Reviews for Fractured Fairytale Cinderella
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Mia Minichiello

10/28/12

"…I've told you a million times, don't make a sound!" my stepmother screamed, shaking the house. I repeatedly banged on the locked rusting door hoping that somebody, anybody, would let me out. I could hear the clicking of my stepsisters high heels, angering the freshly cleaned hard wood floors. They chattered away, running their mouths about the prince… my prince, the man I met last night. Now, my dreams are about to be crushed through the greed of the woman I call my mother.

"The prince!" I heard my pig-like sisters squeal. Out of the mist of this rainy afternoon came a golden carriage pulled by pearly white horses. Their manes were damp from the passing storm, making them appear a ghostly white, almost clear. When the carriage came to a stop, a man stepped out. He was dressed head to toe in a silky blue, a color resembling the roaring ocean waves. His hair was a chocolate brown and his eyes were emeralds, filled with hope and excitement. Even from the foggy window I could tell he was exhausted. My prince has been running around town all day, searching for the one he loves. His dreams will now also be crushed, because that glass slipper belongs to me. I am his one and only princess, though he will never realize it. He will never meet me. I am trapped.

The sounds of boots on tile reassure me that he has entered the house. I press my ear to the door, crushing my blond hair. I strain to hear the conversation going on down stairs. "I am on a search for my princess." He announces. Some tears well up in my crystal blue eyes. I imagined it instantly. His face covered with disappointment, longing for the woman he loves, while she is locked away in her home, unable to escape to find him. He places the glass slipper on the floor and tells my sisters to try it on, though I hear doubt in his voice. After a few minutes, the cries of disappointment are unmistakable. The slipper didn't fit. I could almost feel the devastation spreading through the house. The door slams shut, and the golden carriage rides away almost as quickly as it came. I sink to the floor and cry; my arms tremble as I reach to hug my knees to my chest. I let all the pain, all the devastation and all the disappointment from over the years freely flow out. My prince is gone, and he won't be coming back. I chuck the remaining glass slipper across the room and watch it shatter on impact. The other slipper has been broken, and my life had gone with it.
evillullaby6 chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Like real life no fairy tale ending
Mira Black chapter 1 . 11/29/2012