Reviews for Contrivance
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Very nice. Much better than the actual episode ending. Like that Lisbon so skillfully used Volker's arrogance to milk him for information. Like that Lisbon pointed out that Volker's contact with an even greater evil puts him at risk. Liked the final touch of Jane contributing his own skills to Volker's well-deserved misery. Thanks.
Anna chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I like it :)! Great!
blueMnM415 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Hehehehe, that was fun. That was some really great dialogue, great job. Definitely enjoyed this and how worried Jane was, very sweet. Can't wait for more.
blue
csiAngel chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This will be how that plotline ties up in my head too. Thank you!
AVG18 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
loved it! and I also think that is the line that the following chapter will follow as far as this mini arc goes. Good job!
Idan chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
This was just what I needed after that episode! Thank you for the therapy. :) The footsteps thing was brilliant! And I'm all for the anvils, by the way!
Jisbon4Ever1 chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I too have had issues with the previous episodes, so I get what you mean. ;)

And I want to thank you for writing this tag. I absolutely love it. It's evrything I wish to see and more.
I just love Lisbon proving herself. With, or without Jane. She's Great.

I enjoyed reading this so much. I just wanted you to know. :) Nice work.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Liked the oneshot!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
The bit where Lisbon tells Jane not to even start because they both know he was too busy obsessing over Red John and Lorelei to care what was going on with her?

*slow clap*

That was a thing of beauty.

While I think this storyline has a ton of potential, a not small part of me wants Jane to get clued in as to what is going on and for Lisbon to be all "Fuck off. This is my thing." As much as I love watching Jane and Lisbon play off each other, it would be great to watch Lisbon taking care of business on her own for a little while. Of course, since the show is called "The Mentalist" there's not too much chance of that happening, but a girl can dream.

Anyway, this was fab and would be a great ending to the Volker storyline.
yaba chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I haven't read Mentalist fic in quite some time but this was incredible. This was the first episode of the season for which I felt a post ep was necessary and you did such a great job. Even though you had issues with the episode, your resolution was well thought out and the writing was as always seamless. I really liked how Jane panicked for a minute and used his own tactics to get back at Volker for threatening Lisbon. I also liked that she reminded him of how deep in the RJ/Lorelai search he was that she didn't bother telling him about Volker. I thought that was a very nice touch. I've missed your writing! Must go back into your archive, I'm sure there are treats waiting for me there :D

-Yana
CrazerCat chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
This was great. Loved the part about Jane making Volker think he had a dead mouse in his pocket. Well, all of the Jane/Lisbon banter was just wonderful, actually. I vote for more if you're taking votes...
Hayseed Socrates chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Oh Lisbon, you go girl. I could hear them speaking every line of this, and their gestures were spot on as well. Perfection.
Kaoh chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Nicely played with Volker - great to see Lisbon get the upper hand and for Jane to realise what happened.
Water-please chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Love your take on this ep, and I'm so glad that you did! This Volker creep sent shivers up my spine, and not the good kind.
I'm on Lisbon's side on this one - and I'm glad that Jane is on the same side!
Perfectly written how Jane is protecting Lisbon. And very carefully put why he chose to tell her this time.
All-I-need chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
I am completely with you when it comes to dropping anvils on Volker's head.
And could Jane PLEASE do exactly what you wrote to him?!
This story is wonderful, great, and I totally love how Lisbon played Volker. She won that war and Volker is sunk.

Thanks for this wonderful story and sorry for the short review - I'm in school. Let's just say my lesson was greatly improved by this ... ;-)