Reviews for Nights at the Bar
Hawki chapter 1 . 3/5
-So, I guess in this case Tony Stark is a grown adult during the 1940s. Okay, I’ll play. However, what’s harder to swallow is that the idea that Steve would get just a few days leave in the US before being shipped back to Europe. I’m not a military historian, but that would be very inefficient to ship the same soldiers across the Atlantic twice within the span of a few days. Leave, when it’s granted, is on far longer periods. It’s also iffy that he could get back to the US at all mere days after VE day, considering that WWII was continuing at that point in the Pacific, but Allied forces would remain stationed in the continent for years.

-Also, gotta say, the Tony here behaves nothing like the character usually does. There’s no trace of the snark, the confidence, the idea that he’s working in a bar at all runs counter to his character as a tech-whizz, etc.

-Above points aside, the story is okay. It shows the bond between two individuals, the writing is okay, if cliché at times (e.g. Tony’s boss), and progresses adequately. However, “individuals” is the key word. Even if the story operates under the premise that Tony was alive during WWII, it becomes redundant when he’s written to be a different character entirely.
Wowyo chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
You captured the scene and their reactions so perfectly.
CassielT chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Awww that's so awesome.
You just found the right mix of romantic and seriousness. Plus the writing is good.
When Steve left in the middle to go back to Germany I was thinking 'God please no, please no, don't let him die', every second sentence.
Even thought the thought of Tony being a bartender is quite confusing but I can cope with that xP
Cass
HannaHazzard chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This was beautiful *.*
Gee, i the end you had me fear for a second that Steve took a swimm in icy waters :D
awesome story