Cassie would do.

I particularly liked how you wrote the line about Gump lying to his father. That extra bit of contempt in Cassie's voice was well done.
Bird of Poetry chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Awww. This is so sweet and I totally see Cassie doing it. It was risky but kind to give Gump comfort like that.
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Interesting.

Can't really say much more right now as my circuits are fried, but it was an interesting read.
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This is such a nice follow-up to 16. I hope that he was okay. That was a difficult thing that Cassie had to do and I like that he was so young here he really didn't *get* it and was thinking about the fight in terms of superheroes.
Lolcano chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Nice story! Yeah, I remember that guy, I always did wonder what happened to him... It's nice to have some closure. It's a fitting continuation.
artyfan chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Very well done. You had a few small grammar issues, but on the whole, it was well edited.

I wanted to know about the characters affected by the war, too. I am sure there were others completely traumatized by the events. I was torn about Aftran, though. Some part of me wanted to know what had happened to her...but another part realized that could never happen. One, it was unrealistic - how would the main 6 ever encounter her again? Two, Aftran's permanent morphing was her escape. She morphed so she would never have anything to do with the rest of the Yeerks again. She was free from the war.
Chiroptera Jones chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Aw. This is really cute and sad, and it's well done. With the exception of a few little bits (e.g. 'as well as myself'), you've written a childish voice well.