Reviews for Not The First
Merryk chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Not the first time I've read (been comforted by) this story... first time I've noticed how few reviews it has. A stellar work. Thank you.
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Wonderful story.
ResidentBunburyist chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Lovely. You do such a beautiful job of paying close attention to the characters' body language and subtle nuances that they actually feel fleshed out. I also (as mentioned by many other reviewers) like the idea of John doing something with his life post-fall other than sit and wallow in self-pity. As a caretaker by nature, the idea of him going back to Afghanistan is perfect.
One of my favorites after Listening By Ear- will definitely stay tuned for more!
Pyro-Neko-Isis chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
interesting I like it
Hummingbird1759 chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I love post-TRF fics where John picks himself up and carries on. Joining MSF and going back to Afghanistan is exactly the sort of thing he'd do, and Sherlock's reaction here is totally believable as well. Good job!
Beloved the Dawn chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Hum! Interesting. Very interesting. I think you've done a great job capturing the two of them. I can easily see John reacting that way to Sherlock's death and return. Overall great fic, those last two totally lines had me d'awwing.
AnyaMaia chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I like this - something a bit different and a plausible way for John to cope and respond to Sherlocks return and his questioning,

AnyaMaia x
inosine chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
This is exactly how I think John would deal with Sherlock's death. Well written :-)
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I love the little details you put in here. Yet again, I have had to read this three or four times to get all of the nuances. I am sure I don't have them all yet. This is so incredibly good.

There is far too much to quote in here, that could be favorite phrases and sentences and descriptions. You have such a deep knowledge of these characters, and it shows in your writing. You never seem to deviate from how they are portrayed in the show, and stay so true to what I have seen as the intention and direction of the show.

I love how you pick out the layers the actors have put into the characters, and you use them so well in creating the scenes that we don't seen on screen, or the ones that we could see in upcoming episodes. Thank you for your attention to detail and your obvious love for the show and the characters.

Amazing Job, yet again!
Transcendental Starlight chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Your stories never fail to move me. You manage to capture the characters so well, and you give Sherlock emotion without overdoing it, which is impressive. This is a fantastic piece.
AgeofAquitaine chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
So often I find these post-Reichenbach stories where John is incredibly helpless and angsty and unable to do anything but cry-a romantic notion, maybe, but probably not an honest one. I love that your story cuts through all that to give us a courageous John with an instinct for survival, even when he is pain. But of course he would go back to helping people; it's the thing he does best! (...head canon!) You clearly did a lot of research into canon!John's mannerisms and emotions (as well as the MSF) and it shows in your subtle, but layered, dialogue. Sherlock is spot-on as well. :)
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I haven't read very much Sherlock fanfiction in a while and this was just absolutely the most perfect one to start back up on. Your writing flows so weel and you did the characters justice :) Great work.
Ozcinefile chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Very nice vignette & an interesting idea about what John might have been up to in the Hiatus.
mrspencil chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Beautifully observed; and very John:-)

Mrs P:-)
Call me Mad chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Not that, that seemed just like John. As much as I love the fics where John mopes around for a good long while, those always irritate me after a bit. It's just not John. But this was great.
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »