Reviews for Dawnguard: Heirs to the Blood
JLLB chapter 4 . 1/4
Wow, this is so good! I really like the grasp you have on Serana's character and their chemistry so far is great. That last update date frightens me, though. I hope this is not abandoned!
grat story
Seven Seven chapter 4 . 11/30/2014
It's been far to long since I've read a story with pairing that was this good so when there suddenly no more chapters I felt rather dissapointed. As such I very much hope that this story isn't abandoned and will be updated again soon.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/17/2014
Holy shit, this is really well written and the interaction between the DB and Serana is astounding. Even the reapproach on how they meet is wonderous; I kept on thinking what's gonna happen next. You have me hoping that they meet each other again - shameless fangirl over OTP, but your take in the DB and the vampiress is interesting and the manner in which you tell it, is amazing. If this turns out to be a story that pairs them, I am going to be downright eager to read all future content.

Keep up the good work, I hope you update again soon.
JohnyS chapter 4 . 6/15/2014
The blood drinking was very hot; I can only hope there will be a lot more in the future. Can vampires not drink from each other? That would be disappointing.

I really hope you update soon, with more Serana!
0769Alpha1378 chapter 4 . 4/2/2014
Great story I am really enjoying it update soon :D
Stalker69 chapter 4 . 3/17/2014
OMG! *Runs around screaming* That was freaking awesome!
Bet the fighting scene was an ass to write, but still u kicked ass with it!
And wow! That was a nice twist how they meet * HOT! Gosh! *cough*
Also admire the fine detail that you craft is so meticulous, loving the story seriously!
Oh! totally liking this Serena much more! *Smoking waggles eyebrows* lol

Seriously cant wait for the next update!
You're AWESOME! *salutes*
Keep up the awesomeness and take care.*GRINS*
Guest chapter 4 . 2/27/2014
Wow this is awesome and their first meeting was rather 'explosive' haha. Looking forward to more!
purp1ehazze chapter 4 . 2/18/2014
Great story, I can't wait to read more!
Hope6968 chapter 4 . 2/17/2014
Fun story so far. I Love Eleanor and Serena they seem like they are going to be fun characters. Can't wait for the next installment. Thank you, Hope.
Metroidvania chapter 4 . 2/9/2014
First off, awesome, awesome, awesome to see you back.

Hmm...Serana seems more like what I'd imagine a...modern vampire feels like, almost like a certain vampire who is featured prominently in another story :p.

Harken had the same pomp that Serana shows, but the strong seduction angle at this first meeting seems a bit odd, especially given Serana's more reclusive/no-nonsense nature in canon Dawnguard. It could be more of the true vampire genes expressing themselves, (in addition to Vampire's seduction spell) since they have the ability to hide their true forms away better than their weaker descendants/cousins in the original game, but it does feel a bit jarring. Serana does open up, certainly, but it takes a fair bit of time with the Dragonborn to let her feel safe/friendly enough to do so, given her past with her parents.

Also, Astlyr seems a bit...naive here? Obviously Serana's a strong companion for the Dragonborn who slew Alduin, and thus is probably moreso than a match for his descendant who lacks much of his experience.

But the Dragon soul keeping Astlyr from being enthralled aside, it feels a bit too one-sided for me to really get into the flow of the fight (especially with Astlyr seemingly having been in the Dawnguard and having hunted vampires in the past), much less imagine Astlyr potentially taking on Harken or the rest of the clan later. While Serana is much more powerful than your average vamp, I would have expected Astlyr's competency to respond in kind when the gargoyles appeared (perhaps with a Slow time or elemental fury thuum?)...and instead, it just kind of fizzled out.

Obviously killing Serana here would be fairly detrimental to the story's progression, but it still just feels a tiny bit...off.

In any event, it's not something that breaks the suspension of disbelief of the overall story, but I do hope Astlyr bucks up more in the future, to balance things out between her and Serana once the severity of the situation comes to light.

Looking forward to the next chapter, at any rate.

Until next.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/7/2014
You did quite well with your fight scenes. You made good use of momentum and flow.

But far and beyond the best part was meeting Serana. That was uncomfortably good. Is it just me, or is it hot in here? I think I know a bit of what Astlyr felt!

I'm really enjoying your modifications to the story we all know. Taking a video game world and making it an actual fantasy world is the pinnacle I'm always seeking.

This has got to be one of the most engaging Skyrim fics I've ever read. I'm on pins and needles waiting on each update.
mendesana chapter 4 . 2/7/2014
I love it, their interaction was amusing, update soon...
So are turning Serana into a tease? lolol Cause in the game she's shy lolol
MightyMerlin chapter 4 . 2/6/2014
Another stunning chapter, the fighting moments were excellent, as well as how Eleanor and Serana 'met' (I love the use of paralysis spells in the game xD)

I am eager to see how they meet again :)

Amazing as always, keep up the great work! :D
Avarenda chapter 4 . 2/6/2014
Wow, i actually really want to see where this goes. Please update again soon.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »