Reviews for Paradigm Shift
SpacialWarrior chapter 17 . 4/19
This is some top tier stuff, my friend. You somehow capture my imagination and take me into the story and it's almost as if I am there at times, I'm not gonna say it's perfect as there are some nitpicky spelling errors in one or two chapters, but that does not detract from my enjoyment. If anything I would absolutely adore for this story to end as strongly as it has played out so far.

Suggestions: Explain why Sora and Tai don't 'get downtown' as it were.
Give Megumi some more character and give some insight as to how she and Yamato actually got together.

I hope you respond to my review

-Yami
BuffoonPrincess chapter 17 . 4/15
OMG. This whole chapter was so cute and endearing! I can't wait for the next one!
dinoman1996 chapter 16 . 4/10
looking forward to reading chapter 18 and loved the chapter
Sinful Serenata chapter 17 . 3/31
YAY! The baby is here! Lol, I can see it now. Uncle Tai gets to babysit.

Around the middle, though, some parts felt a little... forced? Like, Kari just had her baby and Tai's mom is gushing about Tai's girlfriend. Lol. Any new grandmother would probably be solely focused on the newborn. But that's just me. When they were in the waiting room, though, that ws a little more appropriate. And Matt's mother, meh. Getting after him for smoking? She's a grandmother too. Ugh

That was cute with Matt and Mimi at the end. I'm glad he's finally coming around, but I have a feeling Megumi will barge back into his life eventually, and he'll ultimately have to choose. That, or she'll never show up again. Hmph. Or she has a new dude. Hmm.

Great chapter as always! Although, I don't remember reading a name for the little baby? :p
Ooooh. I just found this fic! I like it so much. So many dynamics between the character. I like Mimi and Matt together. They're just so different but I don't know
I just see that they can work well together. And this is how I picture Tai in real life, the way you portrayed him. Hope you update soon!
To be honest, I enjoy reading the Taiora much more than the mimato - not a fan of Matt or Mimi so I tend to skip those parts, but I do like the way you have developed Tai and Sora (contrary to some I think you've portrayed her very well. She'd be my favourite character. I think she has every right to be cautious, presenting her as a more realistic character), keep up with the great work!
remaerd x chapter 17 . 2/21
Yay! Thank you for the PM response to my previous review and, of course, for this update! Haha, I'm so used to you switching PoV's that I was wondering if the whole chapter would be all Matt. It was nice to read from his perspective for these particular events (ugly alien baby! haha). Looking forward to what's next :)
I hope you haven't forgotten about the employee appreciation picnic, I look forward to hearing what other co-workers have to say to Sora about Tai and how Tai will deal with it
Scripturiens chapter 17 . 2/19
I read this story out of peer pressure of a couple of friends, one of them having spent all night reading your fic in one sitting. Curious, I started reading in the afternoon and only got two chapters in. Unable to sleep, I picked it up again and only put it down after it was 1AM and I had finished chapter 17. I'm not going to lie to you, I did not expect to like this story. I had a bit of a hard time getting over the first chapter because the narrative seemed to be so negative, and Yamato so pathetic, that it kind of made me feel sorrier for Taichi. The amount of "fuck yous" eventually got to me, but as I advanced (because you gave Taichi such a fantastic personality and witty humor), I could really appreciate the growth evident in the writing itself.

I like Taiora, I love Taito, I live for Mimato. This story has a little of each and I seriously enjoy what you have done with each character. TK and Kari, adorable. Even though I feel odd reading the dub names (it's been so long since I actually used them!), the characters made me feel right at home which is, I think, the whole point of fanfiction. This Matt isn't the one I'm used to, nor is he the one I personally like, but you have kept consistent with his character and a lot of him makes sense to me anyway. In this fic, he's just a very difficult person who insists on being difficult, and who's having a rough time and doing very little to help his case. The way Mimi makes him feel is both relieving and sad, because I can understand how he can despair at loving someone, and how he can convince himself he doesn't. When she says Megumi is poison, that struck a chord from a story I care deeply about, and it made him a lot more human in the text. The way he learns new things about Mimi, how she pastes their picture on his wall, how the second one, where she kisses him, is his favourite ... these are all things that make Yamato a delight to read.

I guess my only real concern here is Sora. Likeable in a lot of ways, she acts exactly like the sort of annoying person I imagine her to be in relationships. I love Sora, terribly, but I can't help but think she's very insecure, jealous and a little bit overbearing. I always headcanon her with Jyou, which is why I hope her ex-boyfriend (who cheated, gasp!) was him, tbh. Taichi is hilarious, and I love him dearly. I also giggle a little at the deliberate (or not) use of a more English dialect such as flat, pounds, or quid.

Maybe I'll leave shorter reviews in the previous chapters, maybe I won't. But know that now I am personally invested in this story and very much looking forward to how you continue it. Cheers!
KaChan84 chapter 17 . 2/19
Yay, an update :) Great chapter! Tai and Matt's battle to be the favorite uncle is now officially my new fave head canon ;-) Who knows, maybe you'll write about it...
So glad that Matt is finally forgetting Megumi (a little), maybe we'll see a somewhat 'happier' Matt in future chapters! Can't wait for your next update, love this story and your writing so much!
Thank you!
Ohh finally an update! Yet another amazing update! I hope the next chapter gives us more Taiora development as the Kamiya family find out about their relationship and I hope in future chapters Tai will learn the importance of commitment with the introduction of a rival (perhaps Sora's ex).
Vigatus chapter 17 . 2/18
Cool chapter, I think Tai will be the favorite uncle. I know this as I am my nephews' favorite uncle.
Kai chapter 17 . 2/17
So glad to read that Matt has finally let go of Megumi! It was cute to read about the birth of TK and Kari's baby, especially the family reactions.
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 17 . 2/17
Have to admit that I liked the chapter and really feel bad for Matt. You really make his mom out to be a bitch, and if I remember correctly, she was kinda offputting in the series when it came to Yamato/Matt. *shrugs* Anyways, I love the instant face of betrayal Tai has when Matt tells his parents about Sora...
kyuubi shadow chapter 17 . 2/17