Reviews for Infinite Rebellion: Breaking Free
everymih chapter 17 . 5/19
great story! I hope you find time do update
mikesol chapter 17 . 3/2
I'm thoroughly enjoying this story. Your AU is definitely one of the best I've read. Everything feels so polished and clean. The character interactions are all very well done (especially those between Luke and Mara). Heck, even the plot is original and fun.

Normally I'm not one to pick up incomplete stories but I'm glad I gave this one a chance. Great job! Hopefully you'll find some time in the future to continue _
NedeserThul chapter 17 . 2/12
Great story. Love what you did with it. Please don't forget it. :-)
Darksnider05 chapter 14 . 1/14
Will the Hammer take the place of Home one I have to wonder?
Darksnider05 chapter 13 . 1/14
Wonder if Mara and Luke could take out a Star Destroyer as a Duo would be an interesting something to their Legend and them making a name for themselves.
Darksnider05 chapter 12 . 1/14
Really interested in how Jade and Lukes Style will develop as a team. Kinda interesting thinking about them like a Sniper team a Spotter and a shooter and all that entails.
Theralion chapter 17 . 12/25/2015
Having seen The Force Awakens yesterday, I decided to check this story out. The concept is somewhat interesting, although it doesn't stray all that far from the EU canon as far as alterations go (Luke and Mara still meet and fall in love, although they do so earlier). Still,

I can't comment much on how faithfully you portray the Star Wars EU, as while I've seen the movies many times, I haven't read many of the other books and works. Most of my exposure to Mara Jade comes from the Mysteries of the Sith expansion pack for Jedi Knight, in which Luke doesn't appear at all, so you don't see their relationship (although you do seem to play up the bickering and how everyone can see the sparks between them).

The space combat scenes are decently done, and it's nice to see Vader's TIE Advanced fight again.

As usual, dialogue is not especially your strong suit. It's slightly hard to put my finger on the exact problem, but I've noticed that characters tend to say what they're feeling in an overly straightforward manner without the nuances of expressing one's feeling, and the conversations occasionally feel disjointed, with awkward transitions from one statement to the next. On a more minor note, I always liked it more when we tell what Chewie's saying from Han's responses, (e.g. "Yes I do! Every time!" from the Force Awakens).

The debate in Chapter 9 about whether what Luke did with Mara in the previous chapter was completely consensual is touching on a subject that's fairly difficult and not entirely necessary to the story. It's a bit reminiscent of the sex scene in Hanako's route in Katawa Shoujo, which is controversial in its own way.

It's a nice touch to bring up the human cost of destroying the Death Star, even if I'm of the opinion that the rank-and-file members had some idea of what they were involved in, and were unfortunate but necessary casualties in order to stop the destruction of an entire planet. Of course, it sounds a little odd that Han is the one who (admittedly, on Mara's behalf) brings up the rebuttal that some might have defected. Perhaps he doesn't have the personal attachment to Alderaan that Leia did, but he's much less idealistic on that regard.

There are quite a few punctuation errors, including ones that change the meaning of a sentence, and sometimes makes it confusing to read, such as commas where sentences should end. For example, "More powerful than the Empire or the Hutts, I think not, Gribbet!" should be "More powerful than the Empire or the Hutts? I think not. Gribbet!". There are also some spelling mistakes, such as frequently using "then" instead of "than," and often misspelling the name of the Devastator.

I personally find it hard to imagine Darth Vader smiling "internally" or having that much range of expression, such as scowling under his mask, even if he was fairly emotional as Anakin Skywalker.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes next, although the admission that "nothing is really planned out" is somewhat concerning. Generally, knowing how your story will end is a necessary step to successfully getting to the end of the story, and knowing the course that the story will take helps you write what happens next while ensuring that it remains consistent and coherent. Furthermore, I also find that focusing on a smaller number of projects makes it easier to update all of them on a regular basis, without any of them falling by the wayside.
JellyfishSisters chapter 17 . 11/8/2015
This is officially one of my favourite Star Wars fanfics... Please can you continue? I waannnaaa know what happens! PLEWAAASEE?

PLEASE?
PLEASE?
Cos it is awesome :)
-Leo
Aleta Wolff chapter 17 . 3/27/2015
Sua fic é muito boa! Adorei você ter incluído Starkiller nela! Pra mim ele é o jedi mais poderoso da saga! Por favor, continue!
IaMcHrIsSi chapter 17 . 3/26/2015
Oh, I absolutely love this story! Update soon!
SeanHicks4 chapter 17 . 3/14/2015
Interesting AU, not sure I like the inclusion of some of the game EU characters, but the earlier bonding of the Skywalker/Solo clan seems to make up for it.
Sage1988 chapter 17 . 3/14/2015
This is a really interesting story that I couldn't stop reading. I really like how you have portrayed Mara, she's one of my favourite characters
Mike3207 chapter 17 . 3/13/2015
It's always nice to see an update in what I consider one of the top 5 Star Wars stories on the site(just don't ask me what the other 4 are!).

I have to wonder if Vader thinks acknowledging Luke will let Anakin regain control again. Also, the Luke-Mara pairing might well let him think of a similar pairing in Anakin-Padme.

Luke is good to be cautious. That mission might just be a setup for the Empire to take out the Jedi in the squadron.
KrautYank chapter 17 . 3/12/2015
Sorry I didnt review before but I'm glad story back .
trance dance chapter 17 . 3/11/2015
I have to say that this is one of my favourites stories on this side. I was getting worried that you stopped writting this, so this uptade was a pleasent suprise. I love your way of portraing characters and developing plot. The fact that you, try to make this story your own, and unlike like some of the autors on this webside, try to make unique plot is also a bonus point. For example, capturing the Hammer was one of such moments that made me thinking, how great it would have been if this story, was actually a cannon. I just hope that the next update will be soon ( this month... ).