Reviews for Always On My Mind
meixel chapter 17 . 11/27/2012
Such a romantic ending! Hope to see a sequel set a year later. When you think about where it started (a day to go hiking) and then it ends like this. Bravo!
honu59 chapter 17 . 11/27/2012
Wonderful ending. There is so much packed into this chapter! Steve admitting to Kamea how much Danny means to him, Steve accepting Kamea as ohana, Danny buying a ring.

I figured that Kamea would be offered the position with Miss Yuki and it was wise of Danny to encourage her to accept it. If their love is strong, it will endure this separation, and Kamea is too talented to give up this opportunity. I applaud them for making a mature decision.

Perhaps there will be a sequel? Thanks for a great read. Bravo!
honu59 chapter 16 . 11/27/2012
What an exciting scene! Danny fighting for his life and also trying to keep Kamea safe. Again, you portray Kamea as brave and intellegent - she can think on her feet in a crisis and does what she needs to so that she and Danny have the best chance for survival.

Also liked this:

"The Hawaiian was throwing the fabric away, but with a curious reverence for the material that seemed strange under the circumstances."

How true to life for a quilter and others, like Danny, would find this strange!

And Kamea calls Danny "Ipo" - just heart-melting!

More please!
Tanith2011 chapter 17 . 11/26/2012
This was a beautiful chapter. I particularly loved the scene at the airport. Definitely one of those box of tissues moments! I also really liked how Danny offered to step aside from his role but Steve rejected the gesture. Nicely done and true to their characters.

A perfect ending to a wonderful story. I enjoyed reading every chapter and though I'm saddened it has reached the end, I'm sure you will have many more fantastic stories to share here (perhaps there is room for a sequel?)

Mahalo!
Guest chapter 16 . 11/26/2012
great story love it
Tanith2011 chapter 16 . 11/26/2012
Wow, that was a breathtaking climax! Danny's protectiveness over Kamea is something I can easily picture him doing given his character on the series. Glad that help arrived when it did. I just hope that what happened won't come in between Danny and Kamea. Thanks for not killing off Kamea :-)
honu59 chapter 15 . 11/25/2012
Great scene with Steve and Danny locking horns and tempers flaring! I'm glad that Steve admitted that he was just expressing concern. Must have been hard for him to admit, but at least he can be honest with Danny. Sheesh, guys!

Yikes, what a way to spoil a perfectly good date! And where is Duke? Blinded by the fireworks? I'm scared for Danny and Kamea now. Love your update, but I hope that the next is coming soon!
Tanith2011 chapter 15 . 11/25/2012
I just read this thrilling chapter! Danny is so sweet to Kamea and I just loved the way Steve handled Danny's tendency to be hot headed. Great scene there between them in the office...

OMG! I thought for a few seconds Kekipi shot Kamea when the fireworks went off and she went still and Kekipi was holding the gun...I held my breath and literally stopped reading! Now at the end of the chapter I'm left on the edge wondering what's going to happen! Where was Duke? Did he get shot?

Please, you can't leave us like this for too long!
Tanith2011 chapter 14 . 11/24/2012
Another wonderful chapter. Kekipi is one rotten egg and I'm getting worried about his disappearance. I bet he is planning something cruel for Danny and Kamea. Loved the last line where Steve says, "She's ohana". Nice to see his softer side for a brief moment.
honu59 chapter 14 . 11/24/2012
Oh, be still my heart! Danny and Kamea really are serious and this is such a sweet story. You've done a wonderful job here expressing their feelings. I like how you've portrayed Kamea as a strong, intellegent and independent woman! Perfect for Danny, someone he can respect as well as love and someone who will understand all that comes with his chosen profession. And Steve: "She's ohana" That just seals it! Looking forward to more!
honu59 chapter 13 . 11/23/2012
Great update! I just knew that Kamea could identify that scrap. And I enjoyed reading about her attic work space. Kamea is correct about every quilter having his/her own style like any artist. Steve also knows this and appreciates it. Also liked Steve's thoughts about the possibility of Danny and Kamea marrying. Of course he would think about this and how it would change the dynamic of Five-O. But I do think that Steve is warming up to Kamea. She's a special lady indeed. I really love this story!
Tanith2011 chapter 13 . 11/23/2012
Have I mentioned how much I adore Kamea?

Kekipi is one character I've already grown to hate and you're doing a very good job with him as Danny's rival.

The investigation is moving along at a good pace and there are plenty of clues pointing at Keipi's involvement on the hotel room burglaries, assault on Danny and the attempt on his life in the hit-and-run incident. You've given us readers plenty to look forward to in your next installments!

Thank you for the regular updates - they've become my daily fix of fan fiction in this fandom. I only wish I could write as fast as you, just like I once did before real life got too chaotic :-)
Tanith2011 chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
Terrific chapter! Glad to see Danny is safe and receiving the best medical care at Queens. The last scene was very touching, particularly Steve's acceptance of the importance of Kamea in Danny's life. I do hope this tale will end on a "happily ever after" note because I am quite attached to Kamea and very fond of her chemistry with Danny. Of course, this is your story and I'm sure whatever you have planned for the couple will be a must-read!
honu59 chapter 12 . 11/22/2012
Great chapter here! I could see it all - Danny's helicopter rescue and all the activity in the ER and Steve's anxiety. And (be still my heart) Danny and Kamea admitting their love and in front of Steve! This is such a sweet story. I'm glad that Steve knows how important Kamea is to Danny. And he's asked her to call him 'Steve' - she's becoming part of the Five-O extented family. Good job - I'm looking forward to more!
meixel chapter 11 . 11/21/2012
Nice movement on this story. Very suspenseful!