Reviews for 20 Random Facts About Rowan T Glynnis
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/25
You made me cry again.

Thank you.
Majerus chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
I gotta stop reading your stuff. Especially right before bed.
You're damned good at bringing characters to life - and then taking them away.
It really is damned good reading, but depressing as hell.
M
riverwind chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
wonderful little story, thank you for writing it.

River
KeepOnWriting chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Amazing. Rowan is one of my favourites in the DAYD universe. And the ending was absolutely perfect.

Valor Above and Beyond!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Fascinating. Keep writing
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Interesting and well written, as always!
Technomad chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Very nice, and coordinates well with my own version over on LJ.
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
"She was born on the kitchen floor."

Oh geez. It sounds like my friend :

"Her first memory was eating sheep dung for fifty pence."

HAHAHAHA first memory tends to be something gross or stupid.

"it wasn't so much about what you did, but what other people thought of it that decided how big a deal it was."

*nods* too true

"(There needed to be signs posted that informed the bastards there were no new jokes to make about Welsh spelling."

*snerk*

"Her Dad was a Harpies fan and she'd mucked about playing at the game with kids in the area before, but by the time she left the pitch, the only thing she could imagine ever making her happy was being just like that."

Awww. That's the best, when the passion hits you as a kid.

"It wasn't fair that none of them thought Quidditch was as important as she did, or that she'd apparently been the only one to think things would be more interesting if the baby doll was eaten by dragon pirates who farted Dementors."

Some kids have no imaginations ;)

"Her father found her "tomboy streak" amusing at first. Her mother worried about it."

*rolls eyes* As if being a tomboy automatically means homosexual. Or that it's a phase.

"She had a great knack for mechanical engineering without even really trying."

I LOVE IT!

"She once fixed the brakes on Morag's broom mid-game with the wire stay and laces out of her bracers without Hooch even noticing anything had gone wrong."

That's bloody awesome

"She had difficulties in school with abstract or interpretive concepts."

A LOT of people do.

"She was a tomboy who hated to be dirty."

awwwww

"It never occurred to her to protest dresses."

Huh. That humours me.

"Long hair was unacceptable. Jones had short hair, and so did most of the Quidditch pros. Long hair got in the way, it needed fussing with, it came down at the worst possible times."

EXACTLY.
At least that was understandable, as she was so into Quidditch.

I like how Jones is a constant influence on her, woven through her life.

And I'm glad Vicky was there to help

"So he wasn't very good at parrot. She wasn't very good at person. And he could play dead and hang from her hand when she made green sparks, which was funny."

That made me smile.

"She loved hip-hop and R&B."

That entire bit was very interesting. It fits Rowan.

"Her backup plan was to be the first female dragon wrangler."

1. It's great that she understood the dangers of Quidditch and knew it wouldn't last forever.
2. I love that her passion was her only real plan and, come hell or high water, she would do whatever she could to make it.
3. Dragon wranger is PERFECT *cackles*

"When she could pass as "boy," no one tried to correct her or rolled their eyes or sighed or looked disgusted."

It's really sad when people do that with "girls." I'll wear baggy pants if I bloody well want to.

"It wasn't until Vicky that she learned about dyke not just being a cruel name older tomboys were called."

Again, it's so great Vicky was there.

"She sometimes cut. "

*winces*

"Her favorite thing in the world after a hard game or workout was a big bag of salty, greasy chips dipped in Nutella.
Fritz was horrified."

ROFL
It really does sound gross. Grease and Nutella don't mix IMO

"She never let herself get drunk"

I. Love. This.

"it was beyond wrong to fake being pissed to make it with a bride at her wedding reception. Especially if you had a girlfriend."

*winces* Yeah...

"She saved Zach Smith's life."

That entire bit was great. Of course Snape & the Carrows would suspect something.
Of course Colin would be too hardheaded to bring him back under the Fidelius.
The rest made me smile, despite her beating.

"She died on her sixteenth birthday. "

Oh... :(

"she knew Ginny's weakness was defense."

She's so hot-headed, it would be.

"So she took the post and took the hits and took in the shock in the eyes behind the silver mask that had no idea how to deal with a girl who had never played by the rules."

Ah, Rowan...

"As of 2 May, 2000, the first day Ginny Weasley played for the Holyhead Harpies, their home stadium has been officially named Glynnis Pitch."

Arnel 63 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
What a great tribute to this character. The story behind each fact brings so much understanding to Rowan's personality that I feel I truly know her. Thanks for this very insightful list.