Reviews for The Next Project
Smells Like Old Spirit chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I loved the atmosphere in this. From Logan's curiosity, to the reason of Max's efforts, the whole story was well paced, brilliant and very, very S1-ish (it has Kendra: I love Kendra!). Lovely work!
Jeanetteg chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I love it... ;-) Thank you so much! More stories please
latenightrain chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Wow! So great to read a piece of Birthday Fic! I've been so bad about writing, reviewing and even reading, but it's fantastic to hear from all of you. Thanks, shy for giving us a great b-day gift!
AryYuna chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Awww, sweet as always. I was actually waiting for this year Logan's birthday story, but I couldn't read it till now. Sorry, Logan.

A nice story, a very very nice story, sweet! And it's S1, no less! I miss Max and Logan so much... It's really lovely seeing them togheter like this.

"and the sooner you get on with things..." eheh, I love Kendra XD

Thank you for this sweet moment! :)
Mari83 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This is just so sweet and fun and I love the early S1 innocence of it. Yes, there are bad guys out there hunting Max and Logan is trying to save the world, but for the here and now, everybody is trying to get along and there in Logan's apartment they are just a couple of friends with no bigger problems than matching up two of them.

"A review of the past three decades of Charles Brewer's financial dealings reveals a pattern of questionable conduct."
The whole thing with Logan writing and rewriting and trying to concentrate just is so spot on (and funny), I can just see him sitting there, his ears and brain on what's going on in his kitchen. (And of course we have all been there, in that writing rut)

"Oh, Logan, that's so sweet! Max, isn't that sweet?" Back still to them as he reached for the carafe and poured the first glass of wine, Logan grinned to himself as he imagined the looks they shot each other, and he suddenly realized he'd stumbled onto one of the oldest tricks in the book – one way to melt a hard-sell heart is to melt her girlfriend's..."
And of course Kendra would be much easier to dazzle than OC:D It's just so much fun to have her bubbly, enthusiastic self as if the Post Pulse Seattle didn't have any bigger issues than pretending Max cooked dinner and getting a good glimpse of Logan herself.

"Reaching in and pulling out one of the quilted china chests, he opened it and gazed at the milky, delicate china within. "I don't know if you want to use them – and they may need washing; I haven't used them for a while. But they're nice if you feel like a special occasion..."
He looked up to see Max's gaze on them as she reached over to brush her fingertips across the gleaming bone china. "They're beautiful." She said softly. "Would you like to have dinner on them?"
Love the idea of those memory-ladden things hidden away in Logan's apartment, brought out because he wants to make special Max's attempts. And the quilted china chests, had never heard of those before, but Google has pictures for everything and yeah, look very practical. And Logan probably would be the only person wide and far who doesn't only have his good china, but has just the right storage for it too.

Thanks for this and for keeping up the birthday tradition!
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Hey Shy,

first of all thanks for holding up the Logan-Cale-birthday-fic-tradition. It felt like being back in those good old DA-days. :-) ... sigh

It's a wonderful story that's really easy to imagine and it put a huge, goofy smile on my face. And as always it's beautifully written. Such a perfect season 1 feel with the sweet promise of just a little bit more.

THANKS.
diana teo chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Lovely, giggly piece, put a smile on my face... :)
Thanks for bringing back the memories. Happy Birthday, Logan. You are sorely missed.
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Nice to read a DA story haven't read one or a new one in a while.

Nice B-day

Like his thoughts

And that it was Kendra that was helping Max
Ica44 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
So sweet! I could totally picture the 'wine-fueled giggles' echoing across the apartment. Will we get to see the dinner itself?
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Yay! This is so sweet! I can only hope everything went OK after that :)
Thank you for the Logan's birthday reminder!
Lisa chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Poor guy is never going to get any writing done at this rate...

Lovely fic! It's been a long time since I've read DA. :)