Reviews for Eyes So Bright, He Forgot How to Breathe
Mislav chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
You described Sherlock's feelings toward Irene and Joan perfectly. I can actually see this happening in a show. This was my favorite part:
" "I know about Irene."
The words were still ringing through him, reminding him of how hollow he was. He stared at her - no, not her, because there was no other her. He stared at Watson - Watson, who was lovely when he let himself notice - which was not often - and who cared. She cared about him, despite everything she didn't know about him. He should tell Watson, should explain - she deserved that much.

"I want you to tell me about her."

He opened his mouth, stopped. Closed it. Swallowed.

"She was…"

He closed his eyes.

When he opened them, it was because he felt two arms around him. Watson. She was… hugging him. He shuddered against her.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise, Watson, you've done nothing wrong."

She pulled back, eyes darting over his face. "You're upset - I caused it. So I'm sorry."

He gave her a weak smile. "You're deducing. Rather easy one, but I'll give it to you nonetheless."

She smiled back, just one side of her mouth turned up - pity was what it looked like, but Sherlock was certain that Watson here had never pitied him, for which he was more grateful than he could ever express to her. It made him want to tell her things about his life; his stubborn, disobedient heart trying to pull him along whilst his brain wrestled for control again.

"You don't have to tell me, Sherlock, it's OK."

"She was perfect."

Watson's lips pressed together, rubbing back and forth as she watched him. "Did you love her?"

Sherlock stared. "She was perfect, Watson, did you not hear me?"

"So you loved her."

Sherlock snorted. "I don't have time for love. Love complicates things - haven't you seen what I've seen, since we met? Haven't you been at the crime scenes with me - have you paid any attention at all?"

It was Watson's turn to stare now, one brow arched. "If I learned anything from Ty, it's that love doesn't care about complications - it just sneaks up and takes hold of you when you least expect it."

Sherlock's mouth snapped shut. His teeth ground together as he spoke very carefully. "Not to me it doesn't. Love is a choice - and I have chosen not to indulge in it."

Watson nodded. "Alright then. It's interesting that you believe that - because based on your reactions right now, I'd say you're wrong."

She turned and walked away, hair swinging back and forth. Sherlock waited until she'd gone, then swiped at his eyes.

Damn them all, for making him care - and damn Watson the most, for caring in return."
The last line was sad, but not so much after I watched season one finale. Good story never the less :)
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
wow *blinks* that was intense. well done indeed
Halfred Askold chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Ah... Irene Adler. Yes, thats about right. I Am still waiting for, and probably be the season cliff hanger for, Moriarty.

Rate: A
The dreamer10248 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
i love this please add more! such a gifted person
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
love this please add more your so gifted
DeucesAreWild chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
i hope this wasnt a oneshot, if it was it should be turned into a story because i want to know about her too. its not everyday yu find a good story with a black female oc
ladybrin chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
excellent job with this ficlet- hope you write more soon-
Bet chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I really liked this!
Jen4850 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Very well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Loved it !
springfieldbluebird chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Wow! This was brilliant! Great piece. Everything was in character and the reactions were perfect. One of my favs.