Reviews for Tales from the Lower Decks
Linvalay chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
GOOOOOOOD STORY. Have you no idea how hard it is to read this and not laugh out loud? It's taking everything i have to not wake my roommates!
Cant wait to read more!
marmota-b chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Maybe, just maybe, you should add "humour" to the genres. These stories made me laugh out loud.
"We make some mean shish-kebabs on 'em too, Captain."
and
"You guys, make sure you invite Spock too!"
And, generally, you have very good comic timing! If one can say that about a written story...
Pencil37 chapter 6 . 1/15/2013
Brilliant! I especially love the way you write McCoy :P
AutumnLeaves11 chapter 6 . 1/8/2013
:D :D Poor Matthew! This ship... 'insane, the lot of them.' :) I especially liked Matthes constantly going back to "xenophobia"... so nicely written! Thanks!
Beloved Daughter chapter 6 . 1/5/2013
This story is absolutely hysterical! I loved reading every moment of it! Please, please update again soon!
Mystical G Panther chapter 6 . 1/5/2013
Awesome story! Keep it up!
Hummingbird2 chapter 6 . 1/5/2013
Insane, I tell you, the lot of them.

Ah, but would we have them any other way? Superb chapter, and boy, you weren't kidding about the whump (I'm a whump fan, so no problem), thank you!
The Red Fedora chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
Indeed:-) great chapter
trekkfan chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
I love Turner's POV. I hope to learn more about Turner too!
Heather Snow chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
I loved Turner's jury-rigged heat. Definitely want to see him recognized and given the chance to advance and utilize his full potential. :-)
Su No Yo chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
I really like the subtle humour and sarcasm in these one-shots and, as a Brit, they feel very British indeed, so points there.

Onto this chapter specifically:

Ouch, poor Spock! He always seems to have the worst luck doesn't he? And that cat-eyelid thing is the second eyelid thingy from Operation: Annihilate' that saves him from permanent blindness? I'm assuming he's unaware of its deployment? So when/if you get around to doing a one-shot based around that Ensign Turner will remember this? Maybe?

THis one-shot, while being very complete also makes me want to see the repercussions of this event. Specifically, whose head rolled after Kirk investigated this?

And from the way xenophobia keeps popping up (it was background 'only-if-you-remember-the-events-in-question from an earlier chapter) maybe there's grounds for a later one-shot about xenophobia? A guest comes aboard and is suitably offensive, leading to everyone retaliating on behalf of their Mr. Spock. Particularly as he seems to be some sort of occasionally terrifying, but very sweet and kind mascot for the crew.

Either way, I love this series and the outsider's perspective of the triumvirate, and I look forward to more one-shots.
Kanata Fujiwara chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Funny! I really like this Turner character— stories told from the POV of people like him are the best. I've actually read all 6 chapters, but the story was so good that I decided to read through the fic again.

Just one question: why does Kirk call him 'Mr. Matthews' if his name is Matthew Turner...?
batfan7 chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
I think I'd react like Turner too and empty my stomach at that kind of sight. Ugh. Poor Spock. At least he heals quickly. You have a lovely voice with this ensign - he rambles beautifully and it's fun to read :-)
bookdragon01 chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
I have been enjoying these so much and this is the best yet. The Spock-McCoy name-calling in TOS always did strike me as something Starfleet seemed unlikely to tolerate, but it added so much fun to the character interaction, esp. as we all knew how much they actually cared for each other.
History101 chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
Lol, I loved this one, the ending made me laugh!
133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »