Reviews for The Six Murderesses
Chronic Guardian chapter 9 . 12/3/2013
Never tell me to interpret my own ending. Otherwise stuff like this happens:

With Fakia alive and the power of the story returning, a new ending is crafted. He may not have known her location, or her plight, but he suspected. Author's by trade must anticipate every possibility, after all. He had the lines composed before setting out, leaving them just barely unfinished in case he had need of them. Alas, it is true. In a desperate and overly dramatic show of force, the young author causes Ahiru to pull the biggest disappearing act in history: right into thin air. She is, after all, Princess Tutu. (Never leave your tragedy in the hands of an optimist!)

In all seriousness, I think the three possibilities of Fakia at the end are these:

1. Ahiru is just plain hallucinating.
2. Fakia actually does show up too late.
3. Ahiru is experiencing deathly foresight and sees Fakia's spirit in the final moments before she joins him in the afterlife.

... You don't really leave any hints woven through the other tales as far as I can see. The closest to Ahiru's circumstance is Pique, while the others are almost invariably cases of infidelity.

For a second there I actually suspected the guard to be an amnesiac Fakia who traded his memories of Ahiru for her human life. As said in Pique's tale, the memories of the tale weaving are fading, but may be reawoken given the proper spark. But that one's a stretch even for me.

Also, why is the chapter titled FInale with the first two letters capitalized? Mayhaps I am simply literarily illiterate, but I can't seem to find a hidden meaning in this quirk.

Anyway, the ending was brilliantly painted with gripping imagery and a powerfully set character perspective that allows the reader to second guess themselves. Well done, L, Well done.

Regards,
Chronic Guardian chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
The tale of Rue continues: a deceived love. Fooled first by the Raven, then by her prince. You set this theme up nicely with your line of "After we nearly escaped the tragedy". The fairytale world, although immaculate in inch deep fantasy, is still flawed underneath.

Of course, one must remember that Mytho DID come from a Drosselmeyer story AND it was stated that everyone loved the prince. Finding this twisted society was probably the old spellbinder's last laugh at Rue.

I also think it's interesting how you paint Rue's psyche. I'm torn between whether she's brutally enlightened or just plain crazy. Nice blur.

Again, continuing when possible,
Chronic Guardian chapter 2 . 11/27/2013
Ah, this one thinks he understands, that he does. This is a tale of free will, just as Fakia and Ahiru's part in the original was. With decision comes the chance of error, of something we won't like, but there are times that we must respect the ability of our loved ones to choose, no matter how much it hurts. And the irony that now Ahiru is the "unreasonable" one bound by the blinds of "fantasy" while everyone else sees it from real world terms; Urgh, it stings! The reader knows Ahiru. Not only is killing Fakia the last thing on her mind, she'd probably be incapable of doing it even if she wanted too. Mixing chemicals? Oh, the ignorance...

And finally, to think that it's Fakia's actions that get Ahiru convicted! Drosselmeyer's probably chuckling in his grave. The old man got his tragedy alright, it just wasn't as far reaching as he'd originally hoped for.

So yes, for this chapter our main delicacy was dramatic irony, yes? Whatever lies in store for the next course I can only wonder. But before we move on, there is this one leftover bit that needs attending to:

"The prince defeated the evil raven and returned with his princess returned to the land of fantasy to live happily ever after."
One of these is the true "returned" and the other must disappear. How sad that even the words of this tale must share in the tragedy of indecision.

FFN,
Chronic Guardian chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Almost purely dialogue... well played, Tale-spinner. It prevents the reader from truly gravitating to any one stand point and maintains a sense of enticing mystery. Plus, details aren't truly necessary for telling this part of the story. The table is merely being set for the main courses.

Your character selection is nice and varied from the start, there are no double ups and no strays. Ahiru believes herself Innocent, Rue is bitterly posed as her opposite (ever the graceful shadow, this one), Lillie is... Lillie, Pique a determined realist, Hermia distraught and fragile, and Edel a distant, almost mechanical, but oh so vindictive presence. A menu like this is sure to keep things interesting.

There is but one stray: a missing start quotation mark on the third to last paragraph. Other than that, this beginning is perfectly poised for what I'm fairly certain will be a heartbreaking performance.

Well, enough of this. Only so much can be told by catching a sniff from the kitchen. Onwards, to tears and tribulations.

Back again soon,
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 4/17/2013
Nice finale. No I don't know any of the two or three interpretations. Your story is good.
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 4/17/2013
Awesome
James Birdsong chapter 7 . 4/17/2013
Great
Fahiru chapter 9 . 4/16/2013
Uuuuuhnnnn...

SoSaysL, you know I love you, but I can't even write anything right now. You know exactly how I'm feeling.

-Fahiru
LauParisi chapter 9 . 4/14/2013
Okay here's what I believe may have happened:
1) she was hallucinating and Fakir wasn't really there
2) she died and she saw his spirit
3) Fakir was in a coma and awoke just into to see her last seconds of life
Good job!
author2be3 chapter 9 . 4/13/2013
Wow... that was beautifully written.
My guesses are: a) she died and Fakir witnessed her death, b) She just imagined him there, or c) I don't know...
But still, very well done!
Guest chapter 9 . 4/13/2013
HES ALIVE? After all that, he WAS ALIVE?
Am I interpreting this incorrectly? Or did this suddenly become the most tragic thing EVER?
Oh my gosh I can not believe this aaaaaaahh!
This is so good! :D
Hanonymous chapter 9 . 4/13/2013

Fahiru chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
FAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAK IAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAF AKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKI AFAKIAFAKIAFAKIAFAKIA!

YOU ARE ALIVE AND I AM HAPPY AND LILLIE IS SCARY AND YOU HAVE GONE VEGAN AND LILLIE IS HILARIOUS AND, AND, and...

?

?¿?¿

Humna-wha? It was? What?
Okay, assuming she woke up in a bed, I'm assuming it's the whole "six murderesses" thing that was a dream, not the Fakia being alive part. So. Um.

This still made me super emotional. I snivel over this story something awful.

-Fahiru
BattyCrash chapter 8 . 1/23/2013
NO! He's still dead! *sobs uncontrolably for about half an hour*
Hanonymous chapter 8 . 1/23/2013