Reviews for Seal My Heart and Break My Pride
SeGate chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Since you just tipped me off on the Plus, I knew all along that it was the Kid. But when I read this the first time ('cause I did read it before), I really didn't know enough to suspect until you mentioned him forgetting his name. I kinda had thoughts along that line, but you mentioned his dad being a good man, so that threw me for a loop.

Full disclosure: I am crap at mysteries. I always pick the wrong killer. For a German assignment I once had to write the end of the mystery/crime novel (in the style of the author)... I picked the murderer as the only innocent person. That was disappointing to discover. So, in other words, I'm not the best judge.
Wendymypooh chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I was very surprised that it was Kid. Its hard for me to envision such anger in him to kill someone...In defense of someone he cared about or to protect yes, I can see him killing someone...then again, the situation within this story, makes me think that he was doing just that...he was ultimately taking the last resort against all the abuse he and his mother etc had received at the hands of his father...and all the hurts and anger exploded within him into this last final act. Very thought provoking and well written.
Sunnybrook chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
This was wonderful...very vivid and powerful. You kept me guessing up until the mention of the land then I knew for sure it was Kid. Amazing writing as always. Love it.
flutegirl.anita chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
This was fantastic! I think I guessed who it was when I read the line, "He had driven one off and caused the death of two." I was further solidified in my thinking at the first kiss by the mulberry bush. It was a wonderful story. Thank You!
signefalls chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I love this one shot, just love it. Poor Kid, such a believable narrative for his life. I think I figured out it was him when you said the man he killed caused the death of two and drove off one (stinkin Jed!) anyways, the atmosphere is great and goes so well with this song. Well done!
earthdragon chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I had a feeling that it would be Kid. It's logical that the reason for not giving his real name to anyone has to be more than his name being embarrassing. There is a dark side to Kid that is rarely touched on. There has to be more to him than the bland good looking do-gooder that he seems to be - after all, look at how his brother Jed turned out.

Good story and an interesting insight into Kid.
brankel1 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Awesome.
StarRider1 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Wow! Very interesting.
Lana Coombe chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I knew Kid's story was in that song somewhere - so glad you found it and gave it a voice. Just wonderful.
CindyPio chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
What a powerful back story! The imagery is incredible - I can smell the blood and see it congealing.
mariel123 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Devious and wickedly brilliant, my dear! At the very - very - first, I thought of Jimmy, but no - it didn't fit. Then, of course, Kid.
Mmm-hmm! In the process of continuing to reinvent, you have given him a past. And, why not...? Really - why not? ML