Reviews for The Healing Wall
Sunnybrook chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
I started reading this wonderful story on the 11th and finished on the 12th. Powerful writing. It took me a while to find the words to how your story moved me. You really brought Kid's experience to life. Although fictionalize it was real. I appreciated the way you wrote, putting the reader in the mist of the conflict, explaining terms and locations. Words are failing me at the moment...but you did an amazing job of writing, really this needs to see the light of day for all the world to see. you may have already posted public...But I still think this needs more.. Loved it. L.
signefalls chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
This brought tears to my eyes more than once. So moving and reverent too, to the whole experience. All the emotions were so genuine and made me very thankful for the freedom we enjoy everyday- bought for a price. Your research is amazing. You should be very proud of this story. Well done!
flutegirl.anita chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This is a wonderful story. I'm glad Kid got some peace. Great job!
CindyPio chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
What a beautiful tribute to our nation's Veterans, especially those from Viet Nam who were neglected in the worst possible ways. Excellent story!
brankel1 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Love it is to all the men who kept us free.
earthdragon chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
A very sensitive story and timed nicely for Armistice Day.

At first I thought that Jimmy was being a bit crass in continually mentioning the Vietnam Memorial Wall when all Kid wanted was not to be reminded of the war, particularly when they tricked him into visiting it. However, it was obviously what he needed to help in the healing process of the trauma he'd suffered. They say you have to be cruel to be kind.
BrilliantDarkness chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This story made me cry the first time I read it and every time after that. There are limitations to writing in first person POV as I do with Livin'. It means some stories do not get told as completely. I am humbled that you chose to put your talent to telling one of those tales. Thank you for this piece that somehow validates what I have tried to do, to one extent or another and with varying degrees of success, in the larger story. This is about telling the tale. Learning from where we have been to more clearly see not only where we are going but where we need to go and how to get there. Beautiful. Heart felt. Healing. Honest. This story is all any writer could aspire to and you have reached.-J