Reviews for Where We Only Cry From Joy
pennamelsjsets chapter 8 . 4/16
Great story! It's pretty realistic how things have gone down hill with Dumbledores death and that of the boy-who-lived. Voldemort wasn't the only one who had the agenda he did, and happened to have suppoters in high places too. I am surprised it took so long for the Marauders and Snape to attempt what they have been. Honestly, though- they have no idea how long it will take to send Harry home! Can they really risk leaving Lily in Azkaban that long? Perhaps the most frustrating element of this story is one which it shares with others with a similar plot. Harry doesn't want to tell them about his world, even though every bit of information could help make a difference. He also is not asking about the world he landed in. He needs information to bluff his way out of an emergency, avoid attracting unwanted attention and it might help him, if he ever gets home. I am looking forward to things moving along. This story has potential to develop in so many different ways. Will they finally rescue Lily? How will it be living on the run? Is Voldemort alive and will Harry face him before leaving? How will his wand being combined move the plot along? When will Harry's dualing skills come in handy?
Magical Poof chapter 8 . 3/22
I just discovered this fic and I must say, I LOVE the concept. It's a very nice change from the usual "Harry gets transported to a world where he's dead/parents are alive" since this Harry survived quite a while after that fateful Halloween night and was still the Boy-Who-Lived! It's wonderfulyl written and so interesting! I'd love to see more, if you're still writing this.
Haley Renee chapter 8 . 3/15
This story is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait for the next chapter!
wolfawaken chapter 7 . 3/8
I do hope you will be writing more of this fine, tearful, mature and intelligence story. I will be looking forward to reading more chapters as soon as they are posted.
Phantom of the Tech Booth chapter 8 . 2/8
I gotta say, I only just barely decided to read this story, as it didn't sound like what I was looking for...and now I can't even remember what type of story I was looking for, because this is blowing my freakin' mind! I can't believe I was even a little bit hesitant to read this. It is well-written and well-paced and well-plotted! I hope you update soon...I knew this was the latest chapter, but I was still taken by surprise when there was no Next button to click.

I'm enjoying everyone's characterization, though Sirius's distance from Harry is intriguing. I thought he would be more...emotional (?) about seeing his godson again (Remus, too, possibly?), but he and Remus have their own secrets to distract them. I can hardly wait to find out what those secrets are! I also like the little snippets of dreams everyone is beginning to have...you're not relying too much on them (which is great, because I always found that dream sequences are too tedious and convenient), but they add some support to the story. I'm just picking out little things I like and rambling about them, it's much too late at night to give this a proper review, but I guess that just means I'll have to take a raincheck and give this a real review when the next chapter comes out!

Happy writing!
Yeahhh you should say away from the overused drama of a "lone tear"... it sure broke the flow for me and made go lookup/listen to that song from "Cry-baby"! (Ahh good movie lol)
Will there be more?
Charlie0925 chapter 8 . 1/11
Truly, truly brilliant writing here hon! I am so captivated by this marvelous plot line and all the fantastic characters you have created here!

I have to say, chills went up my spine when Harry was looking at little Harry's drawings of Tony. If he is who/what I think he is, well, that would be a BRILLIANT twist to the plot. I am so on the edge of my seat wanting to see if I'm right, lol!

I cannot wait to read more of this awesomeness and so hope that they get some happiness and justice in the end! ;o)
MaireadInish chapter 7 . 1/5
I really have been finding this story fascinating and I hope that you are inspired to write a lot more of it. I love the differences between the two realities. Their subtleness draws you in and makes you look for more. I can't wait to read more of what you have.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
LOL THAT IS NOT A COW WAY TO BE OBVIOUS SIRIUS
elsa3beth chapter 3 . 12/6/2014
Love this story, particularly your deft characterizations of James and Harry and their interaction - there are so many AU stories that build up to a big reveal scene only to over dramatize the actual moment, and I felt yours has been right on point. Love the unexpected timeline with Lily in jail, and can't wait to see where you take the story now that your writers block is clearing ;)
long live marshmallows chapter 8 . 12/3/2014
Ughhraaaaaaaaa noooooo I can't belive I caught up! I hope that you'll figure out what to write next. But take your time xD
long live marshmallows chapter 5 . 12/3/2014
Yay! No awkwardness on the Potters' part. Love the red head comment.
long live marshmallows chapter 3 . 12/3/2014
The part with the patronus charm was really nice. And no matter how Sirius' jokes come at a bad timing they are still awesome.
long live marshmallows chapter 2 . 12/3/2014
Oh my god. This story has the BEST PARAMETERS EVER! I MEAN, LILY IN AZKABAN AND OH. SORRY. AP LOCK IS STILL ON. and Harry being accidentally summoned by JAMES!? THIS IS THE BEST EVER!