Reviews for Side-lined
Wow! I kept thinking of Dr. Toulson as Anderson (idiot & not willing to listen). Also, I kept wondering if John ever got some sleep. Speaking of John, it was wonderful to finally get to see him get WordBAMF, respect, & involved. I really appreciated your research (knowledge?) that went into your work. Sherlock's medical needs & gifts & consequences related to them were amazing. Your delving into Mycroft's personality was superb, therefore explaining his actions towards Sherlock. Your analysis of Moriarty makes me wonder if you had an unfortunate experience with a psychopath. You make him even more disturbing than in the show. Overall, bravo!
Brenda Joyeux chapter 24 . 10/30/2019
And I think I like this.
novelteas74 chapter 19 . 6/23/2017
That last paragraph! The mental images. Jim really is quite obsessed and you write it so well.
novelteas74 chapter 18 . 6/23/2017
I don't care much for Doctor Toulson. But I do like your story:-)
novelteas74 chapter 12 . 6/23/2017
You do write the most amazing stories. I've read through several now and I am astonished at how you keep all the storylines together. This story is my favorite version of John Watson in your canon thus far and of course, I have an unhealthy penchant for a vulnerable Sherlock (and you do help me with that lol). I hope you never stop writing in this fandom.
novelteas74 chapter 1 . 6/22/2017
Appreciate the realistic aura of panic here. It's all so disorienting.
joycelyn.o.ting chapter 24 . 10/14/2016
*SQUEALS* JOHN YOU'RE A SAINT! Wait... there's a legit St. John isn't there? ANYWAY OMG JOHN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! Ahhhhhhhh that was sho AMAZING GODDAMNIT MY EXCITEMENT IS SPIRALLING OUT OF CONTROL EEEEEEEPP xD Woah John, woah. Just WOW. You just... broke through years of tension, and made the Holmes Boys see sense. :O I am so proud of you John, but I'll bet Moriarty would be screaming his head off if he knew. :)))) Just, damn John, DAMN. I can't even express my thoughts right now, but yeah the gist of it is I FREAKING ADORE THIS CHAPTER! WELL DONE WATSON!
joycelyn.o.ting chapter 15 . 10/13/2016
But... could Mycroft really be that selfish? Keeping an eye on Sherlock at all times just because his bone marrow is advantageous? I thought Richard never told Mycroft, only Sherlock, when he started sprouting the backstory. It's a great backstory certainly, I just don't think Mycroft is that cold blooded, because I feel the brothers truly care about each other underneath all the arguments and tension. :)
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 27 . 6/19/2016
A bit very good. Your Moriarty in this one wasn't quite as believable as in Collateral Damage - I don't really get why he keeps Moran around so close if he irritates him, so it felt a bit like a plot device - but your Sherlock was more detailed and human which worked well. Nicely done.
O'Donnell chapter 25 . 5/12/2016
And just when you thought it was safe to leave the building...nemesis appears. I love epilogues!
O'Donnell chapter 24 . 5/12/2016
What's that phrase about never riling a quiet man? Step up to the plate, John Watson. A great chapter comparable to a Wimbledon men's singles; fast furious and full of great rallies and some game changing lobs. And the chalk dust flew. Breathless stuff to read, and I bet it was also great fun to write.
O'Donnell chapter 23 . 5/12/2016
The answer to all problems is - John Watson. Well, Sherlock has always known that, and now we know too. I am going to take Mycroft home now and feed him toast and honey, wrap him in a security blanket and play him Monteverdi. Give us a minute or two...
O'Donnell chapter 22 . 5/12/2016
I love ' a strange combination of youthful allure with a dark Irish twist' Yep, in a nutshell. 'A bit of a peacock; if he lusts after the Virgin and isn't requited, this could be dangerous for Sherlock Holmes.' Great insight, great and revealing outsider's view of Mycroft. And we all know that Moriarty is also a professor of mathematics. The plot thickens. A chapter that dances.
O'Donnell chapter 21 . 5/12/2016
Tough love, we observe, is just that. Tough to do, tough to implement, tough to watch. It is also tough to try and make someone use when they have no idea and dare not express the meaning of the word. It also takes a great deal of understanding and tact to write.
O'Donnell chapter 20 . 5/12/2016
What a strong, well controlled and tense scene. Honesty pays. Punch to the soar plexus stuff. Well done