Reviews for Other Worlds Than These
Azrael38 chapter 95 . 10/25
This story is just so... I don't even know how. Loved both series so this one resonates with me. Well done.

BTW, Are you going to update the sequel or is it abandoned?
veagleeyev chapter 57 . 9/20
... This chapter.
veagleeyev chapter 44 . 9/19
No evil man is truly evil, and no man is evil by choice. While there are certain disfunctions that contradict that statement, I often find even the worst of demons were once angels, but we're corrupted—in a figurative context, of course. People never wake up and go, "I think I'll become a raving lunatic today. I'm feeling up for a bit of Murder Monday." Like the man in black, trauma warps people, corrupts them. Everyone has trauma, but many times it puts them to a point where it cannot be healed. True, in time and with the proper treatment, trauma can be overcome, but a human being only lives so long. Sometimes people become a Hilter, and there is no alternative besides putting them down without dropping them in a cell to suffer forever. The man in black was far past this point. I do not hate him either. I do not condone what he did. He himself wasn't evil, not at first. But when he was, well, I just explained all of that, and you of all people already know, especially having completed this story.
I think you should have written more about him having flashbacks or something. In my opinion, some of the best antagonists are made when the reasons why they are such are revealed. We know what they did, but if you really want a reader to start thinking, you tell them why. You humanize them. The reader watches the retrospect of the corruption, and the reader probably won't hate them either. But sometimes I think we need to believe the antagonist is evil at the core, that they did just wake up and decide to be immoral.
The blame game can be traced so far back that you can hate the world, and it can be easier to hate one man. I personally just try to skip both options.
But I think the man in black needed a bit more characterization if you want the audience to pity him as much as you do. Granted, there was a paragraph which explained a lot, but it just felt... Brief.
That's not to say this story is bad the way it is. It certainly isn't. You have this way of demolishing all of the walls, first through fourth, yet still managing to use it to add to the story. The depth you go into is, well, deep. Now I'm getting into pointless drabble, so I'll cut it off here.
veagleeyev chapter 42 . 9/19
I think you need a "walk-ins welcome" sign on your door.
veagleeyev chapter 5 . 9/18
I like the bit of symbolism with the assault rifle. It's a good statement regarding John's character development.
Interesting chapter 37 . 7/2
I believe I know who the other writer is.
krigby chapter 95 . 1/6
An amazing and exciting story that continues to surprise and amaze me. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go read the sequel. Good Job.
jtdarkman chapter 29 . 12/31/2014
jtdarkman chapter 13 . 12/29/2014
Man im so confused and excited that it hurts lol. Im really enjoying this epic tale. And tbough its in bad taste i laughed when the dream character got dhot in the knee. Lol i just watchrd a bunch of arrow to the knee jokes thwn read this so man thwt was funny. Skyrim ruind it for me sorry lol.
Goldspark1 chapter 6 . 12/16/2014
This story got a little to confusing to me.
Texas McFreedoms chapter 22 . 9/21/2014
Man, I was just randomly reading Halo fanfics even though I know nothing about it and then suddenly a Red vs Blue reference! :D
Sergeant Sargent II chapter 36 . 6/26/2014
I love that Cullum is a Mainer. I grew up in Maine.
shelbysaurus chapter 95 . 6/12/2014
Wow. This entire story was not at all what I was expecting based on your description. It was surprising in the best way. I am so blown away by your level of detail and the amount of thought and connections that were put into this. And I can't believe how quickly this story was completed! Were the details about the "writer" truths about yourself? Did you really feel the way the writer in the story said they felt? The line between reality and fiction was so blurred, but then I guess that was the point, huh? This was a wonderful read, even if I bawled my eyes out for most of the last quarter or so of the story.
Sergeant Sargent II chapter 34 . 5/26/2014
Wait, if story logic like deuce ex machina is being included, can the chief take advantage of respawns from his video game?
Sergeant Sargent II chapter 31 . 5/26/2014
"this has to be the deuce ex machina" this is getting progressively cooler.