Reviews for Carrickfergus
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Oh, this was gorgeously written :)

I love the concept of Lily as a dancer, and you've written that really gorgeously here. I also really loved the italicised lines - even though they don't seem to say much, they're actually some of the most significant lines my eye fell across in this fic.

I have to ask - does her situation have anything to do with a broken heart maybe? Because that's kind of the idea I got from it...

I write down some of the lines I love the most, but FFN has copy locked fics, so I'll just leave you with this was a wonderful story - well done! :)
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
...this was amazing. A really wonderful portrayal of Lily, and a lovely comparison between her and the ballerina.

"...cries silent in the sleep that soon drowns her." Loved that. That was probably my favorite part of the story. I don't know why, it was just so nicely worded.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I seem to be saying this a lot lately, but I apologise for not reviewing the requested fic... as I've already reviewed it. I hope you don't mind me reviewing something else.

This was quite depressing, but really nicely written. I just saw Perks of Being a Wallflower so I was kind of in a sad mood. I thought the way you described this was beautiful and very imaginative and original.

I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes either. Great job with this!
glowing neon chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
This is lovely. I like that it's so vague, and the reader is sort of forced to think of their own reasons why Lily's like this. The language you've used in here is done with stunning effect - I love the word 'doleful' in the penultimate line!

[Lily knows her paint has chipped away and cannot be recovered. But she dances because she's lost in the music and in her mind she's not alone.] This made me very sad. Just wow. This is how I know I dealt with loneliness, by focusing on something you love doing and doing it until you can't any more. This line really hit home for me.

I couldn't find any spelling/grammar errors, which is lovely to see. Well done. I've favourited it, darling :)
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
This is very pretty and poetic but so sad. Lily gets characterized like this a lot I've noticed. It's interesting and I like the vagueness of it, though I am curious now why you think she's like this. The ballerina bit is beautiful as is the line about pleasurable pain. Nicely done!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This works really nicely as something vague. Your words are beautiful, even though I do wish I knew more about what was happening. But it gives a great feeling of what's happening and Lily's emotions or state of mind or something like that. There are so many beautiful lines in this. Well done!
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Wow...wow. This was just perfect and beautifully written(: This was simply lovely and I loved you word choices. Overall this was well written and enjoyable as well as sad. And I also love your cover picture for it (just though I'd tell you that :P)
Hushed Tones chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This was simply lovely. Your word choice in the sentence “The tiny ballerina twirls in the midst of lost adoration” Was pure genius. I do wish you would reveal why Lily is the way she is though, I’m not a very poetic person so it was a little difficult for me to understand. But, other than that, I loved it. :)
Apossibly chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Well written! Very beautiful and sad.