Reviews for Time and Reason
theredrobin chapter 3 . 11/11/2014
Everything hurts. You started with a jab here and there, but sweet Jesus, by the end you just were not pulling your punches. I'm so sad I don't even know what else to say, just that this is terrible and beautiful and I need you to fix it, okay?
Knyle Borealis chapter 3 . 8/27/2014
The angst is killing me, but I can't look awaaaaayyy...
Zalini chapter 3 . 10/20/2013
Wow this was such a great story that i think captured all of the real issues between this amazing pair. I do not know much about any real canon story line that involves these two characters but I really hope you write your own with a happier ending. I can only hope as I read this series. You have a real gift of writing and I just want you to know how much I am enjoying your talent. Thanks for this.
Miss Starfire chapter 2 . 8/2/2013
HOLY SHIT!
Kmy068 chapter 3 . 6/18/2013
Gosh it's 3.30 AM in my country and I can't stop reading. I should probably go to bed...
sv4me chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
Man you're cruel. Bringing in Bobbi Morse and ditching Natasha? My heart is broken. I hope we get to Clintasha in the end. Thanks for writing!
adara-greenleaf chapter 3 . 12/27/2012
"It was this easy back and forth that made them both so very screwed up, if he was being honest." Yup...hit the nail on the head with that one! Screwed up, they are!

Morse! You put HER in there and then you end it like that!? My heart is breaking. I KNOW it's comic book canon. I KNOW he marries Bobbi and I think they even have a son, but it's not right! It just isn't. Even though I know nothing about Mockingbird it still feels WRONG. I know Tasha doesn't want to (and quite possibly CAN'T) give Clint the wife, kids, and picket fence thing. I'm okay with them just being partners/lovers without the kids and house. I really, really am. But this? This is torture, lady! My heart is in pieces here. Seriously! I don't want this to end with fluffy kittens, flowers, and fecking declarations of undying love, but I also don't want this to end with Clint marrying HER.

You know, I have a theory about why Clint and Bobbi got a divorce. I know the comics said something about her getting drugged and (sorta) raped by a baddy, and that put a strain on their marriage, but I truly, truly think it was because Clint never stopped loving Natasha. He married Bobbi, yes, because he loved her, but you can't be in love with someone, and then marry someone else. Well, you CAN, but it doesn't usually work out. Which kinda proves my theory. And yes, I know, in the comics Natasha used Clint, but even watching some of the animated show, and reading some of the comics, you get a sense that she DOES care about him, a great deal in fact. And in the f'ed up Natasha-verse that might very well be love. I mean, how would she even know what love was if she'd never experienced it before? She'd have no basis for comparison, right? I don't know why I'm making a case for this to you. You do write Clint/Tasha, ergo, I assume you ship them, at least more than you ship Clint/Bobbi. I'm just...concerned that this isn't going to end...favorably. I hesitate to say 'happily ever after' because that is SO not Clint/Tasha. They are messed up, to put it mildly, but I want this to end in a more 'them' fashion.

Anyway, this is a really long (kinda) review. I loved the story. It was amazing, funny, suspenseful, and heartbreaking. One minor, minor thing: It's your, not you're. I saw the mistake a few times. I only bring it up because, well, it irritates me because I used to be an English major. It didn't detract at all from the overall fic, but I just thought I'd let you know. There were a few spelling mistakes, too, but I don't use a beta, so I shouldn't really be pointing the finger, as it were. Truth be told I'm too embarrassed by my writing to use a beta. We're our own worst critics, yes? I hope you continue this story soon. Or, at least, write a sequel soon. It would kill me if you left it here. It really, really would. Thanks for sharing! Sorry this is such a long review.
adara-greenleaf chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
"Since after Geneva." What happened there? Have you written a fic about it yet? What went down? I needs more info! You can't just toss something like that out there and not expect the crazy fangirl to, well, not go crazy!

:O Clint!? How the hell did anyone get the jump on him!? Oooohh, the plot thickens! And here I thought I could go to bed and finish this in the morning. Not anymore!
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Yeah, this is pretty fabulous! What a neat concept. I like that Clint's a bodyguard...it's kinda hot, and he's so...awkward...that it's both funny and sad. He just doesn't know how to be normal, like, at all, and it's endearing, but also a bit scary. I really like this fic so far. It's funny (I mean, when's it NOT funny when Tony Stark is involved?) and heavy and just really well written. On to part 2!
Cyborgscouse chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Bizarrely I thought this was finished after chapter 1. It's good to have Clint showing a backbone in the series and walking away from her as well as sending her away from him too. Oddly I'd saying Natasha was acting more and more selfish and uncaring the more you tried to make her the opposite in this story and the one were she visited him. She knows what it does to him and how he feels about her, even if you did include her own confession of love to him when he was asleep. At times in this story I get the impression that she isn't too worried as long as she gets what she wants out of the situation, especially when she wanted him to stop her from walking away.

Also were did the idea of him being scared of water come from? I've seen a few authors using it
ladygris chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
Wow, a lot happened in this chapter! Clint's interrogation by an idiot, Morse being introduced, and then the ending!

I was not expecting that, but I'm glad to see Clint go this direction. Like he said, Natasha pushed him away with one hand and drew him close with the second one. People can be pulled in two opposite directions for only so long before they snap to one or the other. I think Clint will be stronger for this, even if it seems hopeless right now.

Really, really, REALLY looking forward to your next installment! :D
TheNaggingCube chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
Wow... this ending, I knew it was coming in some form or another but wow. Natasha, you hurt him more with not believing him than telling him you can't love him...

Can't wait for the next part.
Shazrolane chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
Oh Clint...

If this was the end, I'd be so sad, but you've promised there's more.

Is the standalone When Words Fail part of this storyline? Dare I hope that our two favorite assassins will eventually work things out? I know, you probably can't answer that. Guess I'll just have to keep reading...
Dsgdiva chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
Read the whole series up to this point in one sitting. Love it! Poor confused Clint. Looking forward to more!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Deep and dark and sad and wow.