Reviews for The War in Her
The Keddster chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Wow. Powerful stuff. Beautifully written.
lazupri chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
This is very gripping.

Like a previous reviewer said, it’s hard to imagine Kate struggling this mightily so long after her mom’s death. However, I think this line: “she thought she knew this grief through and through but this is all new” and the idea of an unknown trigger really help the scenario you’ve presented become credible.

Grief has so many faces. There are the classic stages, of course, but not everyone follows a set pattern, and sometimes you reach a point—even years down the road—where you’re particularly vulnerable to such a loss suddenly sitting up and socking you in the gut. I can see that happening with Kate.

Anyway, this is beautifully written. You have a wonderful way with words. Thanks for sharing!
BrookeGreene chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I really like this. It's true to the characters and your description of grief is very real.
ekc293 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
uNFFF.

"Castle won't cure everything, but he'll make it a little easier to fight the war.

Kate won't be fixed, but he'll love her anyway."

JENNY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Pecan Tan chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I don't necessarily buy the idea that her mother's death would still hit her this hard and be this debilitating, but I did enjoy your delivery. This was intense and deliciously romantic and beautifully written.
Rick's lady chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Well I would love to see this on my tv. Excellent writing, sad and sexy.
coffeeforyoursmile chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
It is actually impossible not to make a wide range of facial expressions one should not be making when in History... Like smirking, smiling ridiculously, all sadness, and a few others. In other words, this is so good! You are an amazing writer, and I just loved the details that you put it. Don't kid yourself, this is a really good fic :)
headrush100 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Wow - a really wonderful, touching piece filled with love and pain and desperation. Very in character, very powerful. Loved it - and seeking out more of your writing! Thank you for sharing this.
a.wells-mouse chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I really liked it, you wrote them incredibly.
princessitsy chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Wow. Just wow.

I'm speechless. This is an indescribably beautiful piece. Incredibly true to character.
gallopingfox chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Wow. That was really good, perfectly written.