Reviews for Against the Law
Kurai Ummei chapter 9 . 8/10
Where is the resssssssssssssssssst?
rawhide wolf chapter 9 . 4/9/2013
*sees the complete tag after reading whole fic in one go* Noooooooooo! *dies*

I seriously love this, I can not even describe how much I wish this story continued from here! It would be so interesting to see how the events of ME would change if Garrus found Tali before Shepherd got to them.
NoNameAvailable Bis chapter 9 . 4/2/2013
Just found this fic, and I like the concept. I must admit, for a while, I did hope that it would remain a Shepard-free story, mainly because he/ she tends to draw all the spotlight to him/herself, and it's getting old really fast. Now, he's here, but not quite as expected, and I do wonder how this will change the rest of the story. Anyway, so far, the interractions between Garrus and Tali had been really well done, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for team dextro.
TheGethhaveacrushonme chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
What a great story! At first I thought "Boy, this is veering heavily off canon", then that changed to "I don't even care, this is brilliant", but eventually you managed to tie it into the canon story quite nicely. Kudos.
CreatedInFyre7 chapter 9 . 2/2/2013
Please let there be a sequel, please let there be a sequel :D
CreatedInFyre7 chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
God I love these too :D. Off to read the rest.
Q42 chapter 5 . 2/1/2013
Ooh, bad move. Never listen to your iPod (or your nifty holographic HUD visor) when your girlfriend is talking.

Err ... girlfriend? I meant, "witness"! Yeah...
Q42 chapter 4 . 2/1/2013
"It's not our fault the rest of you are squishy and only have one voice box."

I really like your approach to this story. In the game, it seems as though both Garrus and Tali are like eager kids, begging to tag along with Shepard, but unable to do much on their own. By having them take more initiative, you make them much more interesting as characters.

Also, love the "sentient blanket" scene. A little awkward, just slightly sexy, but not excessively so. And funny, too...
Q42 chapter 3 . 2/1/2013
Harkin muttered something under his breath.

"I heard that, too. Yes, the fucking turian does have damnably good hearing."

Heh heh.

Wait a minute ... where are his ears, anyway?
Q42 chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
I like how you explain how Garrus used to admire Saren. It makes his disgust later on more believable - Saren becomes a fallen idol, and Garrus is offended at being let down.
FlyingHampsterOfDoom chapter 9 . 1/8/2013
I love vaguely AU stories like this- especially when they make an already fantastic storyline seem so much more plausible, so much more dramatic and real-life "gritty." I really enjoy 'What If' stories, and this one is now part of my "totally happened I don't care what the game says" headcannons. Outside of how well written and plot-awesome this fic is, I also really. Really really really. Enjoyed the small cultural bits added in. Not knowing what certain idioms are, having difficulty with facial expressions- even how difficult it was for others to recognize Garrus outside of his usual appearance. I really do hope you write a sequel. It would be interesting to see how a few missions from ME1-3 would play out in different 'What If' scenarios, or to just do a type of fill-in-the-gap for the down time they have. Anyway, I really enjoyed this story, and even if you don't write a sequel of sorts, I hope to see more if your work in the ME universe.
Charlie019 chapter 9 . 1/4/2013
Damn. For a good fic like this, it receives too little attention. And so does Garrus /Tali pairing. Is this getting updated in time or on hold?
Vicious Dice chapter 9 . 12/17/2012
I loved that... It was so awesome! Please continue this, show us more... Tali and Garrus are really good together...
xsimpsx chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Fantastic so far! Keep it coming
Fistful of Gamma Rays chapter 9 . 11/13/2012
Okay, I've been waiting all day to read this, and I just read it all in one go. This was fantastic! Tali and Garrus were spot on, and the story was tense and you did a great job of raising the stakes a little more with every chapter.