Reviews for Midnight Interlude
ccase13 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I love this story. Dean does so need someone after purgatory.
Sharlot chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
This was wonderful. Sexy and poignant, hot and aching…and finally comforting all at the same time. If anyone could find the parallels between sex and Purgatory, it would definitely be Dean.

Beyond that, this was just magnificently written. One of my favorite passages:

::::: In the end he lasted longer than he would have thought, more than a year of chastity ending on a scream. He exploded into her, shaking apart from the force of his orgasm. Spent and yet supercharged. Heavy breaths and ragged gasps releasing as the energy in the room filtered out and silence resumed.:::::

Aside from it being “hot”, the imagery and phrasing is just so…guh...need I say it? …PURE. Really effective.

I absolutely ADORED this piece. Thanks much sharing it with us!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I liked Sally! I'm glad you didn't try to write her as another Lisa.

It's interesting that you mentioned about Dean's drinking having to cease by necessity while he was in Purgatory. I don't think the show's really dealt with that yet, but I don't think we've seen him drinking much at all this season have we? I'd like to think Purgatory would be the ultimate cure for alcoholism!

Well done for writing outside of your comfort zone! I liked the way you focussed on little details like the time it took for Dean to lace up his boots. All adds to the realism!
HeroicDean chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
No need to worry-I thought it was beautifully done and not at all trashy or inappropriate like some fics are that have Dean enjoying another girl's company. Its something that he needed for himself-he needed to get away from the trauma and the horrors that he had experienced in Purgatory. I loved the girl-she seemed to really "get" him and that's something that he needs even if he doesn't understand that yet. Dean's sensitivity...its one of my favorite things about him. If he truly loves someone like Sam, Lisa, Jo, etc, he lets them see everything, and I love how the show sometimes allows him to be that sweet, sensitive guy sometimes.

The detail in the story was also brilliant! I could picture everything in my mind perfectly, and that's the aim, of course! I so enjoy reading and reviewing your stories and I would love to read this 'Midnight Encounter' that you're teasing. It would be awesome!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I agree that Dean does bring out the best in peolple who often haven't had that side out in a while. As much as he encourages it in others he doesn't recognize it in himself. Dean's perception of himself is very warped. I liked that you picked a "working girl" for this encounter since she could see through the dangerous man that Dean can be to the good man he is at the core of him and knew how to draw that out without alienating him. I think that the comparisons of the Winchesters to soldiers is very apt, they just fight a war that most people don't recognize. Very appropriate for this Veteran's Day weekend. I actually have noticed that Dean is not drinking as heavily since his return from Purgatory and if he does it is usually beer instead of the mostly empty bottle of whiskey from before maybe he detoxed in Purgatory and his renewed sense of mission is replacing the need for alcohol. I'm liking this season a lot and badass Dean has been particularly attractive. Jensen is doing a marvelous job of showing a warrior that is mission focused and can barely act civilized most of the time. I was thinking of what he could have done with the role of Arrow in the show that is preceding Supernatural most nights now. That actor is doing fine but the wonders that Jensen could achieve with that dichotomy, sigh.
masondixon chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
A good job here. Gritty and dark but it ended with a touch of softness and light. Very good original character and a good portrayal of where Dean's mindset is- and should be on the show.
Thank You.
Stone120 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Thank you for this wonderful look into a most wonderful man. He needs to experience this, especially now.
mcatB chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This was beautiful! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I think what I enjoyed most was Sally's intuition; her seeing Dean as a soldier, displaced, still unsure of how to find his way back and looking for a safe haven.
Of course, any fic with naked Dean is good just for that treat alone! LOL!

Thanks so much for continuing to share your talent. I look forward to the next installment.
Kady-SN chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This... was awesome! I loved it! I think you captured Dean perfectly. I want to read the next part.
24 | « Prev Page 1 2