Reviews for Reminder
TDG chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Really wonderful here. Thick with Lauren's grief, her numbness; it paid tribute to a character we didn't get to know and care for in Nadia, and gave depth to a character the show writers seem to be hellbent on keeping hidden from us in Lauren.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Amazing well written. Lauren is not my favorite character, but the way you portray her here is breathtaking.
Kravn chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Wow! Very raw and heart felt. You conveyed Lauren's shock, anguish and pain so well and so realistically.
I agree with you that the Lost Girl writers should have provided some insight into what happened after Nadia died and what Lauren went through, in order to give both characters closure. Thank you for providing a glimpse of what could've happened; for giving Nadia the goodbye that she deserved; and for showing how crucial and painful this was to Lauren and what she had to go through.
Job very well done!
TeamDarkFae chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Sad! Oh so sad, but oh so good as well; nice job! Hope you'll do more Lost Girl stories in the future. :)
guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Incredible, thank you for posting it.
Did you mean this in the part where Lauren is contemplating what to tell Nadia's parents?
and then subsequently killed by a succubus I slept with
rabastan04 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
ouch. you probably know that I wrote a similar story to this one, but now I'm actually envious of your version. you captured more of Lauren's feelings and thoughts, I think. very well done. thanks for sharing. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I like your story. I always felt the Nadia/Lauren story was poorly handled on the show. Of course, TV only has so much time to tell a story whereas a story can be presented more completely in print. RIP Nadia. Lauren: mourn for her and move on...
TheMoodyDoc chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I have to say I enjoy all of your stories. They're fantastic windows into the LG universe. And your writing style itself is great, too.
This story especially is full of quiet emotional intensity, a fine contrast to the violent event preceding it. Lauren's grief and at the same time her emotional detachment are palpable.
For some reason this sentence resonated the most with me: "She wasn't dealing at all." I think Lauren is in a situation, now and generally in her life, where she can't afford to deal, as she would break down, if she did.
Thank you very much for another fantastic piece!