Reviews for In Deep Water
Ladyliz2 chapter 13 . 8/10

I read it all in one go last night and it was quite frankly the best emotional and physical wump fic I have ever read. Your protrayal of Arthur's thought process concerning Merlin's possible death was nothing short of perfect. This fic made me cry it was written so well. Bravo. Bravo
lovestory121 chapter 13 . 6/19
This story is amazing!
Wolfdragon chapter 13 . 5/11
This. Is. Amazing. My favorite fanfic ever by far! And trust me, I've probably read more than is healthy for me. ;) I was addicted to this story; I read it as soon as I got home from school, I read it at my friends house, I even took screenshots of it so I could read it on my bus (it won't work without the wifi so pictures work). Thankyou for the amazing story. You are amazing, and you captured the characters characters perfectly. Again, spectacular, amazing, unforgettable, you name it! Congratulations. I love this. 3
Larien Elanesse chapter 13 . 5/9
This was an excellent ending. I know that Arthur's reactions made me really sad, but I think you handled it really well - kept him both compassionate but realistic. And both the way that Arthur told Merlin he knew as well as Merlin's reaction to it were perfect. :)
Larien Elanesse chapter 11 . 5/9
A few thoughts:

I'd never really thought about it before reading this chapter, but I suddenly had a huge wave of compassion for Arthur; it is true that he's been lied to and betrayed by so many people before. My heart broke a bit for him when he was thinking "what did I do to make all those close to me hate me?" :( It really made me sad that he felt like Merlin purposely tricked him and betrayed him too, because even though I know that Merlin's kept this really big secret from him, I don't at all feel like Merlin has purposely lied to him (even though that's kind of exactly what it is). Poor Arthur :( I hope he and Merlin can gain back the friendship that they once had.

I LOVE the fact that your story shows their unbreakable dependence on and devotion to one another, without it being slash. It's so hard to find stories where they have this intense love for each other like brothers but there is no romantic aspect. Not that I have anything against slash, but I do love me a really intense bromance. Thank you. :)

I'm glad that Arthur is starting to come around and realize, in the face of Merlin's impending death, that magic or no, he can't do this without Merlin and he needs him to stay alive. I can only hope that once Merlin wakes up and can explain himself a bit (probably that he was born with magic, it wasn't his choice to use it; he has only ever used it for good, never for evil; and that he's hated keeping it secret from Arthur, and in fact there have been countless times that he's wanted to tell his master, but he was afraid that he wouldn't matter enough to Arthur and the king would have him killed for it), that Arthur will be more understanding and they can go back to being friends-on.
Larien Elanesse chapter 10 . 5/9
This chapter was heartbreaking to read. I understand Arthur's sense of betrayal, but it just makes me sad that he feels such hatred and anger towards Merlin of all people, who has never been anything but unflinchingly loyal during their entire time together. :(
Larien Elanesse chapter 6 . 5/8
ESL or not, you are a stunningly good writer. Your stuff is amazing :)
Listelia chapter 13 . 4/15
Awwwww they're so cute like this ! And this was so well written ! Amazing ! Arthur's turmoil, angst, inner journey was so perfectly embodied in your words, I don't know how to explain.. just wonderful. I cried and my hair tingled with fear and I laughed and cried whilst laughing and I'm so glad I read your story ! Thank you a zillion !
BrightWatcher chapter 13 . 12/27/2014
This was heart wrenching.

The emotions and the turmoil were so achingly portrayed.

And the ending was perfect.

Good luck with your writers muse!
RacquelDee chapter 12 . 9/12/2014
Decided to reread this story and it's still as awesome as the first time I read it. I love Arthur's slow realisation and how eventually he comes to terms with Merlin's magic. Merlin's reaction to Arthur's casual comment was brilliant. This is definitely one of my favourite Merlin fanfictions out there.
Elaine Weasley chapter 13 . 8/20/2014
i totally loved it!
thebeautifulbicky chapter 13 . 8/17/2014
*sigh* what a satisfying fic. nice work! (Y)
thebeautifulbicky chapter 10 . 8/17/2014
the whump is great.
thebeautifulbicky chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
uh oh they're in serious trouble D:
thebeautifulbicky chapter 4 . 8/17/2014
oh arthur, you should already know after all these years that merlin's basically unkillable.