Reviews for Of Thestrals and Lightning Storms
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
yeh! bit of a cheesy ending, but really good! is this a one shot, cause you didn't say if complete or not
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Aww, so sweet! You have a strange writing style - rather blunt but then combined with many similes and metaphors - but it works very well for this... somehow it made me think of Luna :) Well done.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
This was well written. I am not sure about Luna's character but as I find her difficult to write I don't think I am one to judge.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
This was quite sweet, though I thought that Luna's 'voice' was a little off - she didn't exactly seem the type to quote Shakespeare and such to me in the books, but that might just be a matter of minor personal opinion.
AmzyD chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I'm not a great fan of HarryLuna but this was written very well, great job
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I'm not the hugest fan of Harry/Luna, but I liked this nonetheless. I think you wrote both Harry and Luna pretty well, although they're very hard characters to write perfectly - that's why I don't write them myself. I like that their first kiss was in the forest, with Thestrals nearby and in the middle of a storm, because that's so strange and so Luna-ish. Overall, This was well written and I rather enjoyed it.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
This is sweet. Unlike many fanon pairings, I can see the sense in Harry/Luna. Harry felt slightly OOC to me, but I find he's nearly impossible to get right. Surprisingly, Luna felt just a little bit closer, and she's a tough character as well. You have a few SPaG errors throughout this, but they are minor and don't particularly detract. A good job.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I've always had a soft spot for this pairing. Before Harry and Ginny became canon, I was rooting for Harry/Luna :)

This was rather sweet, if not a little cliched (especially the last line), but I really enjoyed it. I loved Luna :)
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I'm not the hugest fan of Harry/Luna, but I liked this nonetheless. I think you wrote both Harry and Luna pretty well, although they're very hard characters to write perfectly - that's why I don't write them myself. I like that their first kiss was in the forest, with Thestrals nearby and in the middle of a storm, because that's so strange and so Luna-ish. I liked your description of Luna in the third paragraph, as well, and I think that's a lovely way to write about her. Spelling and grammar was good, a few places where there could have been commas, but nothing that bad. I do think you could have included a little something about Ginny, though, and why Harry wasn't with her - this seems canon except for that part. The last paragraph is really sweet and romantic, very nice. Good work!
eostby chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
A nice, short Harry/Luna love story. Beautiful.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I've never really been a fan of this pairing, but I really really love what you did here. Harry being frustrated and upset after the war was over and getting annoyed with everyone being in his business makes sense. And Luna is the perfect person to just /get/ him and show him how it's okay. But she also has that distinct personality that can make him forget about all of that. It's beautiful. And the bit with the Thestrals is a nice touch too. Harry being able to look at them from Luna's perspective is wonderful and this is just really sweet. Nice job!
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Aww that was sweet :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Upon reading the title I could have sworn that I had read this already, but it appears I hadn't. This is a sweet little moment between the two of tem and it would make sense that there'd be Thestrals. Not my favourite pairing, but I still enjoyed reading it.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
Interesting take on a Luna/Harry fic - I can't say I've read one before. A little error, though:

[Most as soft as baby's down and as green as the lush blades of the Hogwarts ground, gathered upon his clothes. Luna saw this and smiled – though Harry didn't know why.]

I think it should be moss or something else.

But other than that, I like your characterisation of Harry and Luna. Good job!
Kimi Lowe chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Love the story. Can't wait for more.