Reviews for Learning to Live with It
Tanith2011 chapter 8 . 11/21/2012
A perfect way to end a fantastic companion piece to the episodes "And They Painted Daisies on His Coffin" and "The Bomber and Mrs. Moroney". You have certainly provided us with a very plausible and entertaining explanation to the naming inconsistency of Thad's character.

A happy Thanksgiving day to you too (I know I'm a little early!)

i look forward to reading your next venture.
Tanith2011 chapter 7 . 11/21/2012
"Maybe he even looked taller."

Just a few words can mean so much more. Well done!

Ohh but you left us with an evil cliffie!
jodm chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
Great conclusion! Love the way you've supplied the "Missing Link!"

Hunter sounds like a villain you might bring back! Hint! Hint!
Shergar chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
Good ending. Well done with the story. I'm hoping to see something new from you soon.
Shergar chapter 7 . 11/19/2012
No, you can't leave it there! Who leaves poor defenceless readers with a nasty cliffhanger like that?
jodm chapter 7 . 11/19/2012
A cliffhanger ending to the chapter! Nice!

I like your description of the evident change in Danny as he comes to terms with what happened: May noting his confidence (love "He even looked taller") and Steve's pride in his second-in-command.
Tanith2011 chapter 6 . 11/19/2012
Grieving is the first step to forgiveness and Danny is certainly on the road to a better place after reading this excellent chapter. Letting go of his guilt was something that he needed do in order to move on and protect the people of Hawaii.
jodm chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
What a chapter of contrasts-Steve thinking everything's OK woth Danny and finally, Danny dealing with his sense of guilt and learning to forgive himself. Love your writing!
Shergar chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
Good man, Danny! It wasn't your fault! Now, let's get this case solved.
Tanith2011 chapter 5 . 11/18/2012
Aww poor Danny! I do hope he can find a way to forgive himself. You've handled his emotions beautifully through your writing. I can see the dedication you put into keeping the characters canon to the series and have no trouble hearing their voices as I read this, and picturing their expressions.
Tanith2011 chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
A very well written scene! I love how you had that distraction in the form of the young woman seeking Kono's attention to provide a contrast to the conversation that Danny and Kono was engaged in, then allowing the distraction to relieve the tension by the end of the scene. Kono's attempts to help Danny accept what happened and to learn to forgive himself was played out with finesse. It was also nice to have Kono get the attention from the ladies for a change :-)
Shergar chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
Poor Dan. Nothing worse than a guilty conscience, even if it is unwarrented and then to find reminders everywhere... Great chapter.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
Another good chapter. Danny's healing and reconciliation with the shooting is taking time-you've done a good job in showing that feelings and emotional responses can't be turned on and off at will. The last few sentences hint at trouble to come. I'm looking forward to the next part.
jodm chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
Kono is a wise man! I love the way you portray him in this story. You also describe Danny's emotional turmoil very well-how to come to terms with the fact that he might - probably will - have to pull that trigger to save an innocent life or the life of one of his friends or a fellow cop. Thanks for a great chapter.
Shergar chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
oh poor Danny. I'm glad Kono was there for him, but poor baby. Great chapter.