Reviews for An Alternate Life
Marla Hooch chapter 16 . 1/25/2013
I recently saw a random episode of Voyagers! on TV and remembered how much I liked the show when I was younger. I decided to explore FF and found your stories! I've read them all and absolutely love the relationship you developed beyond the TV show for these characters. It's a shame Jon-Erik Hexum isn't alive now - Voyagers! reunion would be a cool thing. Thank you for writing these great stories and I hope there will be more to come!
Kris
Morgan chapter 16 . 12/5/2012
Great job. I really liked the story and how the idea of what would of happened if Bogg hadn't been the one who crashed landed in his room. Kudos for a job well done.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 16 . 11/21/2012
"The difference was that he'd been with Bogg, and every angry episode seemed to end with tears and companionship, not isolation or violence."
That line is a keeper! Love it.

Such a sweet ending. I was thinking that it would have been interesting to know if Bogg had a certain attachment to piano playing, like maybe his parents or a family member, etc. But you gave that to Jeff by making Kathy musical. That's nice. We know nothing about Mrs. Jones except that she might give nice hugs.

The story went by so fast, but it was a nice read. Thanks for sharing it!
Bookworm41 chapter 16 . 11/21/2012
Great job, I loved the ending. the feel of home was really nice.
leyapearl chapter 15 . 11/21/2012
"No one else could know Bogg the way he did and he suddenly felt very privileged to have been a witness to such acts of kindness." It's too bad most teenagers can't have that kind of revelation...
leyapearl chapter 14 . 11/21/2012
And right there is the difference between Dan and Bogg. Bogg felt the kid was important even if he wasn't capital I important. And because he can't see why Bogg felt that way is why Dan brought Jeff back to 1982.
leyapearl chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
Sorry I haven't been reviewing each chapter as it comes, but life has gotten in the way. I have been reading, though, and enjoying this immensely. It's interesting to see this take on Jeff. AU Bogg's interactions with him were sweet and definitely laid the groundwork for the relationship they would have had (did have?) if Bogg had been the one to find him instead of Dan. The whole street gang thing kind of blew me away, especially the reveal of Jeff being in juvenile detention, but I can definitely see it. Given how his temper explodes at times in the show, combined with Aunt Elizabeth's lack of caring, he could definitely have gone in that direction, if for no other reason than to get a reaction from someone.
Bookworm41 chapter 15 . 11/19/2012
Love these last to chapters, love seeing them back together and that Jeff has learned how important Bogg is to his life.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 15 . 11/18/2012
This chapter made me teary-eyed. You're right about the beef Jerky. Bogg didn't have to feed the guy since the time-line was about to be fixed, but he did anyway. What a man! As I read I'm getting more and more encouraged to write a new story. I'm trying to wrap my head around one. I wonder how Bogg will feel if he finds out Jeffrey was looking at alternate time-lines for himself. Most likely a little hurt.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 14 . 11/18/2012
Wow, exciting chapter! Aww, Jeff joins a street gang in the AU and now this. I'm so glad Bogg is back. What a daring rescue he made, but that's the way Bogg is. He doesn't think about who's important to history and who's not. Dan must be one of those Voyagers from every rank who sided with Drake at one point. Ughh! I like the idea that omni tracking is lost due to interference from other elements.
Bookworm41 chapter 13 . 11/18/2012
What a terrible thing for him to see, glad that he got this future instead of that one. Guess that will make him think twice. Hope that you make Bogg ok.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/17/2012
Oh, so very sad. But Jeff definitely had the makings of an angry young man if he stayed where he was. I hate to see him appreciating it only this way, but ...

And, sheesh, I hope Bogg is OK. And that he understands and isn't too hurt by Jeff exploring alternatives.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
I'm worried for Bogg! This is really interesting, in 3 years from the alternate time line, Jeffrey will be sullen and mute! Ughh. Can't wait to see what's next.
Bookworm41 chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
Still love it.
Love how you showed the connection between the two even when they weren't together, and now the trouble that is making Jeff worry.
mcatB chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
Great updates! I'm really enjoying this story - and how no matter how much things, change, they manage to stay the same, too.