Reviews for The Edge of Madness
roxyfire57 chapter 1 . 4/27/2015
WOah, That was deep.

Amazing. I fell with him.
Dino-Rogue chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
This is nice! Love shown through sacrifice and Saiyan history/cultural facts courtesy of Vegeta (who, it seems, is coming to understand things even better now) all in one fic? Awesome and lovely indeed! And the even greater thing is Vegeta's discoveries made clear here about himself, his thoughts, feelings, why he thinks and acts the way he thinks and acts; all that. "he chose to die. He said goodbye to his friends (but not to me"... and did he just refer to Gooku as "very reason for his existence"? Aww... "There are far worse ways to die than a shot through the heart. Trust me ... I've experienced it. There is no pain. The body is too paralyzed with shock." Uhg, that chilled me; I cannot imagine what Vegeta could have possibly gone through at the hands of that evil, planet-steeling tyrant. But at least, now, he realizes that another's existence is not merely 'nothing'. Well, no longer, in Vegeta's eyes. And what I love most about this is that ending; his wish to never be over that "madness" ever again. Wow! Awww, that is why I looove this guy!

A fantastic piece! You never fail to give my Vegeta, one of my favorite DBZ characters fix!
xrunningimagination chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Writings like these make my work feel like crap. Then they become so ashamed and then die in the recycle bin.
Imperial Dragon chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
A very revealing story of Vegeta.
Ezra89 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
I do really like this one, very in character lol. I was just watching the cell games today and well one thing bugs me. In your fic, Vegeta mentions two people who mattered. I'm curious, since you didn't mention the other, was it Cell because he could never prove himself to that monster? Or was it Trunks after Goku and Cell blew up in space and then Cell came back. That death did really piss him off lol, more than he wanted to admit I'm sure but he still flew into a hopeless rage.
illegiblewriter chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I absolutely love this fic, it's so poignant and gracefully written. It's a great perspective, and somehow manages to avoid OOC, despite sensitive material. Really, one of my favorite fics. I'm pretty sure I read it before, and I don't know why I never left a review. Anyway, this is incredible writing.

~illegiblewriter
Moonprincess202 chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
I rather liked this. It was the last line that really got me though.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
" And, gods willing, I will never be sane again."

Awesome ending line.
Yondaime-dono chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Well-written and tastefully-done, though I do see a discrepancy...

"a few races are known to be able to interbreed with Saiyajin, but I didn't expect humans to be one of them"

Gohan. Vegeta knew all about Goku and Chichi and their halfbreed boy, so that makes no sense. You had a mental lapse. It happens. No biggie.

It's always interesting to read things like this because they do offer a different perspective than we often get in the series. You've done a great job; my only qualm would be that I question whether some of the things you've said...whether Vegeta would even have admitted them to himself at this point. It's up for debate, but I'm skeptical about the last line specifically. Considering Vegeta talks in the series about becoming soft and NOT wanting to be that way, I just can't see him wanting to stay that attached in any way...
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Very nice; I like the fact that he's not all 'lovey-dovey' over Bulma.
A.R. Carpenter chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Sometimes I really do love little introspections like this. It was sweet, but still well in character for Vegeta.
Dark Hope Assassin chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
... -can't find words-

... -still can't find words-

-clears throat- OH MY FREAKING GOD! Thank goodness I found your profile! I can't BELIEVE you actually paid attention to those moments as much as I did! My hands were itching to find a fic like this, oneshot or not, that mentioned of Vegeta's, not hate, but indifference to his family. Although I don't really agree with the fact he was on a rampage because of Trunks' death, but that's alright. THE FIC STILL KICKS ASS SO HARD!

Thank you for writing down that beautiful idea so skillfully, so well, so magnificent! I couldn't get enough of it, it was superb!

You are truly a unique author, that you are!

Yours sincerely and now a dedicated fan,

Dark Hope Assassin
tssanari-darkmoon chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
GREAT WORK
lynnxlady chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
Oh excellent. Especially the last line.
Smartbomb chapter 1 . 4/18/2003