Reviews for This Is Why We Fight
S.Thyme chapter 10 . 4/10/2013
I have to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. It's been a while since I've read a good Valen fic and the pacing and banter between Adele and Valen is excellent. I'm looking forward to what the next few chapters hold.
cheerygirl6 chapter 17 . 3/11/2013
Are you still writing this wonderful story? I keep checking and hoping I'll see something, but no luck so far. :(

I hope you update! This story is wonderful, and I'm really enjoying it!
Vivien145 chapter 17 . 2/16/2013
Great story! I thought everyone forgot about NWN. I'm looking forward to more!
EkoCentric chapter 17 . 1/3/2013
Thank you for the update! Somehow I can survive during the holidays without new chapter LOL Though they're still not heading outside to the Cania yet. But this 'snuggling for warmth' chapter is absolutely fine-no-marvelous for me ;)
"Valen, I finally found the other half of my soul in you..." Things she said to him oh mine, seems like our Paladin has quite a way with words more and more, and then he replied in jokes...I so love this two!
ScarletSecrets1234 chapter 17 . 1/3/2013
Yay! Another chapter. Valen and Adele are both still fantastic together. I just love their banter and, of course, those moments when they show they both love eachother. Great chapter - looking forward to more!
anesor chapter 17 . 1/2/2013
New chapter, yay! And some much needed light humor before they step out into the cold. Nice.
EkoCentric chapter 16 . 12/22/2012
I really love their banters so so much!
Really lose my words to review more because my mind is still swamped with the idea of how a lucky woman our good paladin girl is. LOL
This is such a great chapter indeed.
ScarletSecrets1234 chapter 16 . 12/21/2012
Great chapter as always. I really enjoyed it :)
Guest chapter 16 . 12/20/2012
Nice. I wonder how many good paladins end up unrequited with a rule like that, even if wise?
EkoCentric chapter 15 . 12/19/2012
Now I understand it when you said this chapter is so hard to write. But it's worth all the efforts you put in here, because this chapter is so amazing and I love it so much! The complexity of her state of mind at the beginning part is very well written as she was hit by the wave of emotional conflicts. Still, she can stay being polite like a good trained paladin, that's why Torm is at her side and answers her pleas even in the Reaper's 'Gatehouse', hahaha.
I like Valen's reaction after seeing Adele again too, and so proud of him that he can actually draw blood from Mephistopheles!
Pondering between 'Baked ham sandwich and a whole week locked in the Yawning Portal Inn's best room with Valen' is hilarious! Only our good Special Envoy Adele can make a joke like that! ;)
This chapter also gives a hint on Adele's background which causes my curiosity again but I trust you will slip it out somewhere in the next chapters, I'll tame my curiosity just now lol
ScarletSecrets1234 chapter 15 . 12/19/2012
Adele is such a great character. You've really written her well. She's so interesting, and is unpredictable - I love it! And, of course, you already know I love Adele/Valen scenes :). Keep up the great work!
EkoCentric chapter 14 . 12/15/2012
The narrative on battle and after-battle scenes is fantastic. But the meeting with the Valsharess and Mephi' is too soon! Things are just getting better between Adele and Valen after the battle, my poor paladin and tiefling :(
ScarletSecrets1234 chapter 14 . 12/15/2012
Ahh cliffy! This chapter was very intense, and Adele's feelings were very believeable. I was so happy when she and Valen were reunited, only to be horrified (even though I knew it would happen) when she was forced in front of the Valsharess. Very good chapter.
anesor chapter 14 . 12/15/2012
Oh, poor kiddies! You really should have a medal made for 'romantic inrerruptus.' I like the mesmering thing, as that is a fresh part for the parts of the tale I remember well.
EkoCentric chapter 13 . 12/11/2012
I'm contemplating whether I should review after the first reading or perhaps after I finish reading it for the four or five times, because, my dear this chapter is wonderful! It's like a bowl of mixed emotions lol. The way this chapter starts with the tension, desperate, heartening, hilarious and oh so romantic in the end...I could just die for that ;) I love them both so much!