Reviews for Wiegenlied
Sam 'Dimples' Swarek chapter 2 . 9/24/2019
You so need to carry this into a full story. U have a natural talent at writing.
Jesstew chapter 2 . 8/23/2019
I loved it! I wish it had more chapters :(
agatona chapter 1 . 8/3/2019
Interesting & compelling read. Excellent! I was on the edge of my seat. And I'm not so fond of the vampire aspect except for the original but I'd like to continue reading.
Thank you.
MeteorOnAMoonlessNight chapter 2 . 8/1/2019
Damn, that was so freaking hot.
Zveka chapter 1 . 11/17/2018
wow!
readicted chapter 2 . 10/7/2018
Bevey mentioned that she'd just finished and enjoyed this fic. I know I read and ward's in the past, but couldn't recall the details. Thought I'd have a quick look-see to refresh my memory, and couldn't tear myself away until I had consumed every last dark, delectable word. I'm sure this won't be my last time revisiting this gem. Thanks for sharing it.
Bevey99 chapter 2 . 9/23/2018
Wow Damn good follow-up. Thanks for writing
Bevey99 chapter 1 . 9/23/2018
O M G - I hope you won. THIS was amazing.
BellwardEverlark chapter 2 . 2/2/2017
this was so incredible! I'm truly in love with all of your books. it'd be awesome if this was a full story but I'm content with this. I'll probably read it a bunch more times (as well as your other stories). you are an amazing writer.
Renee Aubin chapter 2 . 12/25/2016
A nice change that your Edward isn’t “riddled with guilt” (although he thinks he might be in a decade or a century).

Vividly Possessiveward:
‘I want to … hoard your scent in a bottle and never wear it, for fear someone else might catch a whiff of what is mine.’

Good point:
‘From the moment you walked into that damned classroom … your fate was sealed...but so was mine.’

Without the extended time they spent together in canon:
‘There's no reason you should mean anything to me, no reason you should be more than the exquisite savour of your blood. But you are.’

This makes perfect sense to me, doing all he can to cool the fires of the change:
‘I'll hold you, my beautiful Bella, outside and in.’
And a second strategy:
‘I can't erase the pain, but I can do my best to distract.’
This idea of making love throughout her change has stuck with me since I first read this story.

Well said:
‘Finding you is sweet relief from a pain I didn't know I was living with.’

Snicker, he’s so pleased with himself:
‘…crying out with shocked relief when I come inside you, frigid liquid affording you momentary respite from the flames. And yes, I do manage to coax pleasure from you—true physical pleasure.
Fuck yes, I do.’

Oh, I never thought of this bonus:
‘I'm in your mouth. I doubt you know what you're doing—all you want is the cold. …
And that's where I am—where we are—when your body realizes both that it doesn't have a gag reflex and doesn't need to breathe anymore.’

What a way to wake up:
‘My breath catches in an unexpected gasp as you move over me, inside me, and yes, I remember you. … Oh, that's familiar, and so, so good.’

Excellent:
‘…it feels as if maybe this is what we're meant for. You and me, locked together like this. Your body within me, surrounding me. Forever, just like this. We're not cogs in a wheel. Together, we are the wheel.’

And apparently if it weren’t for the thirst, they’d never do anything else!
‘Is this what life is? You, me...this?’

A striking brushstroke for the thirst:
‘My jaw clenches so hard, I'm afraid my teeth will crack.’

I really like how you’ve written her slow grasping of who she is and was:
‘Is this what I have always been? A creature of desires, instincts?’

Smile:
‘My tongue is little and you have an awful lot of skin.
I don't mind.’

Very tempting:
‘"Feel better?" You hold my eyes. I revel in the way I keep your whole attention—the way you have mine. Nothing else exists.’

Well imagined:
‘I'm beginning to panic, and I need you. Why don't I know your name? "It's okay," you tell me as I cling to your skin. "It's normal to be confused at first. You don't have to be afraid."’

I practically laughed out loud at her indifference to the other Cullens:
‘There are others in the house with us, and eventually I meet them. They're maybe familiar; I don't really know. Neither do I care. All I want is you.’

Startling, that circling back to the beginning of the story with the broken pot and the trowel. Clever girl!

A terrific portrayal of vampires. Thank you.
Renee Aubin chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
Hello, Cris. I read this story long ago – four years ago now! – and put it on my “to be reviewed” list because it was so good. I was knocked out by your other stories, especially ACAP, and I wanted you to know how much I loved this little gem too.

I really appreciated Bella’s commitment – ‘She'd agreed to do this’, such a tough choice for someone her age, but she sticks with it. Interesting that she admires Charlie for the way he shoulders responsibility, but what a thin connection for a teenage girl.

I have to smile because a baby Douglas fir won’t be any happier on her nightstand than a cactus, but I appreciate her wish for “a friend” that connects her to the outside world she lives in now.

A good image: ‘Darkness fell early in Forks, early and complete, without the comforting orange sodium glare of streetlights she was so accustomed to.’

What an interesting observation: Edward ‘had a Sphinx-like stare that seemed to look above or through people rather than at them, as if his eyes were sculpted without the ability to truly fix on anything.’
Little does she know he really didn’t see his “peers”.

Bella’s unwilling thoughts about Edward Cullen were so well described. ‘Edward Cullen could go to hell, as far as she was concerned.’ And yet he has invaded her mind and heart. Do actual teenagers have the perspective to think like this? ‘"Stupid fucking teenage hormones," Bella muttered…’ Don’t think I did, but then I imagine “kids” are much more sophisticated “these days”.

Your description of her struggle to figure out what was happening is so good: ‘Bella wasn't sure she understood everything her senses were trying to tell her.’ She had no idea, of course, that such predators existed.

Wow: ‘His head shifted, bringing their eyes into contact once more. Bella stared deep into that terrifying darkness. Except, his eyes weren't full of loathing anymore. A hunger greater than any she'd ever felt or seen stared back at her, that beautiful pale face twisted in an agonizing grimace.’

Very interesting, your sudden shift into first person. It really conveys that the important stuff is happening just between her and Edward.

And her own body’s response: ‘I know this hot pulse, this rhythmic throb that has nothing to do with my heart and everything to do with the smell of your skin and the pressure of your body pinning me tight, tighter, holding me in place, refusing to let me go.’

Another wow: ‘…the glacier that you are, surrounding me, sculpting me, turning solid flesh into pinpricks of sensation, leaving me pitted and furrowed, a moraine made just by you.’

One of my favorite things about this story is the gradual transition in Bella’s thoughts and desires. As her senses – all of them – take in more and more of her experience of Edward, she doesn’t even want to resist. One of her thoughts was ‘You can have my blood, but I want something from you in return.’ A sense of power, too, no doubt something new in her young life: ‘Right now, you are mine. I have something you want very badly, and I'm willing to give it to you.’
And ‘I realize I might be only a few moments from my death, but I'm positive I've never really lived until this second.’

Wonderful: ‘The touch of your hand is beautiful in its ferocity.’

Someone from his family says:
"Just get it over with already! Don't play with your food, man."
But she thinks, ‘No, please, Edward, play with your food.’

Wow: ‘Your eyes snap open and you really look at me, in my eyes. So black, so hungry...and yet there's a question there, too. I already know the answer, and I feel the sides of my mouth curve up in the barest hint of a smile. You'll take it anyway, but I like that I've been given this chance to give.’

Ok clearly I’m out of words, so just wow again:
‘…an agonized whimper falling from your mouth, swallowed into mine. It's maybe the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I made you feel like that. Me. With a flash of insight, I hope that you will remember me when I'm gone.’

Interesting point:
‘I know you haven't made a deliberate choice—your body isn't your own any more than mine obeys me right now. You're beyond choice, which means I am, too.
But I'd choose you anyway.’

Oh my:
‘…a desire so deep, I know I've never experienced anything even remotely close. It's the hunger of loss, and utter loneliness. Not just for blood. For something else, something I'm not sure any language has a name for.’

Terrifically imagined, and astonishingly well described! It’s so easy to see SM’s characters taking this path instead of the sanitized one she gave us.
lamelurker chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
Wow. Thank you for writing and sharing your story!
Guest chapter 2 . 12/4/2015
Great. You describe their euphoric obsession in a way that makes me pity them.
MsLiss chapter 1 . 8/22/2015