Reviews for Pageantry
CindyWindy chapter 7 . 1/2/2014
Alice’s actions in this chapter were such a surprise! She takes a lot of flack for being a meddling pixie, but if you so clearly saw a loved one's happiness right before your eyes, how could you not try to make it a reality? She's very thoughtful to try to help him get acclimated to Bella's scent. She obviously sees a need for this...a meeting in their future...yea!

A tiny detail, but I'm wondering how Alice obtained a truck that Bella regularly rode in. Maybe Charlie was selling it, since I don't think she'd steal it from him. Maybe he bought a new one with all his riches. If it had been Billy's truck, like canon, it might not have smelled quite so delectable to Edward.

I think you really captured the mindset of a vamp with his obsession over her scent and how territorial he was of it. It gave me the giggles thinking of him probably not leaving the truck for a week.

I have oodles of warm fuzzies over his care of Bella, doting even, and buying her special gifts, awww!

Thank you so much for sharing this story! I'm really tickled to find such an engrossing vamp tale. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope it's obvious how much I've enjoyed these characters and the story you've created for them. I'd LOVE to read more! Even if that doesn't happen, I've had a wonderful time reading and pondering what you've posted so far! Thanks again!
CindyWindy chapter 6 . 1/2/2014
I love stories where Bella is a child and Edward has to wait for her to grow up, but unfortunately there are few of them. He was so sweet to think of the greenhouse and donate money for it. Just as darling was her little thank you drawing.

I really admire Edward's desire to try to help Isabella. I wonder if he would admit how special she is to him. He doesn't make recompense to his other victim's families, nor has he given them much of a second thought, as far as the reader knows. But with her he's protective and caring, while thankfully remaining completely platonic in his feelings.

Poor Bella and Charlie. Both robbed of each other by Renee. I loved the memory of him at the mailbox.

"One day she may need us." Perhaps at her 16th birthday party?
CindyWindy chapter 5 . 1/1/2014
I don't recall reading a ff where Edward killed Renee. It seems like it could be a deal-killer for any relationship between ExB, at least I assume that's why most ff authors don't go there. I'm glad you've decided to explore it. In this particular case, your Bella didn't seem overly attached to her mom, and was even relieved that she didn't have to be subjected (too strong a word?) to further manipulations by her mother.

Let's see, Bella's about twelve now. She needs to grow up and catch up with Edward. Whoops, I've got the romance all planned - getting ahead of things. I find it so sweet that he's going to help her financially. I know he's doing it to assuage his guilt, but he's also deriving some comfort from it, which I just love the thought of!
CindyWindy chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
"Like it hadn't been over six years since I'd heard a word from any of them." He's a little bitter, understandably so.

This is so engrossing! Very hard to put down! I have many questions with a few hints of answers to ponder.

I don't get why this isn't heavily reviewed. Perhaps it's the pace of updates (which doesn't bother me a bit - I'm just glad you're writing!). It doesn't make sense because the story itself is exceptionally well done!
CindyWindy chapter 3 . 1/1/2014
You just get tortured Edward so well! I wanted to cry for him. Although he kills humans, you've made him a very sympathetic character. Part of that comes from the fact that he's completely alone; he doesn't even have his family's support when he could really use it. I wonder why they're not staying in touch with him.

I'm really loving this! Even after all the ff AU stories I've enjoyed, this has a fresh feel to it, both for Edward and his family's treatment of him. Thanks for sharing your writing!
CindyWindy chapter 2 . 1/1/2014
"...who follow my sire's teachings like good, little children, all in a row." Oh Edward, you insubordinate, sarcastic fellow. This is no Canonward!

What a brutal and vivid scene. With all their extra strength, I do think a vampire's attack could result in the loss of human body parts. Most authors sanitize it more.

So that was Renee that he killed, and that's why she never returned home. Poor Bella, thought of only as a doll by her mother. I know that's just what Edward saw in her mind, but I don’t think it's an exaggeration.

You, dear author, have an amazing knack for voicing Edward! You've captured perfectly how I would imagine an Edward would be who unapologetically embraced his rebellion from Carlisle's teachings. That was a great philosophical discussion on justice and redemption too.
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
This is a terrific prologue! Really grabbed my attention. I've had the story on my TBR list for too long because it sounded really interesting, so I'm very happy to be starting it. (I'm pretty sure the rec was on ADF from Camilla.)

The title, Relief, is so sad! Definitely not what a child is supposed to feel at the loss of her mother, to Renee's shame (assuming canon characters).

Bella talks about it being decades later, so it sounds like she's either quite a bit older, or (hopefully, maybe) a vamp. She alludes to an eventful 16th birthday, and that she's not living with her real father, all of which add intrigue and pull in the reader. Nicely done!
byhelenahandbasket chapter 7 . 12/13/2013
I've spent the morning reading the chapters you have posted so far and have enjoyed it so much. Your writing style is lovely and the way you are handling this AU is really interesting. Thank you.
HopeStreet chapter 7 . 12/6/2013
I just love this story. I do hope you consider finishing it. I love coming across well-written stories that are also engrossing as this one is.
HopeStreet chapter 6 . 12/6/2013
This story is so good.
HopeStreet chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
I'm glad Alice finally shared something about Bella to Edward. It's really just crumbs but the crumbs are certainly leading him in a certain direction.
HopeStreet chapter 4 . 12/6/2013
I can't fault Edward for being angry about secrets that he are about him that they won't share with him. That doll comment really got his attention, though,
LdyPhantom chapter 7 . 12/6/2013
I have read a lot of Fan fiction over the years and it is always refreshing to have a vampire story that goes outside of the normal lines. I am looking forward to reading more.
HopeStreet chapter 3 . 12/5/2013
The first step is admitting you have a problem... Edward is on the right track, seeking help.
HopeStreet chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
Did Edward drain Renee? And he won't be able to forget the face in the woman's thoughts.