Reviews for Chattel
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 5/12
this isnt in the same league as "Coach", but its not bad if viewed by its own merit s
jon reeve chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
I felt Miss March was playing them from the beginning. It would fit, too, if Slytherin were sorted correctly. And Stori lost out. Are they gonna be old flames or is Harry gonna take her out for being part of the corrupt gov'ment when he gets back?
kase519 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Well Harry's plan sounds like a good one
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Avoided this one at first after reading the reviews, but now that I finally gave in and read it it isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Sure, he lost Astoria. Sure, his chattel "marriage" didn't work out. I'm sure it hurts, but in the end those are both good things for him. He would have grown bored of Astoria's politicking soon enough, and Eveline might be a sweet kid, but Harry's a Boss. She's nowhere near his level.

A bad end would have seen Hermione ditch him. Instead, he has a middling bad year where one serious relationship blows up and an obligation eventually concludes leaving him free to kick ass and travel the world.

I hope you'll revisit this story someday, because I'd love to find out what kind of shenanigans Avenger Harry and College Graduate Hermione get up to. Would Harry have the audacity to travel the world at the Ministry's expense and then throw a coup once he returns?
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Coach Granger was much better than the sequel.
Harry Potter teaching at Hogwarts - why should he, after all the crap he saw from McGonnagal? He could always confiscate the assets of the Death Eaters.
And being manipulated into an arranged marriage, with Astoria basically thrown out of the window? Where the hell all the training went if Harry stopped using his 'sticking to the Man' skills?
Navn Ukjent chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Good story.
Logan chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I'm so glad someone wrote Harry as a highly trained Dark Lord killer who isn't totally messed up in the head.
Well, honestly, he IS messed up, but he's functional. And he wouldn't seem messed up to outsiders. Seeing how he acts upon his return to England would be... Amusing.
Perspicacity chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
This is an excellent bit of writing that deserves more attention that it's received. I particularly enjoyed the Hermione/Harry banter and their relationship. Your Hermione is one of my favorite portrayals of her in fanfiction.
Orange Spiral 62 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Seriously cool story dude.
And no "good" ending either.
I like it very much :)
sachaelle chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
i would love to read about avenger Harry if you ever write it as i love the series.
LWJ2 chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Neatly done. You depicted a harrassed Harry who had little or no appealing choices and a post-Voldemort world which was virtually identical to the one extant before his rise. (Which came as no surprise to me, in-place political entities don't go away without a fight.)

It would be interesting to read about 'Avenger Harry' should you decide to pursue it. One thing - if Harry can get to the March's assets, why didn't he do the same to the Death Eaters he liquidated? (Although this would have eliminated the 'almost broke Harry' aspect of your story.)

Thanks for writing and sharing this, best wishes for the upcoming holiday season and the new year.
noylj chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
"Mum, Dad, you might best think of purebr– purebloods as Amish when it comes to modern life. They've seen autos but have never ridden in one. They have no clue about television or gas ranges."

But Draco knew about helicopters in first year. The knowledge purebreds have is like in TV shows with aliens-it makes not sense. They know what is needed for the author to make a joke and they are ignorant of things in order for the author to make a joke. It NEVER makes any sense.

This is a sad story. Harry is still screwed. Hermy is still screwed. I haven't read Coach Granger, and I probably won't. Hermi the hermit (is she a lesbian? If NOT, why isn't she with Harry?). Harry the Avenger, trying to kill himself. Sad. Really sad.
If Harry can't have a happy marriage, at least he should be shagging Luna and Hermy on a regular basis.
Ryan Chessman aka Crys chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
No, that wasn't a pleasant analogy re: Rors's idea generationing abilities. Still, it was funny.

New and different twist on the chattel idea.

Yes, that was Angsty (!), but a valid direction to go. Most everyone acted in a reasonable fashion for the circumstance.

Thanks for sharing the story.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Not bad, but it all seemed like an interesting preamble. Then just as it looks like it might get good with the promise of "Avenger Harry"... *Pbbfftt* story complete! ? What the hey! ?

Thanks for posting, but you should probably have an AN, up front, that says the story is an evil tease. ;-)
karthik9 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates