Reviews for Our Darker Purpose
RenesmeVivio chapter 6 . 1/18
First I was confused then I felt lost, I honestly didn't understand what happened. At the end I felt sad, dark, angry & lost again... Uhhhhhh it's so dark, I feel so so so dark and sad. Poor Dami he lost every single love thing.
Syran chapter 6 . 12/29/2016
Damn, him draping Dick over him at the end has to be the saddest thing I have ever read. The fact that it was Dami that was unknowingly poisoning his love ones was also heartbreaking. However my favorite scene has to be the speech Dami gives Ben when he burns Stephanie. I loved how he encompasses everyone, took on their mannerisms in an attempt to steer his brother right and chastise him. Real kids tend to do that. They mimic their mom or dad when they're reprimanding a younger siblings. It hit all the right spots... AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE DAMIAN! But this was a really good story!
Good Job

-Syran Night
Mickey's Girl chapter 6 . 10/1/2016
A beautifully written, deep and fantastic story. I love it, I wish there was something to tie the loose ends but that doesn't make the story any less perfect.
justherefornow chapter 6 . 8/20/2016
god this was a good story. i mean just so well written and intense and real, i loved every second of it. i know this is an older post but i wanted to say how much this moved me bc frick man
Sophia Anya Lee chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
The hills are alive with the sound of my weeping. What possessed you to write this.

That's a backhanded compliment; in all seriousness, this is one of the finest fics I've ever read. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love how you get into Damian's head.

Your writing/pacing is so wonderful. And your careful attention to detail merits mention: It will be good for you, habibi (Arabic endearment, woot!), In that quiet place inside his head where Damian kept all the things he dare not say out loud (canon!Damian totally has a space like this in his head).

I adore that you've peppered the story with brief glimpses of the past (Steph making him waffles warmed my heart, if only momentarily/plus you can see how far Damian's come since those days; it's provides perspective and depth to his character). And your characterizations are spot on, even though the characters never speak a word; Steph's simultaneous love and vexation at Damian for braiding her hair; Tim doing what he needed to and saving Damian's life, despite everything, Jason Todd's guilt, Dick bleeding sorrow for his baby brother.

I'll admit I found Batman's reaction odd, because as much of an asshole as he is, I still believe he loves those kids to death, but I'm willing to ignore it for the sake of the plot.

Oh, the ending, the perfect ending. "Brother, I have sinned." Damian hugging a motionless Dick. You slay me with words, you do.

And now if you'll excuse me, I must go locate some tissues before I destroy my laptop's circuitry with these tears.

(I apologize for the length; this fic is such a masterpiece and I could think of no way to thank you for writing it other than leaving a review, incoherent though it is. Once again, kudos.)
LuVySoNy chapter 6 . 11/25/2012
wait. is it over? WHAT? NOO! you cant end it here! what's next. so dami stops giving them the pills that he thinks is keeping them alive. i wanna know what its like for the robins when they finally "wake up"! what do they do? an ra's vs talia! how's dami going to help ra's? an who's side will benjamin be on? and and WHAT THE HECK IS BATMAN DOING? ? ? WHY HASNT HE HELPED YET ? ? ? AWMFVRNVK:REN :KE jARRRRUUGGHGGHGHGGGG ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! YOU _ CANT _ DO _ THIS _ TO _ ME _ ! _ NO this story is amazing! you cant just STOP. this...just...*cries forever* please continue this! please! this isn't a real ending! *yes, im shamelessly begging* but this is seriously one of the best fanfics ive ever read!
LuVySoNy chapter 4 . 11/25/2012
ahh timmy! he's. what. they're. ...those pills_but...dami's trying so hard! ahaaraghdfkb v;dkjvb;kabv;dk;bs ;dsk
this is just...too much for me *quietly sobbing in the corner over the awesomeness of your mind*
LuVySoNy chapter 3 . 11/25/2012
i love how the robins know whats going on, and that u have a part at the end of each chapter to let us readers get inside their zombified minds...
god i hope theyre all okay in the end!
isnt bruce trying to save everyone, but dami's so caught up in everything he doesnt realize it? right? i mean i know bruce can be a jackass, but his babies are in trouble! why isn't he saving them? :'-(
LuVySoNy chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
YOU _ KILLED _ COLIN _ ? _ ! ! ! *cries foreveer* ... i need a minute here...
LuVySoNy chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
wait. is jason and timmy supposed to be dami's "toys"? im a little confused here, but interested. :-)
ricestalk-2004 chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
This is an epic story! I feel so bad for Damian and so sorry for the rest. Instant fav!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
Please continue! The scene with Damian and Dick nearly broke my heart!
Amira Wayne chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
I love the whole dynamic of the story! And I can't wait for you to update!
Dextra2 chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
Cool
Guest chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
OMG, I legitimately think you broke my heart when Damian had to "arrange" Dick into a hug so he could feel somewhat comforted. You have to continue this story, I need to know what happens once they don't take the pills and go back to being themselves!