Reviews for Jean
Morbious20 chapter 20 . 3/26
Awesome story so far keep up the great writing.
kelbelz chapter 20 . 3/25
I take it the elder Malfoy did some investigating on the young witch that so successfully charmed his son?
Looking forward to more of your story

On past chapters, I found the first few chapters a little off putting, they seemed quite choppy. I realise you were describing an important story event through multiple eyes, but I just found it a bit confusing. Luckily I read on because your story outline had me intrigued.
AnotherSeverusFan chapter 20 . 3/21
I just recently found your story. The plot is unique and I like the development so far! Update soon!
old-crow chapter 20 . 3/16
Hi,

This is one of my favorite stories to catch up with. Your Jean character works so well, but is so very different from the thousands of stories that all feel the same. I did find myself questioning several things in the last few chapters that you might help me with.

In the revival scene where Sirius, Riddle and Lucius came back, why didn't they kill off Riddle and Lucius at the same time? Both were very bad guys and I doubt that anyone in the order would mourn Lucius being put down.

Ginny doesn't appear to be in this story. Did I miss an explanation that she was killed in the chamber of secrets in an earlier chapter, thus allowing for the shade of Tom Riddle?

Related to that, if the sixteen year-old Tom had been reanimated, how would he have known about the rest of the DEs, the Mark and the like? Did I miss that too?

If so, I apologize profusely. There are many downsides of trying to read stories late and night with one eye closes.

All the best as you continue with it. I hope that the words for the next handful of chapters come easily to you.

Old-Crow

In the new year's eve ball scene, I'll admit that I was expecting Hermione to be kidnapped. Your outcome worked just as well.
General Mac chapter 20 . 2/11
brilliant thanks, she finally fell in, more pretty please
ladygoddess8 chapter 20 . 2/10
I think the way Lucius revealed Hermione will be against him. Draco is a proper gentlemen who follows the code of conduct expected of his stature but Lucius blatantly overstepped those guidelines. A host should never implement a guest in such a manner. It was a very Gryffindor move on his part. The more proper response would be to ask her for a word or dance and reveal his knowledge then inform his son in private or to hold the knowledge for future benefit. I really think Draco in this story is a proper Slytherin and would find his father's action deplorable. At least that is my opinion. Hermione herself acted cordial and vastly different than Draco was probably taught a muggleborn will act. I can't wait to see where this goes because I think Draco would make a wonderful brother figure to Hermione in the long run.
teachergirl chapter 20 . 2/10
No, I'm not unimpressed with Harry but with everyone who allowed Hermione to go to this party. What was the point of setting her up for failure? There's no way she could maintain the illusion of being pure-blood. So, all of the adults:Sirius, Emmy, Andromeda, all knew that this couldn't work out, so they are to blame for her tears. Harry is the only wise one in the bunch! Besides, are we even supposed to like Hermione? She's not all that likable.
erbkaiser chapter 20 . 2/10
Congrats Hermione Jean, you figured out Harry is a teenaged boy!
That went about as bad as possible... at least no curses were cast. Well, not the kind that you do with a wand.

Wonder what Draco thinks now that his Pure Princess is revealed to not just be lower caste, but had been ignoring him all night...
Kimaya chapter 20 . 2/9
Wow I am so happy to have stumbled across this fanfic! Your writing is beautiful and I easily get sucked away in the chapters. I am heavily biased for the HP/HG pairing but completely understand when characters take a life of their own. I am looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the great work! :)
Noble Korhedron chapter 20 . 2/9
*makes violent gesture in mid-air* DAMN! I COULD STRANGLE MALFOY SR. WITH MY BARE HANDS RIGHT NOW!
pawsrule chapter 20 . 2/9
Wonderful chapter! Poor Hermione. Can't wait to see what everyone's reaction will be to what happened at the Ball. Hope we see what happened at the Longbottom's ball also. I wonder how Hermione will react to Harry now she realizes he might like her and isn't with Luna. Please update when you can, hopefully soon! This is such an awesome and well written story, I love it.
Tellur chapter 20 . 2/9
Ah, finally the ball :D

I wonder how Luciusmort knew. I'm also a bit surprised that Jean managed such a clean escape. Nobody seemed to want to stop her. Maybe some sort of host/guest magic?

Looking forward to the school year!
flaming-amber chapter 20 . 2/9
I absolutely loved the beginning of this chapter. Often fanfic updates read more like episodes in an ongoing series. So every chapter has a cinematic beginning, middle and end. Lately, fanfic writers have begun to make use of different tempos in their writing - drastically changing the reading experience. Of course, a writer would have to be quite good at writing in rich details and textures to show this change of pace but you are quite successful in this.

I appreciate the care you gave to setting up this chapter. I wish I was crawled in my bed right about now so I can feel those first licks of sun in the morning. It's a beautiful scene - deserves to be applauded.

Of course, I'm a bit biased because I'm a cat person and while my Harry is no half-kneazle, he attends to my emotional needs like no one else can. I often talk to him like he understands me. My friends like to tease me by saying that it's perfectly alright to do so - but should be talk back - well, they were but a phone call away.

Still. For those reasons and more, that beginning was just a treat - especially because I am reading this on my way home from a long day at work. It's almost as good as a rich cupcake - and I know coz I had one last Friday.

I'm a little afraid that this review is going to be epic length since all I can say are praises over the "Andy Session" - the vibe was like so many of my favourite movies. Even that part where she surveys the room before making her presence known. This was topped by the ridiculousness of young men at that age.

I had to back track and remind myself that Theyre all just pre-teens here. Thankfully, Harry wasn't half as bad as I thought he could have been.

I was almost sad that Lucius had to go and ruin his sons chance at making a real friend that actually had brain cells. I am silently hoping that Draco gives Hermione a chance despite the fact that he was duped. But I'm guessing thats unlikely.

Now that she's experienced the first sting of rejection, I'm wondering whether Harry will now swoop in to avenge her. I'm half afraid that instead of being smart and using this as an opportunity to make friends again, he'll muck by saying something along the lines of "I told you so." But being that you have been surprising me a lot in this fic, I'm just interested in the direction this'll go.

What a wonderful chapter. Was well worth the wait. All the wonderful details - right down to using bold for that spell that encoded Hermione as "Family". God, I loved this.
J'aimel'anime44163 chapter 20 . 2/8
I hold hope that Draco will not be so bigoted as his father and will at least think about how Hermione made him feel and maybe even he could work on that... Sorry, dont listen to my ramblings, i simply ship dramione XP great chapter and i hope to see more soon
vyoom chapter 20 . 2/8
Its seems you want to develop Draco character more against the uni-color in which he is portrayed in H/Hr pairing. Good luck.