Reviews for A True Friend
Anamary Armygram chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
This is so sweet. And you're good at evoking voice - Gilligan's voice, in this case - with a few well-chosen lines.
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Okay, I am a hard-core MAG shipper and I read this story ;) (mostly because it has MaryAnn and Gilligan as the main characters, LOL)

MAP and MAG shippers don't always get along, but I appreciate your A/N noting that Gilligan is much more than a bumbling idiot used for comic relief. He is great for comic relief, I won't argue that - but his character really is a lot more than that.

That being said, nice little story :) Gilligan would totally follow her into the jungle and make her feel better. You hit the nail on the head . . . when it came right down to it, MaryAnn and Gilligan were friends.
Teobi chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
'This is dedicated to all the MAGs out there who will probably never read this.' - Please tell me that wasn't the bait to get a MAG to review! You know I love coming to the board to see what's new, and if it's Gilligan oriented I'll read it. It doesn't even have to be shippy.

Anyway, this is from the heart, all ships aside. THANK YOU for acknowledging that Gilligan is an integral part of Gilligan's Island. To me, whether a story contains MAP/MAG or any other ship, a Gilligan's Island story without Gilligan is like apple pie without the apples. :)

Gilligan has such an affinity with animals, it seems only natural that he'd try to find ones that represented each member of his family and talk to them to try and get over his homesickness. Gilligan's feelings actually seem to run deeper than all of the other castaways put together. He can't mask his emotions- if he's happy he's happy, if he's sad he's sad. I like that sort of honesty in a person. I prefer them to people who put on a mask so that you can't tell what they're up to while your back is turned.

Thank you for writing a friendship story that acknowledges the closeness between Gilligan and Mary Ann. This is a story for everyone, not just MAGs.

Now, I don't want to be suspish and think there's a contest between MAps to get a MAG to review, so the question is, will a MAP extend the courtesy and review *my* new story? Here's hoping! ;D

Over and out,