Reviews for Survival of the Fittest
ipreferwestside chapter 1 . 3/16/2016
OK I just discovered this and OMG it's adorable and funny and fabulous!
leuska chapter 1 . 2/22/2016
Oooooow, I know this is already some time ago but I just stumbled upon this through castlefanfic tumblr blog fic rec and I just wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed this! Brilliant and sweet and fun but never over the top.
mcobsessed007 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Hilarious!
xfbikerchick chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Cute
cagirl1 chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
This was a very sweet story. The hard nosed detective saving a hamster & Castle showing the wisdom to agree with her about "one day at a time" knowing it is the easiest way to get his way. Little glimpses into Caskett at home & the small day to day things in their lives is what is so great about fan fic.
aperceptionisonlyaperception chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
aww cute!...So funny how beckets shot people, but never did she...:) great job!
CastleLover28 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Hahahahaha! This story was so funny and adorable. Great job, I loved it :)
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Cute!
Tulips77720 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Abso-freaking-lutely awesome. I loved it. So sweet and cute and funny and just lovely. Awesome job. Keep doing it. :)
Sandiane Carter chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I cannot believe I have not reviewed the awesomeness that is this story. gonna fix this RIGHT NOW.

he takes the Chipotle and reaches out to grab the odd ball of hair that must have some sort of significance.

It lifts its head.

He screams,

I don't know how you do it Jessie. I really don't. But I swear you write the MOST HILARIOUS STORIES EVER. ever. ever.

And DON'T SAY THEY'RE DUMB. Funny is not dumb! Dumb yourself.

Beckett glares. "So help me if you crush the burritos that I risked life and limb to get for us."

I just, I just, how hilarious it is even to IMAGINE her saying that. I cannot even.

"Call an ambulance," she says blandly. "And a hamster."

AND LOOOOL I just love how cool and matter-of-fact she is in front of all his drama. Oh man I HEART THEM.

"Oh. You would be sorry if I suddenly collapsed and your last words to me were grounded in sarcasm instead of undying love."

I just. CANNOT. EVEN.

Now that he's expecting it, the thing does look like a hamster, a couple ounces or so of soaked white and tan fur and black eyes, barely slit open, tiny ears and a minute pointed nose. "Okay," he concedes. "It's a little bit cute."

UNGGGG TOMATILLO MY BABYYYYYYYYY. I WANT IT I WANT IT SO HARDDDDDD DO NOT EVEN THREATEN TO KILL IT EVER AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOO

She blinks at him. "Don't look at me like that," she orders, walking towards her bathroom.

"Like what?" he asks innocently as he trails after her.

"Like I'm the kind of person who goes out of her way to rescue a goddamn hamster."

and ungngngn so much ADORATION for the way Beckett is like, this isn't me, this isn't what I do but it's TOO LATE Beckett you've dONE IT ALREADY and we all know she's a soft-hearted Temptation Lane fan anyway so WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY TO HIDE IT Kate.

"Jenny is never going to know about this. Esposito and Ryan are never going to know about this. Nobody. Is. Ever. Going. To. Know. About. This."

Hahaaaaaaaa that's exactly what I was talking about. How adorable is she seriously.

AND THEN THIS THIS THIS

The fur's already getting drier, and he can tell it's going to be cute enough from the way it's fluffing up. There's something about the trusting, reverent way it's watching Beckett that plucks a pang of empathy deep in Castle's chest. She's taken care of him before, gently toweled him off after a long day, and if afterwards, someone tried to take him away from her –

THE HAMSTER WATCHING BECKETT REVERENTLY WHAT EVEN I JUST CAN'TTTTTTTT I swear this story is way too adorable for its own good.

"First off, you have no idea if this thing is a female, so stop referring to it as she. And – and –" she breaks off, throws her hands up in the air. "Just no, Castle!"

Awww Beckett cute that you can't come up with any real reasons.

Also this this this:

"Mft ntff iff nmmf," Beckett says around her mouthful of burrito.

"Oh God, it even sounds delicious, tell me you have mine out here."

HILARIOUS WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD WITH THE FUNNIEZZZZ WHYYYY.

His eyes fix on her hand, now absently tracing patterns along the side of the fuzzy animal. She follows his gaze, jerks her hand away like she's been bitten.

ADORABLEEEEEEEE

It snuffles quietly around the bottom, nosing the water dish before starting to chew surprisingly loudly on a piece of popcorn.

Just, just, the way you describe it. I WANT A TOMATILLO SO BADLYYYYYYY

"Survival of the fittest in the rodent world," she retorts, taking another huge bite of her burrito that seems a little too feral in the context of tiny battered animals.

FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYY

And shit, Castle is so freaking adorable too.

"I was drowning and I didn't even know it and you saved me," he says, the words spilling out of him before he can rein them back in.

Like. seriously. way too cute. What do I even do whatttttt.

"I know," she says. "Me too."

I LOVE THEM I HEART THEM SO HARD I COULD MARRY THIS STORY JESSIE I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING JUST, UNG, UNNGNGNGNGNNGNGNGNGNG.

Their first "one day" will be tomorrow, and the hamster can't live in a shoebox, so she'll need a cage, and they'll have to get her some food that's more suitable than plain popcorn, and he'll need to bring her to the vet to make sure she actually doesn't have rabies or salmonella or some form of hamster pneumonia, and then they'll have to find a corner for her to live, and in the span of twelve hours she'll have wedged her way into their lives in irreparable ways.

YES YES YES AND THEN THEY WILL KEEP HER FOREVER AND THEY WILL ALL BE HAPPY CASTLE AND BECKETT AND TOMATILLO YESSSSSSSSSS YES YESSSSSSSSSSS

(sorry for the way that review, um. got a little out of hand.)
RoninBlackwing chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Loved it. I generally love them with tiny, fluffy creatures/pets so this was awesome as far as I'm concerned.
faeriehallie chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Aw, so cute! What a lovely side of Kate to see :) rescuing pet hamsters from the storm!
MisterBlueButterfly chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Follow up on Tomatillo? Man than is a god awful name but so very Castle to have named her that.
Austcastlefan chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Awww so cute! And funny!
At the start when Beckett was more worried about crushing the food than about Castle. Lol!
And how Beckett didn't want to be seen by the guys at work as the softy that rescues drowning hamsters. But so beautiful that she allows herself so be seen like that with Castle. They are so good for each other.
And then Castle's confession that she saved him too. Ahhh so beautiful.
Gorgeous story :) thank you :)
gracie127 chapter 1 . 11/14/2012