Reviews for Other Worlds Than These
cannonfodder43 chapter 80 . 6/8
Why did I bother guessing that Roland would die? Why guess in general? When Eddie got ganked I was surprised, but when Roand showed up and saved them now I can see why it was three that left the facility. Even despite taking a bullet to the chest. (I swore he would die there too!) Apparently he is not human, and he will make it to the Dark Tower.

I do hope that the Dark Tower and Ka considers his attempted self-sacrifice to be worthy enough to not need to make his way back again after a memory wipe.

But now they have to face Mordred, Winter, what else is at the tower and the Crimson King... goody.
cannonfodder43 chapter 79 . 6/8
Wow. I was already on edge when Cortana could see that the entire facility was built to contain what ever was in there and keep it from escaping. To keep others from releasing the Flood. And when you said that only three would leave... oh god.

And that build up of tension. Oh long time since I have read something that, the growing primal fear bordering on panic with Cortana, the small detail of the containment pods only just recently been broken.

But Roland... I am not going to lie, my first thought was that Eddie would be the one to buy the farm here. But instead Roland redeems himself. And just like the prophecy said, Cortana was what ended him. Even if it was through sacrifice. A very real lose I must say and what a line to say to those coming to kill you. Hile Gunslinger, give them lead.
cannonfodder43 chapter 78 . 6/7
Welp, hopefully the new training and the powers of Excalibur will allow them to deal with a potential outbreak.
cannonfodder43 chapter 76 . 6/7
A new found positive attitude. I must say, learning about you is about as interesting as this story. No matter how fictionalized it may be.

And now their supply situation is worsening, people are hurting, confessions made and training continued. And oh boy the Spirit of Fire.
cannonfodder43 chapter 75 . 6/6
Writers like all artists of sorts, develop artist eyes. An eye and mind for the tropes and ideas that are embodied in written fiction. Your long reading experience and your now obsessive drive toward this series has certainly made it apparent that you have developed that writers eye and mind.

You are right, this story stands as a testament to the ease of which Halo and Stephen King's The Dark Tower can be woven together. From the references to 19 to the characters and setting. If anything, the multiverse and 4th wall busting nature of The Dark Tower makes tying any different universes together astonishingly easy. I have read one Halo/Mass Effect cross over that was well made and executed. But this is something even more compelling and immersive than that story ever could be. This story by its very nature is in a league of its own.

And to think how this could tie into Civil War and The Gyre Widens... needless to say I am eager to see how you go into those stories.
cannonfodder43 chapter 73 . 5/30
The Crimson King, Mordred and the foe of many an army, Winter. Winter like Summer, can only be endured.

As many an army has found out.
cannonfodder43 chapter 72 . 5/30
Prophecy talk over a symbolic game of Chess. I am sure that despite all of Walter's power and intelligence, the writer will find a way to have Roland and Cortana do something quite unexpected.
cannonfodder43 chapter 71 . 5/30
Walter is alive, Roland repeats his journey and John and Cortana are siblings by the fact of being effectively raised by the same parent figure.

And oh that prophesy.
cannonfodder43 chapter 70 . 5/30
Huh, reverse Deja-Vu. Roland being in Fedic twice... hmm.
cannonfodder43 chapter 69 . 5/24
That first section with your talk about the relativity of time in multi-verses, huh so good.

And Nancy and Halsey may be right, nothing has ever been smooth sailing and her giving birth may very well go bad unless she comes back to Tet. In a way I sort of want that to happen, them coming back to our world. A peacefull change of pace from the chaos of Mid-World.

And I look forward to her training as a Gunslinger, and great job with the voice speaking to her.
cannonfodder43 chapter 68 . 5/24
Oh that moment when Halsey called after Cortana... just right in the feels. Well I can't say that meeting was going to be cordial when it comes her past.

But at least the discussion with Roland was interesting.
cannonfodder43 chapter 67 . 5/24
That buildup to the meeting and then you see them, "Fuck". I just LOLed.

A bit anti-climatic but I got my mind-fucks. You are just as much at the mercy of Ka as Cortana is. Both unable to deviate if at all from their destiny. What is free will? I suppose that does not matter in this instance and universe.

But of course it is now 2018 and if the Dark Tower is still falling, the breakers are taking their sweet ass time.
cannonfodder43 chapter 66 . 5/24
Given that this is a self-insert of an incredible degree I am unsure how much of this is actual real information. Granted we know your first name, but your second names spelling is still unknown.

And this is the internet, while we certainly leave a lot of our info online and have quite the digital footprint, something like this still seems suspect. I have no doubt your life experiences are on display but how much of these coincidences of Ka are real?

I guess I will never know, but there is no doubt you are an interesting person.
cannonfodder43 chapter 65 . 5/21
Oh boy here it comes, the meeting I have been waiting for. Already you seem like an interesting person, one can learn about a person from their room layout.
cannonfodder43 chapter 62 . 5/16
Ah so our reality is a Key Stone World. Thinking about it it does make sense.

And so we get our first real impression of you. If this is all real as can be as I honestly believe it to be, then this has to be the most clever self-insert I have ever read.