Reviews for Raistlin Majere and the Philosophers Stone
reddir chapter 12 . 9/10/2018
Just read chapter 12. I find your story very enjoyable and hope you continue writing someday.

If you are posting your stories someplace else, please consider letting us know, either on your author page or maybe in a reply to this message?
reddir chapter 4 . 9/10/2018
I just started reading this story today.

I am really liking it so far. It is a very nice way to get a serious!Harry and a nostalgic portrayal of Raistlin.

Mostly I like the style - sparse (no extraneous indulgences compared to other stories) but accurate to what I remember. Based on your comment about Raistlin being the unreliable narrator, I like to think that the style is reflective of his own personality.
nuke-squid chapter 12 . 12/16/2017
I honestly love this story. I know it's been a little while, but please update soon!
Ataxius chapter 6 . 11/27/2017
What the hell? Hermione stronger that Raistlin? That's complete shit, especially since he is also Harry Potter who was most definitely stronger than Hermione.
Nessa Ar-Fieneil chapter 1 . 10/29/2017
I completely agree with you. also a meta reason Rastlin was from an adult book. Voldemort was defeated by a pack of teenagers! PEople who hadn't even taken their NEWTs yets. which is the equivilant of the test of high sorcery . So he was taken out by a bunch of low level wizards!
Naosj chapter 12 . 6/9/2017
It is nice to see Raistlin is purely Raistlin and the crossover is not compromised by the need to stay on the canonical track. The fact I have to guess what happens next makes this a story worth reading.
Archleone chapter 12 . 3/14/2017
Personally, I think the inclusion of this "Circle" to be a mistake. It's not a very interesting idea and it just adds another level of annoying children trying to pretend to be something that matters. Not to mention that I don't think "Harry" would have let Draco go without an oath, and with said oath I don't think Draco could tell anyone his plans.

On another note, you've done some sort of interesting things but failed to deliver a satisfying pay off. Two such examples would be the ritual he performed and his "raid" of Dumbledore's office. For the former Raistlin was made only slightly more powerful, and for the latter he left completely empty-handed.

It just takes the punch out of it. It's like, here's this exciting thing that did basically nothing.

It doesn't help that you haven't updated since last October, and left the story just before yet another scheme Raistlin put together than will probably have no real pay off, if the pattern holds.

I could be wrong, but I think you might be too concerned with avoiding making Raistlin/Harry "overpowered", but in this instance he has the mind/spirit/whatever of a man who defeated a god and usurped their power. It's okay if he's overpowered. It is expected. What would need to be carefully handled is how he uses said power, not whether or not he has the power.

For my preferences, I would have liked to see Harry/Raistlin work on becoming a god again. Maybe somehow come into possession of the other Deathly Hallows on the way. Dumbledore and Voldemort shouldn't really necessarily be deadly threats to him if he gets an appropriate level of power. He is, after all, a man who became a god. Those two wizards are very powerful, but not on that level. To be more specific, I would prefer to see the focus of this story be on Raistlin mastering magic to the ultimate level, not dealing with politics or children who think themselves some kind of cultists or acolytes of Voldemort.

I think the "Dumbledore is a manipulative, hypocritical, glory hog who wants to guide Harry to his death" thing is really overused and not entirely realistic, but if he must be an obstacle it would be amusing to see him be entirely unaware of Raistlin's counter manipulations until it's too late and the game is lost for him.
Archleone chapter 3 . 3/14/2017
You need to revise your writing more carefully. You make a lot of spelling errors and stranger errors besides. For example, you had Dumbledore call "Harry" by the name "Raistlin" when they got to the Hospital Wing.
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 5 . 3/4/2017
Ah... I haven't laughed so hard in ages! Wonderful preformance of him! I will overlook the fact that Raistlin would have far more self control and never be this direct in his aproach and likely to set traps and be much more sneaky about his revenge... It is still delightful to read. *Chuckles*
themaltesefalcon chapter 12 . 1/3/2017
I love this! Thanks for sharing it. I love reading people's interpretations of Harry's actions
Guest chapter 12 . 12/27/2016
Please continue

I really enjoyed
Wednesday's Jest chapter 6 . 11/3/2016
I like this story, but Hermione suddenly swearing to serve and obey is a bit too much. Even with the other two compulsions in place I can't see an eleven year old Hermione acting that way. I can see her being angry and I can see her losing her awe and obedience to authority. I can even see her remaining Harry's friend despite the abusive nature of their interactions. All of that is supportable by what has happened in the story.

I think you had an end goal that you wanted to reach and jumped to that point without properly justifying it. That is poor storytelling. If you can't come up with a series of believable steps to lead you to where you want to go, then maybe you should revisit the necessity of your destination.
Jake chapter 11 . 10/17/2016
I am enjoying your story even though I am not too familiar with Raistlin or the series he is from.
Elsil chapter 12 . 10/14/2016
Even if the story felt a little rushed throughout the chapter I cannot state enough how excited I am to see this story back in action. Keep 'em coming.

~Elsil
Shalifi chapter 12 . 10/12/2016
Raistlin is a bit of a prankster who liked messing with people. He also liked using simple spells in creative ways instead of powerful spells frequently. I love to see your still writing this. Great stuff.