Reviews for Heart of a Lion
pleurocoelus chapter 1 . 1/4
Fascinating.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
You should consider doing a couple of skip aheads with this. Maybe the night voldemort first died and harry's sorting?
Larenars chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing.
TheInsaneRodent chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Interesting idea. Would read if you continued it.
E. Edwin chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Wow, this surprised me too. I like how you've expanded on the idea of the sorting hat placing a great deal of weight on what the student wants. Snape is definitely a great Sytherin, but if he was to be in Gryffindor this is how it'd happen.
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I got distracted and saw this and had to read it. I love these kinds of stories and I really hope you work on it some more :) It has a very strong beginning, and your Sorting Hat poem is probably the best I've ever read fanfiction wise. The banter between all the students and McGonagall's reaction is very real to me.

Great job. :)
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
A very suggestive alternate-universe story, and I look forward to the possible intermittent addenda. The dialogue with the Sorting Hat, and the byplay with the other students, really makes this one.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
*Blargh* There's only one reason to put Snape in Gryffindor, and that's so he can be tormented and killed by Slytherins (or anyone in a pinch) as part of the growing inter-house, DE-inspired rivalry.
Kiss-Kiss-Kiss-Goodbye chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
You're right, it can easily stand on its own. However, it is fantastic and I have always wondered hwo things would have been different for Snape if he had only been in a different house. Away from the Deatheaters-to-be, his positive attributes could have florished and made him a very different man. This is a fantastic idea with a lot of potential, I hope that you run with it once Harry and Luna vs the High Inquistor is finally finished.
Angela M chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Good start to you story. I like that Remus is a potential new friend. Perhaps this friendship might mellow him slightly in the future. I wonder how this will effect the future? I can see this as a one shot, but I think I would like to see it continued. Interesting that you wrote a Snape story considering that you hate the whiny douche nozzle as you would say.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
It's not overwhelming me yet, but it's definitely an interesting idea to look at and investigate - maybe even in depth.
At the moment i'd see the typical Canon scenario falling into two seperate trios.. Lily, Peter and Severus as the one half of the year group and the Marauders as the other. Which might keep both boys from falling in with "the wrong kind" and developing habits like calling their most beloved close friends Mudblood or searching help and survival from megalomanical bloodthirsty terrorist supremacists _

of course having the advantage of seeing into suporting character's heads is always great for granting them depth and character development but it's still a challenge to make it interesting, different and realistic enough to leave an impression. This story has managed this and maybe even more.
Wrexscar chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Interesting, this could lead to very strange places.

No mention of Pettigrew, we assume he got into Gryff as usual.

I can't really see a Gryff Snape calling Lily, Mudblood.
He never really thought that, it was just in Slytherin he would have been around people who used that word all the time. Without that influence, he wont alienate Lily and a diffrent future unfolds.
earfluffy chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
'Tis good.

-earfluffy
notwritten chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Interesting. Keep smiling. :-)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Oh, yes, Snape gets to share a room with James and Sirius. Won't that go well-Remus and Peter won't stand up for anyone but themselves, if that much. Lily won't see half of what they do, and we've already seen that she likes to blame Sev for things (branch breaking incident).

And we all know how well McGonagall supervises her students (not).

Nice beginning, though. Hope it works out.