Reviews for Bed and Breakfast Man
Zarohk Korobase chapter 17 . 4/2/2013
"You know, as long as I've known him, people have been asking me to cut him a break. Do the work on the project. Help him out on the job. Tutor him so he can get his GED. Everyone takes an interest in him. Why is he so special? Why is it that we mere mortals must bow down and peel his grapes?"
"It's not him. It's people like him. When you're watching a show on TV, and the lead is a handsome, young, popular guy, even if he turns out to be the bad guy, don't you want him to get away with it?" "No."

I have to really agree with Daria here. Honestly the Kevins of the world are a big source of problems. Among other things, they generally don't grow out of being jerks, and somehow turn massive amounts of people into their personal cults. The way celebrity works is disturbing, unfair, and frustrating to those of us who really work hard in life. I like how you've captured that frustration, and the unfairness of the world in Daria's speech here. This story really speaks to the college experiences just as the show spoke to the high school experience. I only wish that you would include a few Boston-iconic things, like the ICA or MFA, or even the T.

"What's going to make you happy? Seeing him when he's forty, living in a trailer, managing the Cluster Burger?"
Yes, personally. It's actually more disturbing and unjust when people like that do really well in life without having to work hard for it.

"That's just a guy thing. If it weren't for women, we'd never get out of bed… Guys have a tendency to inertia. A woman has to get us going,"
Ah, Trent, slandering your gender by example. Well, at least you're not Kevin. I can't tell if Trent is being sarcastic (probably not) or hyperbolic here, but he's shown himself to be clearly not like that, so it seems like he's just trying to cut Kevin some slack. Daria is a little harsh in the chapter, but definitely within character, and I have to agree with everything she said about Kevin.
DeadGrlSprStr666 chapter 31 . 6/12/2012
I absolutely love this story! Still waiting/hoping for an update almost 3 yrs later! Hope all is good with you/yours!
J. Francis Marion chapter 2 . 2/12/2011
Daria cutting loose doesn't happen too often in fanfiction. Thanks for depicting it in a fun way!
J. Francis Marion chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
A good start. I hope good things are in store for out heroes.
Half-elf chapter 31 . 12/15/2010
This is a really fun story and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Great job!
the fading phoenix chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Please come back and write some more.

I realise how hard it is to find time to write but this story is so wonderful that it would be such a shame if you didn't continue.
Dark Kuno chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
As a nominee and/or winner for "Favorite Post-Is It College Yet? Story" in the 2005 Daria Fanworks Awards (aka "the Booties"), this work has bee added to the Best of Daria Fan Fiction Community here on FanFictionNet.

Feel free to check out, and possibly subscribe to, the community. You may also wish to visit Outpost Daria, The Paperpusher's Message Board (a forum for Daria fanfiction and art) and/or DariaWiki for more Daria fan fiction & art, as well as information on the Daria Fanworks Awards.
Huskerinexile chapter 31 . 9/28/2009
For the love of all the is holy please do not neglect this story. I love that Summer's kids are showing a new maternal side of Jane and that Daria nests without getting sappy about it. Your oc's are believable without becoming Mary Sue's. Thank you and keep it up.
Cloverx3 chapter 17 . 8/5/2009
I really hope you'll have time to update this story, its one of my favorites. Very well written.
reader chapter 31 . 7/27/2009
im sorry to say this fic doesn't live up to the hype. i read through the whole thing in one go and yes its well written, i wont dispute that; but the pacing is off. some parts drag over insignificant details while other parts that are more significant are rushed. also a distinct lack of 'scenes' a page break or astericks would help, can get a little confusing esspecially in your later chapters.

it would have been nice to see more of daria and janes friendship and a little more intamacy between daria and trent (pg rated not a hard core romp- i know you informed of your other fic but i think the story needs a little bit- even if you have done the d/t thing to death; you're writing a d/t shipper... you shouldn't have to add a footnote at the end of the chapter to let the reader know they had 'relations' a simple- daria was relieved; she had finally given herself to trent.-could have done it)

i really like the first chapters when trent and daria are living at the dorms; everyone is in character and the story is tight, well done.

i also like the way you matured most of the characters, quinn especially.

i would like to see the hooters adventure get its own fic- so many possibilities.

i think the length of time it has taken you to write the fic has affected it, the last few chapters feel a little rushed either you are excited to get to the big conclusion (im thinking a wedding, maybe d/t- but i'll bet there will be a whole lot of self doubt and apprehension on d's part and a big old mess before the tooth ache ending) or you are sick of the requests to finish it and are just trying to get it done.

one last thing iphones came out in the last year, the time frame is a little out...

i am curious as to where this will go, and how you intend to finish it.
MsLessa chapter 31 . 7/21/2009

I had seriously thought that you had abandoned this story so to see any type of update has just rocked my world. I know you are probably reaching it's conclusion and I'll be a sad little puppy when you do. This story has brought me so many hours of happy reading. I've reread quite often as it's one of my all time favorite Daria fics.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life and tossing us readers a bone.
Larisa chapter 31 . 7/16/2009
I can't believe it! You're still here and writing! I'm happy!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

Nice chapter by the way!
Alpacca Joe chapter 31 . 7/12/2009
I just finished reading this entire story and I must say, it's very well done. Not out of character for the most part, well written, good plot line.

More. Yep.
Dark Kuno chapter 31 . 7/10/2009
When I got the notice that this updated, I had to read the notice three times before it sank in

*happiness dance*
Professor chapter 31 . 7/8/2009
You updated! This chapter is fantastic! I just reread the whole story about a week or so ago, so this is a delightful surprise.

Plus I'm going to Vegas myself in a couple days (although not to get married).